2024 NCAA Tournament - First Round Games - Thurs/Fri

Pancho

26 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

I hate going to the SECRant site because I have to disinfect afterwards, but man - I cannot not go there to see what the hell Kentucky fans are having to eat tonight. 

Visiting SEC Rant is a good way to use up all of those old N95 masks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

If a guy pulls the Manu Ginobli headsnap and they review it and it is obviously acting they need to penalize with a flop call and give  FT.  They need to stop all that soccer/eurotrash bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

tech needs their cut guy to stop the bleeding or this game might be over...

NC state   59          tech  49      10:30 left

Knew this game was over the first time Washington got beat by that fat dude. He hasn't played in a month not sure what they thought he was gonna do

NC State lost 5 of 6 to end the regular season, then had to win 5 straight in the ACC tournament to even make the NCAA tournament, and now they have a path to the Sweet 16. 

College basketball for you. Sometimes getting hot at the right time is all that matters. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, LTtxfan said:

tech needs their cut guy to stop the bleeding or this game might be over...

NC state   59          tech  49      10:30 left

Another coach that derka claims is better than Terry getting run off the court, by a team that is only in the tournament because they ran off 5 wins in 5 days.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Another coach that derka claims is better than Terry getting run off the court, by a team that is only in the tournament because they ran off 5 wins in 5 days.

Well considering the team he's got it's pretty impressive we made the tourney at all tbh, certainly wasn't expected

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Well considering the team he's got it's pretty impressive we made the tourney at all tbh, certainly wasn't expected

He brought in almost everyone from the portal and had Isaacs already on campus. Lulz. He built the team he wanted.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, HtownHorn said:

He brought in almost everyone from the portal and had Isaacs already on campus. Lulz. He built the team he wanted.

Yeah and our offense was pretty lethal when Washington was healthy and we were running the offense through him. That was after we already lost a starter for the season. Then he got hurt, didn't play for a month, and now they're trying to shoehorn him into this game when he's clearly giving you barely 50%. Drives me nuts.

1 minute ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Is anyone else really annoyed by how the score ticker at the top of the screen seems to be in the way of many high arcing shots so far this tournament? 

I'm glad someone else pointed that out, shit is annoying

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Is anyone else really annoyed by how the score ticker at the top of the screen seems to be in the way of many high arcing shots so far this tournament? 

No

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I guess it's nerves/new environment but it really feels like teams that jack a lot of 3s are always prone to upsets in the first round. 

Tech currently 4/21 from 3. 

Honestly they're doing a way better job keeping up with our guards than most people expected and we're also giving them a gift by doing the Shaka Smart strategy of never driving to the basket.

3 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

It's a small price to pay to be able to know when the other games start play back up after a timeout and it's time to switch the channel.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Honestly they're doing a way better job keeping up with our guards than most people expected and we're also giving them a gift by doing the Shaka Smart strategy of never driving to the basket.

There has to be some type of data out there that compares 3 point percentage in the regular season versus the first round of the NCAA tournament for each team. I bet it's much lower, on average. in the 1st round. 

This is why I've come to fade teams like BYU that are so reliant on the 3. For whatever reason, college teams can't shoot early in the tournament. 

• Like 1

• Pancho unpinned this topic