Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

7 hours ago, Slacks said:

That looks terrible. 

Drives home how much of an utter sycophant loser you need to be to buy anything Musk related at this point, when other options exist.

Obvious exception for people who bought Teslas some time ago, and who are probably and unfortunately in a bad negative equity situation.

11 minutes ago, choripan said:

unfortunately in a bad negative equity situation.

Unfortunately? A car is a depreciating asset. All car owners are in a negative equity situation. It’s not luck these idiots are in the same situation. They believe Musk that Tesla owners could turn their cars into an income producing asset. It’s idiocy, naïveté, or sycophancy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Unfortunately? A car is a depreciating asset. All car owners are in a negative equity situation. It’s not luck these idiots are in the same situation. They believe Musk that Tesla owners could turn their cars into an income producing asset. It’s idiocy, naïveté, or sycophancy. 

Often, between down payment and payments made, people have *some* equity. Not always, but often. In other words, most people pay down their principal amount one or many steps ahead of the depreciation curve.

But the drop in value of these cars has been so precipitous that it's almost impossible to be right side up in many cases, even if the buyer was relatively responsible with respect to amount down and loan term.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Slacks said:

That looks terrible. 

It looks even worse in person. Someone at my kids school has one so I see it almost daily. It’s hard to decide at which angle it looks worse. I think from behind is laughably bad though. 

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

It looks even worse in person. Someone at my kids school has one so I see it almost daily. It’s hard to decide at which angle it looks worse. I think from behind is laughably bad though. 

image.thumb.png.13f9827ad160c65c7739aa442aca193c.png

Does this ass make me look stupid?

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

I'm sure this opinion has been shared 1000 times, but I might be okay with it if it wasn't called a truck. If it was designed, marketed, and sold as a one-of-a-kind concept car, okay sure.

Doubtful, I bet it is still panned for looking dumb. Though you do lose all those videos of people laughing at them being stuck in snow/mud/etc. 

But they would still look dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

I'm sure this opinion has been shared 1000 times, but I might be okay with it if it wasn't called a truck. If it was designed, marketed, and sold as a one-of-a-kind concept car, okay sure.

That opinion has been shared one time, by you, and it's a terrible opinion 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Like the Tesla Aztec?

5 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Does this ass make me look stupid?

The one I've seen recently had a cover on the back, and if it weren't for the brake lights, you. might not know what's the front and the back from a distance.

20 hours ago, choripan said:

Often, between down payment and payments made, people have *some* equity. Not always, but often. In other words, most people pay down their principal amount one or many steps ahead of the depreciation curve.

But the drop in value of these cars has been so precipitous that it's almost impossible to be right side up in many cases, even if the buyer was relatively responsible with respect to amount down and loan term.

But I was told they would appreciate 

image.thumb.jpeg.e0abeaaf1df3a5a28d1c35f0eb457a08.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2024 at 12:38 AM, atomheartbevo said:

Honda has a couple of concepts it's working on for rollout in 2026 and they actually look like they are from the future and not something a kid dreamed up in the 1980s after watching Damnation Alley on KHTV Channel 39.

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/01/these-are-hondas-concepts-for-its-new-family-of-evs-due-in-2026/

cBSALOON-800x410.jpg

c@SALOON-1440x751.jpg

cASALOON-1440x859.jpg

And the transport van/mini-van folks are covered.

cDSPACE-HUB-1440x738.jpg

cESPACE-HUB-1440x960.jpg

They should dust off a Toyota Previa, replace the stereo, and then slap a battery in it.

On 1/10/2024 at 11:57 AM, Fastbreak said:

He is actually 100x more dangerous than Rupert Murdoch. It’s funny how these non-Americans are trying to create chaos in America.

Build a firewall.

Renewing a drivers license isn’t difficult. Or at least it wasn’t last year.

Difficult? Not necessarily. Also depends on how your DPS clerk feels. Bottom line is that something that didn’t used to require a document or two now requires a file.
And again, have fun getting an absentee ballot.

45 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It’s gotten more time consuming with the newer requirements.  If I’ve had an ID/DL with the state of Texas for over 30 years continuously, I shouldn’t have to start providing more documents and should be able to renew online.  Especially when it can be a real pain in the ass to get it scheduled.

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I’ve always had to show my ID

It’s been many, many years since I wasn’t asked for an ID (and even then I had a voter registration card).  I literally walk in, they scan my ID and look at me.

Again, Elmo probably hasn’t voted and so doesn’t realize this.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

It can very much be in person, and especially if you’ve never presented your birth certificate.

“I’m a man, I’ve had a TX DL for forty years, what do you mean birth certificate?!”

• Hook 'Em 2

I realize this is a useless side discussion, but I present my ID to vote, and then refuse to answer any other questions. I realize they are volunteers so I’m not a dick about it. Then the election commissioner or whatever has to come over. Then I vote.

It can very much be in person, and especially if you’ve never presented your birth certificate.
“I’m a man, I’ve had a TX DL for forty years, what do you mean birth certificate?!”

And a fucking valid US passport…which you can’t get WITHOUT a birth certificate…isn’t enough.
It’s stupidity that’s purportedly to address voter fraud (which is so minimal as to hardly bear mentioning) but REALLY intended to exclude poor people and minorities from voting. The designers of the voting and ID laws have openly said so, you don’t need to take my word for it.
And Elon…he fucking bites on it. He’s a total fucking dumbass.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You have to get an updated picture every so often.  You have to do that in person.  I’m currently riding dirty because it was 6 months for an appointment near where I live.  While I am aware that you can drive to some podunk DPS office and get it done quicker, I’m not wasting a day because the state of Texas fucking sucks.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Difficulty is relative. Is it difficult for you? No. Is it difficult for 80% of the general population that needs rubber corners? Yes. I routinely have to explain how to download documents to people who are supposedly gainfully employed. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

Yep that was me the other day when I went in to renew. I've worked for state and federal agencies, but the fuckers still wanted a birth certificate. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And a fucking valid US passport…which you can’t get WITHOUT a birth certificate…isn’t enough.
It’s stupidity that’s purportedly to address voter fraud (which is so minimal as to hardly bear mentioning) but REALLY intended to exclude poor people and minorities from voting. The designers of the voting and ID laws have openly said so, you don’t need to take my word for it.
And Elon…he fucking bites on it. He’s a total fucking dumbass.

According to the Real ID Document Checklist, a valid US passport works

Do you have all the documents listed below?

• An original or certified copy of a Birth Certificate issued by a State Bureau of Vital Statistics or equivalent Agency from a U.S. State, U.S. Territory, the District of Columbia or an unexpired U.S. Passport Book or Card
  • Social Security Card (actual card)
  • Current Texas Vehicle Registration or Title (If you own a vehicle)
  • Current automobile insurance policy, statement, or card (If you own a vehicle)
  • If your name changed, legal documents showing proof of name change from your birth name

https://www.dps.texas.gov/apps/DriverLicense/RealID/

I don't even know where my birth certificate is.  My parents probably have it in a safety deposit box somewhere.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

• An original or certified copy of a Birth Certificate issued by a State Bureau of Vital Statistics or equivalent Agency from a U.S. State, U.S. Territory, the District of Columbia or an unexpired U.S. Passport Book or Card
  • Current automobile insurance policy, statement, or card (If you own a vehicle)
  • If your name changed, legal documents showing proof of name change from your birth name

I don't even know where my birth certificate is.  My parents probably have it in a safety deposit box somewhere.

aint nobody got time for that GIF

27 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Oh, you wanna know the super fun part?  Some time back, the DPS changed my name.  My middle name is spanish.  Think "Jorge."  For some reason, they changed it to "George."  The only place in the world my name is recorded as "George" is on my TDL....because they decided to gringo-fy my name.  SO, when I last went in to renew, I brought all my paperwork -- you know, the stacks of official GOVERNMENT DOCUMENTS that have my name as "Jorge."  And I asked them to fix their fuckup.  They said nope.  My name is now "George."  And if I want to change it (back), I need to go to court.

Your State of Texas, folks.  These are the people who Elon thinks are heroes who will protect us from RAMPANT ELECTION FRAUD!  Their job is to 1) be lazy and 2) fuck people over, especially if those people might vote the wrong way according to the powers that be.  That's it.  Elon's a fucking moronic piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

Don't forget the appointments you can't make faster than about 90 days in advance at DPS.  What the shitfuck is this?

You can get a birth certificate without additional id.  But it's difficult to get a Social Security card without a DL and vice versa, nearly imposslble.

Wife's mom had her bc and SS card, in a little lockbox, but two moves and dementia onset and we go to retrieve from said lockbox and none of the family papers are there anymore.  Foolish of us not to grab it, but  . . . . 

8 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Social security card is the most worthless easily fakeable document there is. 

I want big brother. I’m so fucking tired of doing everything. What do I owe in taxes? Bitch, you are the one charging me, you figure it out. Once you do I will review and pay. Driver’s License and Registration? Ugh, can you not just pull up my documents digitally by scanning my eyeballs or fingerprints.