How Is That Chain Still Open?

Lol.  Cheap dates.

1 hour ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Yup - I remember once was staying with them for like a week until my new apartment was ready. I offered to buy dinner a couple of times. Once Dad wanted Waffle House, the other time he wanted me to get a sack of burgers from Braums.....

Yup - I remember once was staying with them for like a week until my new apartment was ready. I offered to buy dinner a couple of times. Once Dad wanted Waffle House, the other time he wanted me to get a sack of burgers from Braums.....

Braums is badass, and easily the best thing to come out of Oklahoma.

Used to love Braums. Went there all the time with my grandparents growing up for breakfast after church. And they would always get their ice cream they have in their tiny supermarket inside the store. Haven't ate there in over 3 years though. Someone told me their 1/3 lb burgers went to 1/4lb which is lame.

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I've never seen a White Castle besides in the Harold Kumar movie. And the frozen shit in the stores.

I don't know what the stats are now but for a long time White Castle was rated as the cleanest fast food restaurant year after year. I've never been in one that wasn't spotless. I haven't been through their drive-thru in years and it's been even longer since I've been inside their store. But concerns over their cleanliness would be the last thing to keep me away. 

Their fries are legit. I could devour a half dozen of their burgers after a night of drinking but I wouldn't feel very good the next day. Sliders are weird. It's like the burger patty is a condiment for the pickles and onions. Somehow it works. 

19 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Used to love Braums. Went there all the time with my grandparents growing up for breakfast after church. And they would always get their ice cream they have in their tiny supermarket inside the store. Haven't ate there in over 3 years though. Someone told me their 1/3 lb burgers went to 1/4lb which is lame.

Braum's is still pretty awesome. I was just expecting to take them to like an actual restaurant.

I still get Braum's breakfast most Saturdays that I work. So much better the McDonalds.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 12:05 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

Haven't read the whole thread... but did see Arby's mentioned in the OP.

Arby's is still fucking great.  I love Arby's.

Agree that White Castle is garbage.

I think Arby's gets a bad rap.  I love their basic roast beef sandwich.  I havent tried any of their new stuff, simply because there isn't one near me.  

10 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I think Arby's gets a bad rap.  I love their basic roast beef sandwich.  I havent tried any of their new stuff, simply because there isn't one near me.  

Yeah I just stick with the classics.  The basic roast beef and curly fries are fast food royalty in my book.  Not to mention Arby's Sauce, which stands alone as the greatest fast food condiment of all time.

• Like 3

White Castle is fine dining compared to Krystal. i went once...once...when i was fuck drunk living in Macon.

consider...

krystal-collage1.jpg

I certainly wouldn’t call it good but that Krystal at the west end of Bourbon Street has hit the spot a couple of times while walking back to the hotel.
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 10:07 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah I just stick with the classics.  The basic roast beef and curly fries are fast food royalty in my book.  Not to mention Arby's Sauce, which stands alone as the greatest fast food condiment of all time.

Same sans the curly fries, not a fan of them.  Have had a few of their sliders and like them too. 

I may have already posted this but, as for Krystal's.  It's like Taco Bell.  You get a crazing every once in awhile - usually when or after drinking - you buy a bunch of crap there, you eat it, then spend the next 12 hours wondering why you'd make such a horrible decision.  <How's that run-on for a writing teacher?

Arby's is kind of the same.  We eat there more than others due to my 11 year-old's food allergies.  (He can eat more thing there than most places.)  The food sounds and tastes good at first, but it always makes me feel like shit (or shitting) afterwords.

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

the gag inducing smell that permeates every subway should make any sane and self-respecting person turn on their heels and walk out the minute they walk in the door

Some people like it. I don’t understand some people. Easily the worst smelling chain

On 10/29/2018 at 10:39 PM, Lhorn said:

Their warm Italian is my favorite fast food sandwich. The turkey gyro is also surprisingly good, think they’re still 2/$6 right now. 

21 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

If there is a subway.. nearby there is also one of:

Jimmy Johns

DiBellas

Geno's Steak House

Jersey Mike's

Quiznos

Schlozskis

Pot Belly

Blimpee

Planet Sub

And many others.. Etc.. They are all so much better it's actually amusing. And in Austin there is Thunder Cloud. 

WTF anyone eats WTF that is served on the bread at Subway I can not understand, at all. 

In a city, this is true.

In the middle of BFE, where there is a single operating place in/near town, and it is a combo gas station/Subway, there are no other options.

I have eaten a "there's nothing else to eat within 75 miles" Subway.  It tastes EXACTLY like the surrender and defeat that you would expect.  Sadness is a Subway sandwich eaten in your car in the middle of nowhere, with 3 more hours of driving to go.

• Like 3

Your take is not unfair.

I usually try to plan ahead.  Even a styrofoam container of leftover BBQ from lunch in a more civilized location is strongly preferable.  And I can always get chips and a drink, from even the worst of gas stations.  But for REAL food....man, I believe that every gas station should have a deep fryer.  Can't go wrong with something from the rural gas station deep fryer.  The explosion of Subways, taking out that valuable deep fryer space, is one of the great declines of our society.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had Arby's for lunch while waiting for Apple to fix the wife's laptop, came close to trying their cajun fried turkey sandwich but just couldn't do it.   I felt like I was cheating on the wife and stuck with the classic(1/2lb.) version. 

Fuck anyone hating on the Castle, shit's glorious.  

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

In a city, this is true.

In the middle of BFE, where there is a single operating place in/near town, and it is a combo gas station/Subway, there are no other options.

I have eaten a "there's nothing else to eat within 75 miles" Subway.  It tastes EXACTLY like the surrender and defeat that you would expect.  Sadness is a Subway sandwich eaten in your car in the middle of nowhere, with 3 more hours of driving to go.

Pretty sure @Gardner Barnes said it's listening to other people fuck in a hotel or some such. 

8 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I had White Castle for the first time when I was a teenager. Never again. There’s a reason why they call their little burgers “sliders.” Slide in, slide out. 10 minutes after you eat a couple, you’ll have the wicked shits. 

Not The Castle’s fault you have the innards of a 4yo girl. 

• 2 weeks later...
I feel like Little Caesar's was better back in the day when you called in and actually ordered what you wanted along with Crazy Bread. Once they switched to the Hot-n-Ready model, it was all downhill. That doesn't mean I didn't regularly partake during my college years. We did find a roach cooked into the cheese once though. So there's that.
Was that at a Ft Worth Little Caesars?

Sonny's "BBQ" a chain here in Fl. Makes Dickeys seem good in comparison and Dickies fucking blows. (Tried Dickies while in Miami, was desperate for BBQ. horrible it was.) Tried Sonny's when we first got here, all the meat was mystery meat. Only thing edible was the crinkle fries which were outstanding. Haven't been back.

Brio, an "upscale" "Italian" chain. Worse than Olive Garden chef boyardee/hot pockets eyetalian "food" in a restaurant that looks like it was decorated by Caligula after he took tree fiddy tabs of brown acid.

Cheesecake Factory, horrible overpriced dreck.

California Pizza Kitchen, Overpriced Pizza Hut.

And fuck pollo tropicale. Fuck you for buying taco cabana and not opening any in Orlando.

• Like 1

We have a Brio down the street from my work. We used to take clients there all time, but about 10 years ago it changed. The quality and portion sized went way down. That was also around the time the had their IPO. Guessing cost savings had alot to do with it. Someone gave me a gift card there a couple of years ago so me and my wife went. For that prices, and considering it''s fucking pasta, I was pretty pissed when we left and we were both still hungry.

On 11/13/2018 at 4:05 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

We have a Brio down the street from my work. We used to take clients there all time, but about 10 years ago it changed. The quality and portion sized went way down. That was also around the time the had their IPO. Guessing cost savings had alot to do with it. Someone gave me a gift card there a couple of years ago so me and my wife went. For that prices, and considering it''s fucking pasta, I was pretty pissed when we left and we were both still hungry.

Yeah, Brio went from solidly above average to dogshit in, near as I can tell, about 48 hours.

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2018 at 12:12 PM, MrPhlegm said:
On 8/7/2018 at 11:08 AM, Okie State said:
I feel like Little Caesar's was better back in the day when you called in and actually ordered what you wanted along with Crazy Bread. Once they switched to the Hot-n-Ready model, it was all downhill. That doesn't mean I didn't regularly partake during my college years. We did find a roach cooked into the cheese once though. So there's that.

Was that at a Ft Worth Little Caesars?

Meh, they know who they are.  When we have kids over, etc. being able to walk in and grab 3-5 pre-cooked pizzas for $5 each isn't bad.  And it's always packed on the weekends.  

39 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Meh, they know who they are.  When we have kids over, etc. being able to walk in and grab 3-5 pre-cooked pizzas for $5 each isn't bad.  And it's always packed on the weekends.  

I kinda agree. we had like 5   8yo kids over once a couple of years ago and it was prefect. And I will still eat the hell out of the crazy bread