The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

14 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It can’t be them, because all their friends tell them it isn’t them. So it must be the others conspiring against them.

That makes me wonder when the first time RINO was used. There was a time when there was a range of opinion in the GOP. It wasn't lockstep. Oh sure they did a great job of joining together behind a candidate, but at some point there was a series of social tests that were to be passed. If you were deemed not sufficient in them your time was done. How many retirements and how many former members no longer attend meetings to share in the bounty of Tahoe's confections?

Now, I have to go look. In Search of The first RINO.

1990s Manchester Union Leader. Looking for the actual quote.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=s5lKAAAAIBAJ&dq=rino republican name-only&pg=6245%2C3837269

Ok right fucking here. Look at why they targeted the guy 

HE WAS FIR THE EBIL ICKY GAYZ

Color me shocked.

Screenshot_20230716-093448.png

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

I’ve been trying to figure out the Russian angle with the GOP. I’m pretty sure it is the Epstein playbook. The KGB gets compromising info/photos/video, they then present it to the person and say “we will make this go away, in fact we will support you with the cash flow”. They then have 2 things over the person, the original sin and the new sin of taking money from Putin.

Look at all the people who talk the loudest and are in step with Russia. They all has clear skeletons. It’s easy work for a good intelligence department.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

I’ve been trying to figure out the Russian angle with the GOP. I’m pretty sure it is the Epstein playbook. The KGB gets compromising info/photos/video, they then present it to the person and say “we will make this go away, in fact we will support you with the cash flow”. They then have 2 things over the person, the original sin and the new sin of taking money from Putin.

Look at all the people who talk the loudest and are in step with Russia. They all has clear skeletons. It’s easy work for a good intelligence department.

This.

I would think that our intelligence people already have some info on, say, Rand Paul that might have been gathered in ways they don't want to reveal.  So how to investigate without tipping their hand or seeming to be targeting a political enemy without probable cause.

Thankfully most of the peripheral things that happened over Trump's time in office are coming due, including:

• Fake electors
  • Directed IRS investigations of FBI officials

I'm not sure if we'll ever get answers for:

• Disappearing Covid supplies
  • Money for Mnuchin
  • Money for Jared

(Edit: Then again, I thought Garland was hard at work on Trump between 2020 and 2022 but it turns out he was sitting on his ass the whole time, afraid of his own shadow.  The one fucking thing he did right was pick Jack Smith as a special prosecutor.  They should put Smith's picture on the $10 bill and Stacey Abrams on the $20).

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

It was all that unlimited sweet sweet NRA and PAC money. Funneling Russia funds and then whoops, the NRA wasn't there like it was and they still needed that money somehow. So they take a roadshow to Moscow on July 4th to kiss the ring and ask for more from daddy Putin. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

20 hours ago, Red Five said:

Unless I just fundamentally misunderstand prayer (which is entirely possible) I'm pretty sure anyone can pray at any time. It requires nothing but your mind, thinking you're actually talking to someone. 

If I could be 15 again I'd use my school prayer time to don a brocaded robe, swing a censer around pumping incense smoke, and bellow out a prayer in Old Church Slavonic to protect us students from the teacher's worldly ways.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 2

46 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

If I could be 15 again I'd use my school prayer time to don a brocaded robe, swing a censer around pumping incense smoke, and bellow out a prayer in Old Church Slavonic to protect us students from the teacher's worldly ways.

And throw holy water droplets on everyone with a lint roller?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

It was all that unlimited sweet sweet NRA and PAC money. Funneling Russia funds and then whoops, the NRA wasn't there like it was and they still needed that money somehow. So they take a roadshow to Moscow on July 4th to kiss the ring and ask for more from daddy Putin. 

Those nra olds were getting unlimited russian poon and getting paid for hitting it

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

That makes me wonder when the first time RINO was used. There was a time when there was a range of opinion in the GOP. It wasn't lockstep. Oh sure they did a great job of joining together behind a candidate, but at some point there was a series of social tests that were to be passed. If you were deemed not sufficient in them your time was done. How many retirements and how many former members no longer attend meetings to share in the bounty of Tahoe's confections?

Now, I have to go look. In Search of The first RINO.

I can remember it being used against some Republicans who wouldn't support the war in Iraq.  Later on, I had already left the GOP, but can remember it was big during the Tea Party stuff (early 2010s) - I can remember it being used for Republicans who weren't conservative enough for the Tea Party, which was almost veering into libertarian territory.

With Trump it became Republicans who wouldn't support him, which is ironic, because some of the more conservative Republican types (at least in a traditional view) who don't like Trump for having been a Democrat for so long, for being morally compromised, for signing off on big budgets, would be called RINOS.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

I wouldn't over think it.  People/politicians more prone to being for sale seem to gravitate to the GOP. Every time I hear a Republican bitching about libs don't love their country, are communists, fascists, etc., I wonder if his or her social media shows a lot for Putin and Russia, or at the very least a "why are we supporting Ukraine" mentality.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Again, this is going to be forgotten and will be the greatest undiscovered scam in American history.  It's the simplest and most obvious conspiracy and yet no one will ever pay. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just in case it wasn't clear. He wants to be king.

Mr. Trump and his associates have a broader goal: to alter the balance of power by increasing the president’s authority over every part of the federal government that now operates, by either law or tradition, with any measure of independence from political interference by the White House, according to a review of his campaign policy proposals and interviews with people close to him.

Mr. Trump intends to bring independent agencies — like the Federal Communications Commission, which makes and enforces rules for television and internet companies, and the Federal Trade Commission, which enforces various antitrust and other consumer protection rules against businesses — under direct presidential control.

ADVERTISEMENT

• Rage+1 3

53 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Just in case it wasn't clear. He wants to be king.

Mr. Trump and his associates have a broader goal: to alter the balance of power by increasing the president’s authority over every part of the federal government that now operates, by either law or tradition, with any measure of independence from political interference by the White House, according to a review of his campaign policy proposals and interviews with people close to him.

Mr. Trump intends to bring independent agencies — like the Federal Communications Commission, which makes and enforces rules for television and internet companies, and the Federal Trade Commission, which enforces various antitrust and other consumer protection rules against businesses — under direct presidential control.

ADVERTISEMENT

Yeah, this is a horrible preview and as usual the NYT plays straight man instead of calling it like it is: Trump and his allies are preparing for autocratic rule. As usual, Anne Applebaum has a good take:

Donald Trump, it hardly needs to be said, has the personality of a Bad King in a fairytale. The type that has widows’ cottages torn down because they spoil his view. Even the slimy remoras that circle him and trail in his sluggish wake recognize this. And it is revealing how much they hate democracy, how badly they want a king, that they’ll eagerly submit to a Bad King. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

On 7/14/2023 at 8:02 PM, RDCanecutter said:

Dair Lord I just wanna ask you as we sit hear holdin hands in holy brothership, Lord, me n tx 3 putt we just ask you to fill us with the Holy Spirit, Lord, and just let us deal with school and the mean mean things some people say Lord, and all the strange bodily changes we have rise up ever morning with nobody to explain to us, Lord, just give us fellow Chrustian Men who understand and guide and mentor us so we aren't ASHAMED of our nude young bodies no Lord they are BEAUTIFUL, and Dair Lord guide us as ye guided the Spartans to stand together unafraid of sharing all our feelings Lord, give a little hand-squeeze if you love the Lord, GIVE A LITTLE HAND-SQUEEZE!

HEY!!! THAT'S NOT MY HAND!!!!

• Drool 1

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

but of course ...

I always wondered what demon architect would work with Trump and design his super shitty buildings. Fitting the dude is a serial killer. The question is should I remind my clients of this fact when they slow-pay my invoices? 🤣

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yeah, this is a horrible preview and as usual the NYT plays straight man instead of calling it like it is: Trump and his allies are preparing for autocratic rule. As usual, Anne Applebaum has a good take:

Donald Trump, it hardly needs to be said, has the personality of a Bad King in a fairytale. The type that has widows’ cottages torn down because they spoil his view. Even the slimy remoras that circle him and trail in his sluggish wake recognize this. And it is revealing how much they hate democracy, how badly they want a king, that they’ll eagerly submit to a Bad King. 

Two points:

1. The article does include this passage, which I don't the authors would've included if they didn't want to make the point about Republican desires to have an autocratic ruler: Peter L. Strauss, professor emeritus of law at Columbia University and a critic of the strong version of the unitary executive theory, argued that it is constitutional and desirable for Congress, in creating and empowering an agency to perform some task, to also include some checks on the president’s control over officials “because we don’t want autocracy” and to prevent abuses.
  2. To your point about some of them wanting a king though, @Macklemore (fka Iconoclast) has explicitly bemoaned America's lack of a royal family.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Party of Small Government.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Why won’t Biden use these means to allow himself the authority to do stuff like eliminate student loan debt?

and have the magats screaming about gvt overreach?

It's a bit more complex than that.  The deal is this:  Congress created all of these agencies to handle things they are not competent to handle and put them in the executive branch (so that the executive appoints most of the bigwigs).  But for some of them, called "independent agencies," the head cannot be removed by the President except for cause and that differs from the cabinet agencies (State, Treasury, Defense, etc.).

The gist of this is twofold:  first, weaken the agencies' power by removing judicial deference to their statutory interpretations (this is that Chevron deference thing), which makes Congress oversee them more and makes it easier to restrain the agency by lawsuit; and second, make it where the President can appoint and remove any agency head for any reason.  The second bringing the agencies more under control of the executive.

It's not really about ruling by executive fiat.  It's dangerous, but it's not that.

The latter part, especially, has been bandied about by Presidents for probably a century, going back to FDR.  It's definitely a shift in the separation/balance of powers, but then so are independent executive agencies.  It's probably a bad idea, generally, but especially so with Trump at the helm, given his propensity to surround himself with the "best people."

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

“Beginning.”
Chuckle.

“Threatening to cause them significant problems”

it’s only a problem insomuch as it might affect their ability to get re-elected, competing against lunatic primary challenges and then motivated democrats in some generals that could be close. Can’t gerrymander senate districts. 

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That dude's daughter married into the Duggar family.  Her husband is shitheel Josh Duggar who is currently in prison for child portn.  Good news, they only have 7 kids ready to spread the gospel.

Obligatory It's a vagina, not a clown car. 

• Hook 'Em 1