Johnny (football?) Manziel

bigup2dahorns

12 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

JFF  was rocking this sweet jacket Sunday night at a LA nightclub. $2,500 retail

0401-johnny-manziel-jacket-tmz-4.jpg

Dude is gonna Rocko that jacket first thing in the morning. "Uh, I'd like to return this jacket, as you can see the price tag is still attached."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, F250 said:

Dude is gonna Rocko that jacket first thing in the morning. "Uh, I'd like to return this jacket, as you can see the price tag is still attached."

"Excuse me, I'd like to return this jacket."

"Certainly. May I ask why?"

"For spite."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Manziel was on the Dan Patrick show this morning.  Apparently he goes by "John" now - putting the Johnny phase of his life behind him, he said.  DP asked him straight up why he was kicked out of the CFL and Manziel spun some stupid ass response, completely dodging the question.  Still can't own his mistakes.

Nice story arc going on for Manziel. Spend your whole life preparing for a high paying high profile job that has only a few dozen available openings, behaving as if you were one of the top two or three guys, so good you don't even have to work at it... and it turns out you aren't even one of the top two or three hundred.

Would be interesting to see how TexAgs are spinning this whole thing.

Wait...wait... Naah, it wouldn't. It's pretty much over - isn't it? Who's got a sequel?

20 hours ago, BlueGreySky said:

Manziel was on the Dan Patrick show this morning.  Apparently he goes by "John" now - putting the Johnny phase of his life behind him, he said.  DP asked him straight up why he was kicked out of the CFL and Manziel spun some stupid ass response, completely dodging the question.  Still can't own his mistakes.

He's still running out the same "I've turned the page, putting my full attention towards the sport I love, learned from my mistakes, ready to work, yadda yadda yadda" horseshit that he's had memorized for 7 years.

21 hours ago, BlueGreySky said:

DP asked him straight up why he was kicked out of the CFL and Manziel spun some stupid ass response, completely dodging the question.  Still can't own his mistakes.

"Well, Dan, I'm not very good at football, my attitude sucks, and I have a tendency to get fucked up and embarrass myself and the team in public.  Honestly, I don't even like football anymore.  Everybody's bigger and faster now than they were at Southwestern Louisiana State and Lamar.  So I can run good against them.  Ya know?  If I'm honest, I'm just hoping for one more contract so I can do some blow with some strippers for a couple more years.  Then I'll go to rehab and try to get on Dancing with the Stars, and if that doesn't work, I'll coach high school ball and steal painkillers from the team doc like Ryan Leaf.  Where is he these days, anyway?  I would party with that dude, you know what I'm sayin?  White power.  Wait, shit.  Can you edit that last part out?"

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

He's still running out the same "I've turned the page, putting my full attention towards the sport I love, learned from my mistakes, ready to work, yadda yadda yadda" horseshit that he's had memorized for 7 years.

You only get to rehab (no pun intended) your image using that line one time, for a very short period of time. After that, it's confirmed as being as hollow as everyone suspects the first time they hear it. 

At his age, there are better and cheaper backup QB options and most of them don't come with his (figurative) rap sheet. There's no reason for him to ever get another shot at a meaningful QB job.

You only get to rehab (no pun intended) your image using that line one time, for a very short period of time. After that, it's confirmed as being as hollow as everyone suspects the first time they hear it. 
At his age, there are better and cheaper backup QB options and most of them don't come with his (figurative) rap sheet. There's no reason for him to ever get another shot at a meaningful QB job.

Username checks out...
  • Like 1