Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Titletown High is about Valdosta GA high school football. It’s great if you like this kind of thing.

Shits it’s from 2021 and everyone’s in a mask. Netflix put it in the recently added list.

Actually it’s more a teenage high school romance thing. The first EP fooled me.

Got around to finishing Narcos Mexico a couple of days ago.  That really finished strong.   Once Felix was out of the picture and the plazas started to war it got really interesting.   It kind of coincides to my knowledge of what was happening during that time even with the embellishments.   I was kind of surprised how they tried to turn Amado into a sympathetic character.

I have the last episode of Unbelievable to finish up.   For those who have not seen it...   Two story lines about rape as a crime.   The one with Toni Collette as one of the detectives trying to solve a case in Colorado is solid.   The survivor story about the girl in Washington is a little dramatic.   Overall, so far, a good 8 episode watch.

• Like 1

Mahomes is amazing. I like watching him play. He’s tough as shit. His brother is an annoying shit and I hope he goes to prison for decades. His wife is an annoying shitbag as well.

My family and his Mom’s family have grown up together through several generations out in Troup. I grew up around her but was never close. Facebook friends etc.

CSB - but the point I want to make, if you saw the environment he came from you would have even more respect for the guy. Absolutely amazing he’s not a total shitbag.

20 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Mahomes is amazing. I like watching him play. He’s tough as shit. His brother is an annoying shit and I hope he goes to prison for decades. His wife is an annoying shitbag as well.

Those are the people he chooses to surround himself with.  He's also a shitbag.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 7/30/2023 at 2:49 PM, MissingInAction said:

Beef is outstanding.  1 episode left.

Having issues with suspending disbelief for it. I like it, but some of the story is just too out there for me to think it's amazing.

1 hour ago, Tylerocks said:

I don't get the Mahomes hate.

His voice is grating, but kind of hilarious.

His wife is awful and annoying AF and I've only heard about his brother...glad he didn't get much air time during this doc..

I assume his brother was edited out as much as possible after his charges. He’s just annoying to me and he and Kelce acting like nobody has ever given them respect last year was dumb as shit. 

14 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Mahomes is the perfect QB for NFL trash fans. I'm talking the jersey jort crowd of cunts that spend their rent money on tickets.

I personally enjoy watching the greatest talent ever to play football and dont give a single fuck about his annoying wife or asshole brother. Weird, i know.

Cutting and pasting my post from the NFL thread:

I’ve only seen the first 4 episodes of Quarterback, but here’s my assessment so far:

1) Kirk Cousins is incredibly likable. Grounded, hardworking, realistic. I like his wife a lot, too. No drama, good looking, supportive. 
2) Mahomes’ wife seems like the worst of the TTU bubblehead blondes. Her voice and presence are like nails on a chalkboard. Mahomes’ voice is cringeworthy when you hear it in extended conversations and segments. 
3) Mariota seems very blah and fragile. His relationship with his cook gives off a vibe like Mantai Teo and his imaginary girlfriend that turned out to be a trans Hawaiian

22 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Got around to finishing Narcos Mexico a couple of days ago.  That really finished strong.   Once Felix was out of the picture and the plazas started to war it got really interesting.   It kind of coincides to my knowledge of what was happening during that time even with the embellishments.   I was kind of surprised how they tried to turn Amado into a sympathetic character.

I have the last episode of Unbelievable to finish up.   For those who have not seen it...   Two story lines about rape as a crime.   The one with Toni Collette as one of the detectives trying to solve a case in Colorado is solid.   The survivor story about the girl in Washington is a little dramatic.   Overall, so far, a good 8 episode watch.

Quoting myself because I finished Unbelievable and I was wrong about something.    The Wahsington girl story ended up being integral to the story and there was a decent end to that arc.   At 8 episodes it was long enough to give some character depth without being too sappy.   Definitely worth a watch if you like crime procedural/drama.   Toni Collette and Merit Wever are great as the lead detectives.  

Quick google shows he has a record of we'll...not being a good human.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/jackson-mahomes-patrick-brother-arrested-johnson-county-kansas-city/43781145

He is a piece of shit. An entitled spoiled piece of shit. I hope he is sent to prison even if he’s acquitted. Patrick should make him an assistant manager at one of his kc whataburgers. He can’t fuck up a patty melt any more than they already have.

https://nypost.com/article/jackson-mahomes-complete-list-of-cringeworthy-controversies/amp/
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Macanudo said:

How does my post spoil it?

You talked about the endings of two different shows. Again. I would assume that people in this thread looking for recs wouldn't want to hear about the endings of them, but who knows. I am definitely overly sensitive to that.

On 8/4/2023 at 8:04 AM, nnm said:

Cutting and pasting my post from the NFL thread:

I’ve only seen the first 4 episodes of Quarterback, but here’s my assessment so far:

1) Kirk Cousins is incredibly likable. Grounded, hardworking, realistic. I like his wife a lot, too. No drama, good looking, supportive. 
2) Mahomes’ wife seems like the worst of the TTU bubblehead blondes. Her voice and presence are like nails on a chalkboard. Mahomes’ voice is cringeworthy when you hear it in extended conversations and segments. 
3) Mariota seems very blah and fragile. His relationship with his cook gives off a vibe like Mantai Teo and his imaginary girlfriend that turned out to be a trans Hawaiian

Was coming to here to post something similar.  Both the wife and I really like this show and she knows very little about football.  How can you not like Kirk Cousins?

Mahomes is cocky but he backs it up.  Wife has East Texas Square Face.

Was not impressed with Mariotta.  He just bailed on the team after being benched when they were out of contention?  That's what teams do, dude.  It's the business.  

Looch co-stars in this bullshit. Of course. 

He even admits that Johnny Football helped make Texags.

Nate was the only slightly redeeming character in the whole show because he admitted what everyone else knew all along. And possibly the agent. And maybe his sister.

But Bowtie still looks as punchable as ever.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Painkiller is good.  Very frustrating, but good.  Sacklers should all be in prison.

Yea I finished it in 2 days. That whole icy thing is fucking nuts how it was allowed and no one really seemed to give a fuck. It also led me down a YouTube rabbit hole of WV oxy towns, so damn sad. Rudy Giuliani is a huge pos 

Edited by Zepol87

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Yea I finished it in 2 days. That whole icy thing is fucking nuts how it allowed and no one really seemed to give a fuck. It also led me down a YouTube rabbit hole of WV oxy towns, so damn sad. Rudy Giuliani is a huge pos 

Silver lining:  2 days ago SCOTUS said fuck no to their $6 billion bankruptcy deal.  Would have given them immunity from any more prosecution.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just finished and I wouldn't say he's UNLIKEABLE, but he's definitely a fucking weirdo.

What is so weird about him? Or unlikeable? I started this not liking his big game play as a qb. After watching this he and his wife seem very centered and likeable, who have avoided a lot of the trappings and attitudes of money and celebrity. As opposed to Mahomes, who I love as a QB but bristle at some of the things in the show, and I find his wife annoying as shit.
  • Like 1