Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

Uh….I don’t mean to rain on your parade Sigmund, but Elon’s manic episodes do give off a pretty strong “I have a bag, come over” vibes.  I’d think cocaine over meth, but the dude has definitely ripped a line or two. 

It’s not drugs. My bet is bipolar.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, Chopper said:

New twitter competitor in the works. @noam was the ceo of waze for 12 years. Only taking waiting list signups right now unless you receive an invite.

Good name

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

"deprecate TLS"

"lower total ad views"

Advertisers are just going to love that.

lol big sleepover planning 

22 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

So let’s see. Trump used Twitter to coordinate a deadly assault on the US Capital in a desperate attempt to pull a coup. Now Trump is about to be indicted. Anyone that dies in the coming violence- Elon will have their blood on his hands. 

Elon doesn’t give a fuck. 

4 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

He was always allowing Trump back on. Did anyone really think otherwise? How poorly Trump behaves will determine how long he’s back. 

Oh for fucks sake.  You actually believe this?  Seriously?  And you are (presumably) educated?

It explains a lot, actually.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Welp that will be the kill shot.  What a fucking moron.  

It's a lot about Trump but not mainly about him. No advertiser is interested in a site where the leader just leaves it up to a common clay internet poll.  

The guy threatens to call off the purchase a couple of months ago because of his claims that Twitter was infested with bots. Ultimately accepts that he does have to buy Twitter, and then immediately hands over moderation duties to the armies of bots. 

Okay Confused GIFs | Tenor

Thats an interesting way to assure advertisers that their ad spend is better allocated at Twitter than other possibilities. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble Beast said:

He was always allowing Trump back on. Did anyone really think otherwise?

This is 100% correct. He just needed a thinly-veiled excuse--like a public poll--to hide behind to make it happen. You know, because he's a pussy ass bitch. 

1 hour ago, Humble Beast said:

How poorly Trump behaves will determine how long he’s back. 

Holy fuck you're dumb.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

"deprecate TLS"

"lower total ad views"

Advertisers are just going to love that.

Based on the white boards I am guessing they are getting rid of the older API clients talking to the API Gateways that use a deprecated version of TLS. Basically cutting off the old Android phones.

Not unusual, I've made similar decisions over the years.

He’s not interested in coming back to Twitter.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/musks-twitter-poll-showing-narrow-majority-want-trump-reinstated-2022-11-20/

Somewhat unsaid, but basically Trump can’t be kicked off of TS, but he knows he can be kicked off Twitter again.

Can we go back to making fun of Elon’s decisions?

The billionaire has since sought to reassure users and advertisers that such a decision would be made with consideration by a content moderation council composed of people with "widely diverse viewpoints" and no account reinstatements would happen before the council convened.

He also said Twitter would not reinstate any banned users until there was a "clear process for doing so." 

But this week, Musk reinstated comedian Kathy Griffin, who had been banned for changing her profile name to "Elon Musk" which violated his new rule against impersonation without indicating it was a parody account. There has been no new information about process or the moderation council.

Edited by atomheartbevo

On 11/18/2022 at 9:47 AM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

What do you agree with Elon about in terms of his management of Twitter?

What about his first few weeks at the helm have you cheering wildly?

Its been an unmitigated disaster in every conceivable way. 

This is good. It was a weird area where Twitter was negligent in moderation. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

I don’t think anyone here was actually defending the previous management of Twitter.  Also: something can be two things at once.  Musk can be destroying Twitter and also taking CSE seriously. 

The Astros are fucking cheaters.  They are also very, very good at baseball. See what I did there. Humans aren’t binary switches.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

How much closer does this put us to busting the lib pedo cabal at the pizza joint?

Those sick fucks need to be brought to justice once and for all.

I took the time to click through the Teslarati article and there’s a link to an underlying legal case.  While the article says Twitter “refused to take down content even after the exploited individuals begged them to,” it neglected to mention that Twitter did an initial review, first found no violation, then removed the material after law enforcement contacted them and verified it was exploitative. 

Shocker, that kind of important context being left out of “Teslarati” blog. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

After sleeping on it, I don't believe Trump will come back to Twitter for one reason:  he will want paid.  Yes, he wants the adoration and everything that goes with the attention, but ultimately, he will want some serious cash (probably even a chunk of ownership) to use Elons playtoy.  

When Twitter was a public company, that was out of the question.  But he feels like he can extort Elon on this (and maybe Elon is stupid enough to actually do it).  

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

After sleeping on it, I don't believe Trump will come back to Twitter for one reason:  he will want paid.  Yes, he wants the adoration and everything that goes with the attention, but ultimately, he will want some serious cash (probably even a chunk of ownership) to use Elons playtoy.  

When Twitter was a public company, that was out of the question.  But he feels like he can extort Elon on this (and maybe Elon is stupid enough to actually do it).  

I just think he knows he can't afford to leave Truth, the value would evaporate if he did.

I also would not be remotely surprised if this factored into Elmos decision. Gets to do his 16 year old edge lord schtick with no repercussions.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I took the time to click through the Teslarati article and there’s a link to an underlying legal case.  While the article says Twitter “refused to take down content even after the exploited individuals begged them to,” it neglected to mention that Twitter did an initial review, first found no violation, then removed the material after law enforcement contacted them and verified it was exploitative. 

Consider the source and provider 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Im going to go out on a limb and say cleaning up the hashtags is good thing. 

Interesting that Twitter did a review of complaints related to child exploitation and tightly adhered to ToS until law enforcement had to intervene. But “deadnaming” people got you the axe immediately. Priorities were totally jacked. 

• Fuck You 7

45 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Well ackshually they did review it but thought it was fine. Then the cops had to make it them take it down. It’s not the own you think it is. 

Thanks for the “context”. 

Edited by Humble Beast
  • Fuck You 3

37 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

“Elon is bringing free speech and Trump back to Twitter while taking on the pedos”‘is a little too on the nose for a certain stoopid subset in this moment of American life. 

As seen in the rittenhouse thread, just scream "PEDO!!!" over and over to browbeat anyone who disagrees with them, and paint you as sympathetic to pedos. It's how qanon works too

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?