USC v. Texas Discussion - Let It Begin

Wally Pryor

From someone who hates them, but follows their program fairly closely, my take on SC:  The have really quality RB's, but the young OL hasn't figured out how to spring them.  QB JT Daniels is the real deal, but a true freshman.  He will make mistakes, and he will dazzle.  The receivers, Vaughns, Pittman and the latest St. Brown- Amon Ra- are NFL caliber.  Defensively their LB's, Cam Smith and Porter Gustin are as good as it gets, but I think Gustin is injured.  Their DB's have lost a lot.  That's probably where they are weakest.  DL is solid but unspectacular.  

• Like 1

Hey HERMAN....

Quit saying "Winning is Really Hard" cause your Football Players believe you.  How about installing a great Offensive Game plan and showing confidence in your Players by calling an aggressive game instead of all this Cautious, Scared Bullshit....

Hey ORLANDO...

Get your Defense's shit together and Sack USC's  MotherF'n QB this Saturday.  Demand leadership from your Upperclassmen, generate turnovers..... and shut the USC Offense down like Stanford did.....

• Like 5

Brian Kelly at Notre Dame used that same "winning is hard" line following his 24-16 squeaker win over Ball State on Saturday.  I cringed.  Herman is calling the cautious scared bullshit because he is scared that Sam will continue to make soul crushing turnovers.  It sucks, but Herman must not have a pair.  

Coach Clay Helton said Sunday night that Daniels had an MRI exam on the hand, which showed the injury was only a bruise.

Helton said Daniels’ hand was sore Sunday but the coach was optimistic about the quarterback’s availability for Texas.

Helton said USC will be without starting strong safety Isaiah Pola-Mao against Texas and possibly longer. Pola-Mao dislocated a shoulder in the first half against Stanford.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-football-20180909-story.html

Texas talk starts at 2:27

18 minutes ago, torre said:

Coach Clay Helton said Sunday night that Daniels had an MRI exam on the hand, which showed the injury was only a bruise.

Helton said Daniels’ hand was sore Sunday but the coach was optimistic about the quarterback’s availability for Texas.

Helton said USC will be without starting strong safety Isaiah Pola-Mao against Texas and possibly longer. Pola-Mao dislocated a shoulder in the first half against Stanford.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-football-20180909-story.html

Texas talk starts at 2:27

Clay Helton.  Former UH coach.  Hmmmmm.

(Edit:  He was very complimentary.  Lots of nice things to say).

Edited by Bullneck

Winning USC might be the turning point for Herman. He loses this one, he has no prayer of beating TCU, KSU or OU. If you can't beat a down USC, at home, you'll have no momentum for the meat of your schedule which includes a team that's beaten you 4 straight years by a difference of 120 points, a team you travel to that you've only beaten twice on the road since the Big 12 was formed, and your rival whom looks to possibly be a better version of than their previous year. This team loses on Saturday, I don't think they'll have the intestinal fortitude to win any of those 3 games after USC. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

USC kind of sucks.  If the Texas DL isn't dogshit and actually can get in Daniels' face once in a while, it's a W.

That being said, I as an ASU fan would consider it a personal favor if you would let USC win this one so Herm can gorilla fuck them later on and get full credit.

Edited by wablty

2 hours ago, ousux said:
7 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:
Are we getting Pac refs or Big 12?  If we get a Big 12 crew, we are so fucked.  

Pac12 refs fucked us last year, so..

So we now get Big 12 refs? Fuck we know how that’s worked out for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Winning USC might be the turning point for Herman.

He loses this one, he has no prayer of beating TCU, KSU or OU. If you can't beat a down USC, at home, you'll have no momentum for the meat of your schedule which includes a team that's beaten you 4 straight years by a difference of 120 points, a team you travel to that you've only beaten twice on the road since the Big 12 was formed, and your rival whom looks to possibly be a better version of than their previous year. This team loses on Saturday, I don't think they'll have the intestinal fortitude to win any of those 3 games after USC. 

3RrVfrkhzffq.gif

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, USCATX said:

+3.5, wow.  What’s the o/u, 27?

DKR was awfully quiet when Tulsa was storming back Saturday night and it’s hard to even picture you guys getting fired up for that product on the field.  

We may suck, but don’t count on the crowd being quiet Saturday night. It’ll be electric. 

I think we win this one in a squeaker, 1 or two points.  I think that our wonderful punting squad better get their act together or they may cost Texas this game.  Hopefully we go run heavy and use the QB option to run when needed.  No injuries please and most definitely no injuries to Sam. 

Texas 28 USC 27

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Hey HERMAN....

Quit saying "Winning is Really Hard" cause your Football Players believe you.  How about installing a great Offensive Game plan and showing confidence in your Players by calling an aggressive game instead of all this Cautious, Scared Bullshit....

Hey ORLANDO...

Get your Defense's shit together and Sack USC's  MotherF'n QB this Saturday.  Demand leadership from your Upperclassmen, generate turnovers..... and shut the USC Offense down like Stanford did.....

Also TOM....Quit talking about "The Illusion of Momentum" Bullshit.....

" If you get beat on a play, pick your ASS up and Win the next play.  And when you get MOMENTUM, put your foot on their throat and finish them."

(Dang sounds like Cobra Kai Sensei .....lol)

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Dbeasy said:

I’m stunned at the optimism on this thread given what has been produced on the field in the first two games.

I can only assume it's because we surprised everyone by playing with a pulse last year, and usc looks worse this year.

Could we do it again? Sure. I'm not convinced, though, based on the lack of "give a shit" we've shown against Maryland and Tulsa. 

USC is clearly not as good as last year, but they are not a bad team.  They are a slightly better than average team that lost on the road to the #10 team in the country. 

We have yet to play anyone of the caliber of Standford.  We got outplayed, out-coached and should have lost at home to a Tulsa team that went 2-10 last year and struggled to beat Central fucking Arkansas.  Given the level of play so far, I am astonished we are favorites.

Could we win? Yeah......And nutritionists may determine at French Fries are a healthy snack.