The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

7 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Suggesting this country needs improvement in some areas is hateful to whitey. 

This is something I've read on surly/shaggy in the CRT threads that were all the rage a couple years ago before they realized hating trans folks had broader appeal

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

But, I was told radical republicans are for freedom? If they are for freedom, why are they against people being free to be who they are?

So once again, radical republicans are *checks notes* hypocrites, amirite?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Pancho said:

But, I was told radical republicans are for freedom? If they are for freedom, why are they against people being free to be who they are?

So once again, radical republicans are *checks notes* hypocrites, amirite?

What’s the deal with Target?

I recall 15-20 years ago target got on the bad side of the lgbtq community when it was reported that they donated to a pac that was anti-gay rights. Calls for boycott and such. 

They came out and said they donated because it was a pro-business pac and that they would cease (it was I think a very generic conservative pac so gave its money to both pro-business and traditional family values/anti-gay candidates) and reminded the community that they were one of the first corporations to allow domestic partners to be covered under corporate insurance plan. 

so now they are catching it from the other side for something?

Long read from a WY conservative lamenting how the christian nationals have taken over the state, even flipping the message of the bible for their own good. Her husband has even been a WY state politician so she's anything but a liberal.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/21/opinion/wyoming-republicans-christian-nationalism.html

nonpaywall: https://archive.is/kYMuQ

The result is bad church and bad law. “God, guns and Trump” is an omnipresent bumper sticker here, the new trinity.

a burly man wearing a “God bless America” T-shirt and a cross around his neck said something like, “He’s got my vote if he keeps those [epithet] out of office,” using a racial slur.

For most of these Americans, I don't see them pulling back from their new stance.  For them, they believe America is a christian country (spoiler, that is the opposite of what the founding fathers believed), and no one is going to stop them. I'm barely relieved that Biden won in 2020 because it would not have taken much for the results to have been the opposite. 

TLDR: Wyoming sounds like a living hell.

• Like 3

You know, Travis Tritt has had a couple of good songs, and he can surely sing, but he also seems mighty comfortable dressing up and prancing around like a Kansas City #edit.

NTTAWWT.  Except when you're a right wing asshole fighting against basic human rights.

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

"Trans activists have gotten everything they want. "

Also, "Bud Light briefly partnered with a trans person! Fucking wipe Budweiser off the face of the planet!!". Ok, so not everything. 

But really, what did "trans activists" get?  And, what did it cost ya, Matt? Hmm? Free Cadillacs?  Tax rebates? A cookie? 

You fucking hateful troglodyte.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

You know, Travis Tritt has had a couple of good songs, and he can surely sing, but he also seems mighty comfortable dressing up and prancing around like a Kansas City #edit.

NTTAWWT.  Except when you're a right wing asshole fighting against basic human rights.

he fucking sucks 

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Props to this woman;

I somehow knew exactly what that guy looked like before he swung the camera around. Those employees deserve a lot of credit for not dragging him out of the store by his stupid beard. I probably would have ended up going to jail with him.

• Hook 'Em 3

I literally can't stop laughing.  I keep thinking of rubes all over America trying to cash out their Trump bucks and being told they are completely worthless.  Ordinarily, I side with the little guy and I despise scams like this, but it's just such a perfect reflection of a big part of the electorate.  We are completely fucked.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

I had a thought and wish to express it. Likely not an originally thought (how many are?) but here it is:

the idea of fake news or alternate facts is not something that is new. It was invented by religion a long time ago, and has been practiced in the USA by Christians since the beginning and by Europeans far longer. 
Proof of a heliocentric solar system?  Fake news.  Earth is round?  Fake news. Earth is actually 4 billion years old?  Fake news. 
these god fearing conservatives have been peddling in the fake news game their entire lives- it was an easy transition to doing it in politics too. 

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I literally can't stop laughing.  I keep thinking of rubes all over America trying to cash out their Trump bucks and being told they are completely worthless.  Ordinarily, I side with the little guy and I despise scams like this, but it's just such a perfect reflection of a big part of the electorate.  We are completely fucked.

UFCU wasn’t real keen on my attempt to deposit bevo bucks either. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

The dumbest people alive ….

This is the good stuff right here. A+ effort. The only crime I see here is one of prostitution. Fucking Trumpers in the ass, while paying them in Trump bucks. These rubes are too fucking stupid to hold onto their money anyway. If it wasn't this scam, it would be another one. Money flows from stupid people to smart people, been that way since money first arrived on the scene. That being said, somebody should check in on @Frank Drebin, I fear financial ruin is on the horizon. 

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

This is the good stuff right here. A+ effort. The only crime I see here is one of prostitution. Fucking Trumpers in the ass, while paying them in Trump bucks. These rubes are too fucking stupid to hold onto their money anyway. If it wasn't this scam, it would be another one. Money flows from stupid people to smart people, been that way since money first arrived on the scene. That being said, somebody should check in on @Frank Drebin, I fear financial ruin is on the horizon. 

More on the moron:

Also, he's from Houston.

Repeated attempts to reach representatives for the companies by phone and email were unsuccessful. But Bank of America spokesman Bill Halldin said he’s heard reports from bank employees of customers coming in to exchange their Trump Bucks for actual cash, but the bank routinely turns them down.

“It’s hard to put a number on how many people have come in,” Halldin said when asked for more specifics about who these people are and where they are located.

BOA, as a matter of course, is continually on the lookout for fraudsters and circulates information in-house about possible scams, Halldin said.

That’s little comfort to Amann, who is 77 and lives in Houston. “There’s no way to cash out what I have,” he said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-bucks-promise-wealth-maga-loyalty-lose-thousands-rcna84965

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, bolverk said:

That’s little comfort to Amann, who is 77 and lives in Houston. “There’s no way to cash out what I have,” he said.

Further proof that this guy is dumber than a pile of Trump's shit. All he has to do is start telling his fellow rubes to stop listening to that goddamn liberal mainstream media. "MOAR FAKE NEWS! Trump bucks are stronger than ever, in fact they are skyrocketing in value just like Trump NFTs. Look I'll even sell you some of mine for 110% of face value....but only if you are a true PATRIOT."

But he's stupid, so he'll just cry about it. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Yesterday I was driving my daughter to a doctor's appointment and passed by some dude jogging down the street waving an American flag in one hand and about a 12 inch cross in the other hand. I tried to understand his thought process but it just didn't make any fucking sense. He was jogging up the steep part of Stone Oak.

Later that afternoon my son's girlfriend who works at Target was telling me about all of the knuckle heads that keep showing up asking about Satanists and pedophiles.

Will Ferrell Crazy Pills GIF

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

Kandiss Taylor, a GOP Chair in Georgia, is a literal flat earther who believes that globes are a conspiracy.

In an interview with David Weiss (AKA “Flat Earth Dave”) and Matt Long on her “Jesus, Guns, and Babies” podcast, Taylor and her guests discussed biblical “evidence” that the Earth is actually flat as a pancake. “The people that defend the globe don’t know anything about the globe,” said Weiss. “If they knew a tenth of what Matt and I know about the globe they would be Flat Earthers.” 

“All the globes, everywhere” Taylor said later in the discussion. “I turn on the TV, there’s globes in the background … Everywhere there’s globes. You see them all the time, it’s constant. My children will be like ‘Mama, globe, globe, globe, globe’ — they’re everywhere."

“That’s what they do, to brainwash,” she added. “For me if it’s not a conspiracy. If it is real, why are you pushing so hard everywhere I go? Every store, you buy a globe, there’s globes everywhere. Every movie, every TV show, news media — why? More and more I’m like, it doesn’t make sense.” 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/kandiss-taylor-globes-anti-flat-earth-brainwashing-1234741082/

• Haha 2

I like that she refers to globes on TV, which are by physical definition, 2-dimensional. And thus, flat.  Irony and what-not.  At least the simulation is trying to be funny, so that's something.  No?  

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

the idea of fake news or alternate facts is not something that is new. It was invented by religion a long time ago, and has been practiced in the USA by Christians since the beginning and by Europeans far longer. 

We can actually put a date on this: 1910-1915. That's when a set of essays titled The Fundamentals were published (and from which we get the term, "Fundamentalist"). This is the point where certain sects of Christianity demanded that a number of things be held as true, regardless of any physical evidence to the contrary. Things like Creationism and Mary being a virgin are among these. It's obviously not the first time something like this happened in the history of the many Christian churches out there (Galileo and Copernicus say "hi!"), but for modern US politics, it's the most relevant .

It should go without saying that trying to point to the whole of Christianity and all of its history as being wholly this way is just ... uninformed at best. Christian churches marched alongside MLK Jr in the 1960s, and in Pride parades today. But this particular flavor has more or less become the dominant version today.

4 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

“All the globes, everywhere” Taylor said later in the discussion. “I turn on the TV, there’s globes in the background … Everywhere there’s globes. You see them all the time, it’s constant. My children will be like ‘Mama, globe, globe, globe, globe’ — they’re everywhere."

Oh there they go!  There they go!  Every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one!  Rocky Marciano!  Rocky Marciano!  Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Kandiss Taylor, a GOP Chair in Georgia, is a literal flat earther who believes that globes are a conspiracy.

In an interview with David Weiss (AKA “Flat Earth Dave”) and Matt Long on her “Jesus, Guns, and Babies” podcast, Taylor and her guests discussed biblical “evidence” that the Earth is actually flat as a pancake. “The people that defend the globe don’t know anything about the globe,” said Weiss. “If they knew a tenth of what Matt and I know about the globe they would be Flat Earthers.” 

“That’s what they do, to brainwash,” she added. “For me if it’s not a conspiracy. If it is real, why are you pushing so hard everywhere I go? Every store, you buy a globe, there’s globes everywhere. Every movie, every TV show, news media — why? More and more I’m like, it doesn’t make sense.” 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/kandiss-taylor-globes-anti-flat-earth-brainwashing-1234741082/

Like flaming globes, Sigmund! Like flaming globes!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh there they go!  There they go!  Every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ass. That's their one, that's their one!  Rocky Marciano!  Rocky Marciano!  Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit!

He beat Joe Louis's ass!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/27/2023 at 7:43 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Globes you say? Do these people  need a hospital.

st-elsewhere-finale-main.jpg

snow-globe-2-1.jpg?resize=700,400&ssl=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 2