The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

That was a weird way to phrase the part about the oath that Admiral Gilday claims he and Tuberville both took.  I'm sure he was talking about Tuberville's Oath of Office, but it came across as sounding like Tuberville had served in the military, and he never did.

Of course, this hasn't stopped Tommy from blocking over one hundred promotions, because asshole.

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Republicans have given up on democracy.  Because nothing is better for the future than excluding young, college-educated citizens from voting while allowing Jim Bob from Fritters, Alabama to vote. 

(Republican) Narrator: Sir, this is a Republic, not a Democracy.

• Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Republicans have given up on democracy.  Because nothing is better for the future than excluding young, college-educated citizens from voting while allowing Jim Bob from Fritters, Alabama to vote. 

Read this book. Republicans have not “given up” on democracy and majority rule. They’ve been actively undermining it for decades. 

The fascinating thing about Trumpism is it’s actually a democratic opposition movement that was so god damned dumb, it jumped in  on the side of its oppressors. 

Edited by BrickHorn

The Republican agenda is one bad idea after another. Republicans succeeded in getting Roe v. Wade overturned, and it cost them electorally. So, naturally, they turned to the also very unpopular ideas of loosening child labor laws, allowing for more guns, and banning books.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/04/republican-agenda-bad-idea-abortion-book-ban-child-labor-guns

^^^Maybe that nerdy lady was right about the whole basket of deplorables thing?

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/the-untold-story-of-the-insular-texas-family-that-invaded-the-u-s-capitol/

I missed this article when it came out. Fascinating look at a family that entered the capitol on Jan 6. unsurprising yet mildly horrifying and cult like. Insular, prolific breeders. Dad posts on social media all day and isn't employed. Stole 200k from his father's retirement and whiped him out, multiple bankruptcies, left thier rental in Wisconsin completely trashed and in arrears. Moved to Borger because Wisconsin started having unisex bathrooms etc. Post arrest raised money on Conservative Crowd Funding app, used that for personal expenses.

Horrible, stupid, grifting people that speak of "the country going to hell" while being completely devoid of morals, honor or societal value.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Peter Thiel, piece of human shit, decides he has grown wary of the culture wars he has financed, and will not back any GQP candidates this cycle.

lulz

His former associate J.D. Vance isn’t running this cycle. We’ll see if Thiel changes his stance in the future. 

So that mean Trump, not dead Biden, is sending support to Ukraine, is proposing a tax increase on the rich to help balance the budget, want to expand Medicare for all, is nominating liberal judges, and wants more gun control??  Do I have that right??   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

So that mean Trump, not dead Biden, is sending support to Ukraine, is proposing a tax increase on the rich to help balance the budget, want to expand Medicare for all, is nominating liberal judges, and wants more gun control??  Do I have that right??   

The interviewer hit on that by asking "so you're good with what's going on right now since it's Trump pulling the strings"?  Yada yada yada, some sort of illogical dodge, "I did my research", etc.