The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Committee Democrat, "So Mr. Patel never directly met with you?"

Mr. O'Boyle, "No, Congressman."

Committee Democrat, "Did he ever text you regarding payment?  If so, what did he say?"

Mr. O'Boyle, "Kash me outside.  How 'bout 'dat?"  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Committee Democrat, "So Mr. Patel never directly met with you?"

Mr. O'Boyle, "No, Congressman."

Committee Democrat, "Did he ever text you regarding payment?  If so, what did he say?"

Mr. O'Boyle, "Kash me outside.  How 'bout 'dat?"  

Boo this man. Also, well done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just ended up at a hotel bar in California next to a guy from Temple who went to tons of good rock shows at the Austin Music Hall back in the day and then ended up being a Covid denier and a flat-earther. So that was fun. 

He gave up the game really quickly though, when he admitted his dad died of “pneumonia” due to Covid and he thinks the hospitals were just being paid to say it was Covid. 

There are a lot of broken people. He seemed like an ok guy. I had a couple drinks with him at the bar watching hockey and he was fine until his demons revealed themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just ended up at a hotel bar in California next to a guy from Temple who went to tons of good rock shows at the Austin Music Hall back in the day and then ended up being a Covid denier and a flat-earther. So that was fun. 

He gave up the game really quickly though, when he admitted his dad died of “pneumonia” due to Covid and he thinks the hospitals were just being paid to say it was Covid. 

There are a lot of broken people. He seemed like an ok guy. I had a couple drinks with him at the bar watching hockey and he was fine until his demons revealed themselves. 

I've had that exact same experience in Port A, San Clemente, and Pittsburgh. I Highly recommend agreeing with them fully so you reach max altitude as soon as possible and know what you're dealing with. Buy em a few rounds and have some laughs, then ease out before it gets ugly.

It's like Evangelism.  They have to tell you about their beliefs on covid, the election, drag shows.  The attempt to convince you is part of it for them.  At the very least, even if you shrug it off, it reinforces it for them.  I miss the days where you could quietly eat/drink while traveling on business and just talk sports or shop or where to score good drugs.  But now it's like that scene from "Coming to America" where you're talking to a normal looking person in a bar.  And all of a sudden it's "I've got a secret.  I worship the Devil!" 

• Haha 1

NBC News: D.C. police lieutenant indicted on charge of tipping off Proud Boy Enrique Tarrio about arrest

WASHINGTON — A Metropolitan Police Department lieutenant who supervised the intelligence branch of the Washington, D.C., police was indicted this week, charged with tipping off former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio about a pending warrant for his arrest just ahead of the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Tarrio, the former chair of the Proud Boys, was recently found guilty of seditious conspiracy in connection with the Capitol attack, along with other members of the far-right group. Tarrio was not in Washington on Jan. 6 after his arrest in connection with the burning of a Black Lives Matter banner, as he was banned from the city by a judge the day before the attack.

Shane Lamond, 47, was indicted on one count of obstruction of justice and three counts of making false statements, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia said Friday. A federal grand jury charged Lamond with obstructing the investigation into the burning of the banner Dec. 12, 2020, when the Proud Boys were roaming the streets of Washington for a pro-Trump event.

Between July 2019 and January 2021, Tarrio and Lamond communicated "at least 500 times using cloud-based messaging services, including Google Voice, Apple iMessages, and Telegram, an encrypted messaging application," the indictment said. They sent approximately 145 messages using a secret chat function on Telegram that causes messages to disappear, the indictment charged, adding “at least 101 of these messages were destroyed.”

Some of those that work forces...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 5

14 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

It’s Temple, Biff.  You coulda been stuck with some mass murderer from Killeen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That awkward moment when your 1/6 ass has to ask your truck rental consultant, “does the optional insurance cover white nationalist Terrorist attacks on the executive branch, or just the legislative branch?”

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

8 hours ago, YGIFS said:

That awkward moment when your 1/6 ass has to ask your truck rental consultant, “does the optional insurance cover white nationalist Terrorist attacks on the executive branch, or just the legislative branch?”

4 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Nazis and confederates just can't stop taking L's. Not unlike their forefathers. 

What’s with this epidemic of non-white, White Supremacists™️? If you people really believe this guy had a Nazi flag in his truck.

• Fuck You 9

Csb:

In my early years I was immersed in the ska/punk scene and part of the S. H. A. R. P. (skin heads against racial prejudice) group. For whatever reason, neo-nazis loved to show up and try to start shit and always, always, there was at least one non white guy in the group. Blew my mind then and still does now. Not saying that that has any bearing on the above, but non-whites do identify with whatever movement the white supremacy/neo-nazis are trying to push. 

55 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

In my early years I was immersed in the ska/punk scene and part of the S. H. A. R. P. (skin heads against racial prejudice) group.  For whatever reason, neo-nazis loved to show up and try to start shit and always, always, there was at least one non white guy in the group. 

Wild. I used to hang with SHARPs in Dallas in the late 80s.  I was more aligned to the skate punk scene and I wasn't straight edge, but we shared a mutual interest in not getting jumped by the Confederate Hammerskins. I don't recall non-white CHS members, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had a handful of hispanic brothers.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

40 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

What’s with this epidemic of non-white, White Supremacists™️? If you people really believe this guy had a Nazi flag in his truck.

You think you're funny with this alt-right meme bullshit? Someone with brown skin can't be a fascist? Simultaneously making jokes about Pinochet's helicopter rides while dismissing any threats from non-white actors as leftist hysterics.

28 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Csb:

In my early years I was immersed in the ska/punk scene and part of the S. H. A. R. P. (skin heads against racial prejudice) group. For whatever reason, neo-nazis loved to show up and try to start shit and always, always, there was at least one non white guy in the group. Blew my mind then and still does now. Not saying that that has any bearing on the above, but non-whites do identify with whatever movement the white supremacy/neo-nazis are trying to push. 

This is true, and it has to do with alpha male syndrome bullshit. You see it with the MMA Rogan Bros, or Mexican Machismo, or Tarrio Proud Boys. It's actually a lot of the same reasons many whites join the cause. They feel powerless and overcorrect in the other direct. They work out a lot, drive big or loud cars, or motorcycles, join gangs, etc. They feel threatened by women especially, but also men that don't reinforce their own stereotypical identify of hunter gatherer man that dominates. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Nazis and confederates just can't stop taking L's. Not unlike their forefathers. 

Except that when Donitz ordered the cessation of German military actions in May 1945, they complied and surrendered their weapons.  They did not take to guerrilla warfare, sabotage, and domestic terrorism.  They did not continue to dress up in uniforms and open carry guns.  Those that could flee, fled.  Those who could surrender to the British and Americans, did so.  The rest accepted their fate.  And the rebuilding of Germany began almost immediately.   

What did the Confederates do?  Lied to Blacks about slavery being over.  Continued violence.  And instead of rebuilding schools and churches, they took to making statues of their fallen brothers.  real productive.  A proud legacy of anger and ineptitude that continues to this very day.  

They should have been treated by the Union the same way the Soviets treated the Germans.  The country would have been better off without most Confederates.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

On 5/14/2023 at 3:25 PM, jimmyjazz said:

I've always marveled at the "do your research" crowd.  These morons have no idea how difficult true research is, and how much effort must be put into assessing error, bias, etc.  As an engineer, I rarely dive TOO far into actual "research" like a scientist such as a chemist or physicist might, or even a historian, etc., but I'm at least aware of how hard it can be to keep the data straight and subsequently draw appropriate conclusions.

The "do your research" crowd has literally co-opted the phrase, and to them it means "be fed a continuous stream of confirming theories in an echo chamber".

As @Beau Vine is fond of saying, "DEW YER RESEARCH, PEEPLE!"  (or something along those lines).

I'm sure that ProQuest usage is through the roof! Oh wait it isn't and "research" is just a YouTube video and a Facebook post.

7 hours ago, Mullet Free said:

I know it's hard to keep up with the latest American mass shooting and hate crimes, but it was just weeks ago we had a Hispanic guy who sported a swastika tat kill a bunch of other brown people in the very state most of this board lives in. What don't you believe about that story, shit for brains?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

This is true, and it has to do with alpha male syndrome bullshit. You see it with the MMA Rogan Bros, or Mexican Machismo, or Tarrio Proud Boys. It's actually a lot of the same reasons many whites join the cause. They feel powerless and overcorrect in the other direct. They work out a lot, drive big or loud cars, or motorcycles, join gangs, etc. They feel threatened by women especially, but also men that don't reinforce their own stereotypical identify of hunter gatherer man that dominates. 

It's strange, there seems to be a lot of child molesters obsessed with ending child molesting.  Odd.  

• Hook 'Em 1