next week Clemson @ Aggy

NowThis

this is the most intriguing game of the early season IMO. Will mighty Clemson smash bludgeon the JimboTrain? What say you SurlyShag?  Clemson has some beasts on the DL, NFL first rounders. Did Jimbo check the future schedules when signing with them? He thought leaving FSU would relieve him of Clemson but here they are. 

1 minute ago, tantric superman said:

Fuck getting sucked into A&M misery.  We don't deserve it.

This.

One of the other reasons I want Herman gone: he has made it to where I can't listen to texags radio and enjoy their undeserved entitled smugness anymore. They'll be using this Maryland loss as laughing stock fodder forever now - and I can't blame them. There is no comeback, because they are right about how much Herman sucks. 

The signs at gameday next week about TAY YEW are gonna be a shitshow. 

5 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

The way this season has started, I wouldn’t be surprised if the was the game that Clemson fucks off to a scrub. They are usually good for one a year.

They call it Clemsoning.

And 2 days ago I couldn’t wait to watch Texas beat the crap out of Maryland as we start a new season, while looking forward to watching Clemson destroy aggy. 

Today, I am fully expecting aggy to win, and our long nightmare to get even worse. Whatever the case, we don’t get nice things and we are cursed as a fan base. 

I find I have a real stake in the Clemson game. An A&M victory would set them and Jimbo up even if the rest of the season they're mediocre. The Aggies only need a single game to hang their hat on for two or three years (see Bama "beatdown" 2012).

I hate to say it, but Texas needs for A&M to lose this game. I don't think that I've ever written those words before.

Of course, we won't need that if we go on to beat USC, OU and TCU to win the conference and finish in the top ten.

So, I hope Clemson kills A&M.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

If Clemson loses I’m deleting The internet from my life until next season 

May I recommend setting up camp in the anybody-got-a-joint low key greatness of the "All Encompassing Pac12 thread" where you can join angst free discussions devoid of x's and o's and slow clap for your arch enemies when they win in water polo.

picard-slow-clap.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sejjr said:

They call it Clemsoning.

And 2 days ago I couldn’t wait to watch Texas beat the crap out of Maryland as we start a new season, while looking forward to watching Clemson destroy aggy. 

Today, I am fully expecting aggy to win, and our long nightmare to get even worse. Whatever the case, we don’t get nice things and we are cursed as a fan base. 

I think you'll feel much better if you go jump off the 360 bridge.  It's not that far to the shore.

I watched some of the Clemson-Furman game, and I wasn't all that impressed with Clemson. I think they could lose if Dabo fucks around and plays Kelly Bryant too long. He isn't up to their standard, but Trevor Lawrence absolutely is. Also, Clemson's o-line isn't as good as you'd think based on the number of games they've won over the past five or so years. They struggle at run blocking. I think Clemson barely hangs on and wins like 27-23.

On 9/2/2018 at 1:54 PM, South Austin said:

deanjadclemsonkicker.jpg

I know you posted this with complete knowledge of what happened:  This guy's photo get's posted on TexAgs and they abused him for two or three weeks before their game.  Then he kicks the winning field goal.  Karma.

9/3/2005 vs. Texas A&M (5-6) W 25 24
Edited by Bullneck

Just now, Bullneck said:

I know you posted this with complete knowledge of what happened:  This guy's photo get's posted on TexAgs and they abused him for two or three weeks before their game.  Then he kicks the winning field goal.  Karma.

Still more manly than any yell leader, ever.

On 9/2/2018 at 10:35 AM, NowThis said:

this is the most intriguing game of the early season IMO. Will mighty Clemson smash bludgeon the JimboTrain? What say you SurlyShag?  Clemson has some beasts on the DL, NFL first rounders. Did Jimbo check the future schedules when signing with them? He thought leaving FSU would relieve him of Clemson but here they are. 

I think it may be closer than expected, but in the end Clemson has more firepower than A&M at this point, Tigers 49 - Aggies 31...

15 hours ago, rantanamo said:

trap game.  Jimbo knows them.  Unfamiliar stadium/part of the country.  Overconfident Clemson team.  Very little tape on what Jimbo is actually doing at A&M.  Wouldn't surprise me much. 

I wish people still understood what the definition of a "trap game" is. 

They call it Clemsoning.
This is where I am at now and it sucks. I hate college football when Texas continues to step all over its own dick.

31 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

42 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I wish people still understood what the definition of a "trap game" is. 

A trap game is a game played against an opponent generally deemed to be easy to defeat. As a result a person or team may not prepare as thoroughly as they would for a formidable opponent. Often this attitude and its attendant lack of preparation lead to a loss.

ok, explain what makes this NOT qualify for a trap game.  Clemson should fully expect to win this game going away, and as such are big favorites.  

I don't know where you copied and pasted that from, but a trap game is a tricky overlooked opponent *when you have a bigger game the next week*. 

We can make fun of A&M all we want, but going on the road to play a non conf game in front of 100K on prime time and college gameday is not a fucking trap game. 

A&M will have Clemson's full attention. 

Edited by TornACL

On 9/2/2018 at 12:54 PM, Sejjr said:

They call it Clemsoning.

I've been a Texas fan since Earl's Heisman campaign. In that time we've gotten a whole lot more nice things than aggy.

The dirt burglars are another story and I don't want to talk about it.