Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

He’d be a fucking nightmare client and would almost certainly refuse to pay the bill if the slightest thing didn’t go his way

I would have guessed that he would be the opposite.  Paying his bills to have his lawyers keep his stupid ass in check for years.  Maybe there is a recency bias though.  

This is awesome, hilarious, and really shitty at the same time. America is probably better off without Twitter and it’s funny as hell to see him crash and burn in such a humiliating fashion, but he’s destroying what was often a vibrant and interesting online community. 

There’s also something to be said for the pure waste. None of us could light $44 billion on fire this quickly if we tried. We couldn’t even do it this quickly collectively. To have that much money, that much capacity to do literally anything with it, and to just do…this… is truly fucked up. 

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

He really is a massive piece of shit. I would wish this takes down Tesla, Space X, and Boring but then that just hurts all the smart people who makes those companies great and innovative. Maybe somebody can just kick his ass, preferably one of the people he fired. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

"Somehow, other countries do just fine without class-action law."

He's not wrong.  Do you think that he's interested in what they do instead?  I'm thinking that their path of "more regulation" is not what he has in mind.

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

he really is a fucking idiot.  I know more about the law from a business law book than this idiot and his HR people do.  Of course, his lawyers are happy to keep billing the moron.   Who could have known there was case law that decided this decades ago?  

He really is an idiot.  In his first week at Twitter, he publicly showed the world that he didn’t actually understand what free speech means, particularly in regard to the US Constitution, but also just in general how it does or doesn’t apply to private companies.

And now with this extreme hardcore Twitter 2.0 ENGINEERS ARE YOU WILLING TO WORK LONG HOURS FOR ME ON SHORT NOTICE TO KEEP YOUR JOBS??? bullshit, he is publicly showing the world that he doesn’t actually understand twitter’s problems.  He seems to think that it’s all one big engineering problem to be solved, like hiring rocket nerds to figure out how to land a rocket booster, instead of it being an actual human being and marketing problem that he has completely flubbed. 

And the thing is, he probably truly believes that if he can streamline Twitter, improve this or that metric, speed up this or that part of Twitter, that somehow it will increase users and/or usage, that advertisers will flock to it.  He doesn’t get that the policy changes affecting humans beings that he has made have ensured that Twitter will remain unprofitable (and only get worse with the debt he saddled them with).

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

He really is a massive piece of shit. I would wise this takes down Tesla, Space X, and Boring but then that just hurts all the smart people who makes those companies great and innovative. Maybe somebody can just kick his ass, preferably one of the people he fired. 

Among many other things he has proven publicly, he has also shown that he doesn’t have any actual friends, or if so, he doesn’t listen to them. He doesn’t appear to  have anybody he will listen to or trust that’s willing to tell him when he’s fucking up.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

He really is a massive piece of shit. I would wish this takes down Tesla, Space X, and Boring but then that just hurts all the smart people who makes those companies great and innovative. Maybe somebody can just kick his ass, preferably one of the people he fired. 

Ideally, he goes to prison for getting on the wrong side of the feds and loses complete control of all his companies.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Constant said:

It is instant information from (typically) verified sources, and a most unique way of communicating with the entire world. It is the best social media app (and potentially the worst). Facebook wishes it had half the reach a single tweet can create. 

Elon is fucking it all up. 

Or one post on the Surly and we don't get a new football coach we all like. 

53 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Jesus christ

its.just.facebook.status.updates.

who fuckin cares

I don’t have an account on either so it feels weird telling you that you have no fucking idea what you are talking about but you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Jesus christ

its.just.facebook.status.updates.

who fuckin cares

Tell me you're completely clueless about the national security implications of the Twitter deal and the subsequent destruction of Twitter (and it's user safeguards) by a petulant, baboon brained manchild without telling me.

It's okay to be a dumbass, but maybe just sit this one out if you can't find 5 minutes of your day to learn something that doesn't involve sniffing glue.

I have a Twitter account, but I certainly don't use it much. However, I'm very aware of how important Twitter is as a communications tool. For fuck's sake, the literal day he implemented his retarded fucking Twitter Blue idea, a fake account posted a tweet that cost a company billions of dollars in market cap. Don't get me wrong, fuck Eli Lilly, but it's just an example of the impact a single tweet can have on the world.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Hook 'Em 6

13 hours ago, 'stache said:

I get wanting to charge $8 for the check (dumb but I guess make money where you can), but why do away with the vetting? I thought the whole point was to verify the person or company is legitimate. Makes it easier to know if an account is a parody or spoof. I doubt Kelloggs cares if some non-checked account is being stupid, people would easily see it's not really them. I'm sure plenty of companies and celebs would pay $8 a month to maintain the check for that reason. What was the logic behind just doing away with that part of the process? (yes i know he's not operating with much logic but I seriously don't understand).

Not to be overly dramatic but it's a war on democracy and truth. Certain people in society can't stand to be fact-checked and their solution is to own or blackmail the media and/or medium.

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hard to verify, but there are claims that most of payroll and accounting are gone.

The fact that they fired the guy in charge of badge access makes me think it’s probably true.

That dude was joking. If you scroll his timeline you can see.
https://twitter.com/anothercohen  it was a damn good one though

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2

I feel like a dork, but made a few posts on some of my accounts pointing people to other social media sites I use for my websites.  I’m not saying Twitter will melt down, but anything is possible at this point.  Hell, Elmo could take it offline to replace it with the all new HARDCORE EXTREME TWITTER 2.0

Twitter is effectively running on auto-pilot with little or no oversight with regard to security concerns or anything else due to the massive amounts of irreparable damage Elon has done in a couple of weeks. It's complete and utter madness what he's doing. I knew he was an idiot, but I never thought he was dumb enough to do some of the things he's done in the past couple of weeks. It's mesmerizing.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

That dude was joking. If you scroll his timeline you can see.

Okay that was funny.

The people I saw discussing it (people in HR/accounting/payroll/admin/etc. being fired or leaving) were tech journalists/bloggers in SF and I don’t think they’d burn their credibility down with pranks.  They also had links to Linked In, etc.showing ex-employees,

Edit: if you were non-engineering/development, not a lot of reasons to stay at Twitter at this point, as there are plenty of jobs elsewhere.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Okay that was funny.

The people I saw discussing it (people in HR/accounting/payroll/admin/etc. being fired or leaving) were tech journalists/bloggers in SF and I don’t think they’d burn their credibility down with pranks.  They also had links to Linked In, etc.showing ex-employees,

Edit: if you were non-engineering/development, not a lot of reasons to stay at Twitter at this point, as there are plenty of jobs elsewhere.

I posted something in this thread I thought was real this morning and like within a minute of posting I realized I missed the joke and had to delete the post. This way this situation is playing out is so absurd it can be difficult to distinguish what's real. But sometimes it's not so tough /

Fh0jqKqXkAIbE1C?format=jpg&name=medium

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I feel like a dork, but made a few posts on some of my accounts pointing people to other social media sites I use for my websites.  I’m not saying Twitter will melt down, but anything is possible at this point.  Hell, Elmo could take it offline to replace it with the all new HARDCORE EXTREME TWITTER 2.0

What if he combines the new twitter with only fans? We would all have checkmarks if it meant free access. 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?