Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Ldogg53

• 3 weeks later...

I’m admittedly not as down on some of the recent seasons as some of you guys (even 13 had escape room, times up, drivers ed/bicycles) but I am cautiously optimistic about the new season. The guys have been doing a podcast where they (theoretically) watch and discuss each episode, and I feel like they are more in touch and in love with the essence of sunny than in recent years.

On 6/1/2023 at 6:21 PM, Celery Man said:

I’m admittedly not as down on some of the recent seasons as some of you guys (even 13 had escape room, times up, drivers ed/bicycles) but I am cautiously optimistic about the new season. The guys have been doing a podcast where they (theoretically) watch and discuss each episode, and I feel like they are more in touch and in love with the essence of sunny than in recent years.

I fucking love the Always Sunny podcast. The best ones are where they basically talk for almost an hour about something completely unrelated to the show they are supposed to be talking about. 

And the trailers for the new season has me cautiously hyped. Love that Liam is back!  And it looks like the McPoyles own (or at least work at) the bowling ally now, lol.  

“We have chili, we have cheese, we have fries, but combining them is STRICTLY PROHIBITED!!!!” :D

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m way behind in the podcast but I enjoyed it and will turn back to it soon. I also enjoy the parts that go different directions but I’d prefer they talk more to the episodes sometimes. I liked the one where they got hammered.

9 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Y’all are slipping. Excellent premiere. Got back to the meat and potatoes of Always Sunny. I laughed quite a bit.

The second episode just didn’t work.

Agree with both 

4 hours ago, Deej said:

Mac looks like he had a bunch of botox injections in his forehead. 

Yeah that was jarring in the first few min of episode 1. Mac and Dee both had a shit ton of work done on their face recently and it’s off putting. Real Mac would never. 

Edited by Etexhorn13
  • Hook 'Em 2

Holy shit, I loved both episodes, the first a little more. The extra room is one of those things that after 15 years is so random and hilarious, they still think up great stuff. Of course they look older, they’re mid 40s, Dee had some work done sure, still hot af to me. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Holy shit, I loved both episodes, the first a little more. The extra room is one of those things that after 15 years is so random and hilarious, they still think up great stuff. Of course they look older, they’re mid 40s, Dee had some work done sure, still hot af to me. 

Yeah I mean I sure wouldn't want 4K HD cameras pointing at my upper-40s face today if there was literally thousands of hours of me in my early 30s to compare with, lol.

Dee thankfully didn't go the Meg Ryan Route. But it did take, Jesus, 5+ years, for the swelling to go down.

I'm pretty split on Kaitlin Olson. No I'm not kicking her out of bed for eating crackers, but she's not classically Hollywood pretty. Dee as ostrich is one of the show's funnier gags. 

Mac getting botox was always going to happen for a big fitness guy. 

Yeah I enjoyed the first two... especially episode 2.  Haven't watched 3 yet.

As for Mac's/Rob's appearance, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the "nut allergy" joke was about as his face got more and more swelled through the episode. In fact, I'll have to go back and re-watch, but I think there was actually a line like, "I don't even recognize him any more..."

Those guys are all extremely self-aware and it's one of the things I love best about the show.

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah I enjoyed the first two... especially episode 2.  Haven't watched 3 yet.

As for Mac's/Rob's appearance, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the "nut allergy" joke was about as his face got more and more swelled through the episode. In fact, I'll have to go back and re-watch, but I think there was actually a line like, "I don't even recognize him any more..."

Those guys are all extremely self-aware and it's one of the things I love best about the show.

Yeah Dee’s face in episode 3 was probably a joke about her plastic surgery. 

3 was pretty meh except for Cricket. 

7 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

I've been wanting a Bar Rescue episode forever, I feel they missed an opportunity with this one.

Yup, Bar Rescue is a fantastic premise for an episode, and they didn’t execute. It should’ve been the central focus — not the dumb curse bits. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

f6c.jpg

Sunny and Archer had great runs, but they are a shell of their former selves.  The League picked the right time to shut it down.

Uh, what? It went on for 7 seasons. The last 3 were brutally unfunny unless Rafi or Taco bailed them out. It's remarkable the show was as funny as it was with Nick Kroll as one of the leads. 

If It's Always Sunny is going to continue to mail it in to break the longest sitcom record, please continue with cameos of beloved characters. Crickets is a good start. I believe the McPoyles are coming back. Jackie Deardo is also welcome to come back any time she feels like it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Uh, what? It went on for 7 seasons. The last 3 were brutally unfunny unless Rafi or Taco bailed them out. It's remarkable the show was as funny as it was with Nick Kroll as one of the leads. 

If It's Always Sunny is going to continue to mail it in to break the longest sitcom record, please continue with cameos of beloved characters. Crickets is a good start. I believe the McPoyles are coming back. Jackie Deardo is also welcome to come back any time she feels like it. 

CSB.  I went to high school with Cricket. [/CSB]

• Hook 'Em 4

I think the reason I have a much harder time watching this show is that it now feels like the characters know they're on TV. Everything just seems like a performance rather than the earlier seasons when things were chaotic and it felt like you were watching like an eye in the sky. This year's premiere was fun but the other episodes have been pretty bad. I don't see how this show goes on for 3 more seasons at its current rate. 

I liked the first two episodes quite a bit.  Kinda half-assed watched the third and didn't get a great assessment.

The whole bit about treating Frank like a dog that's going to get put down was classic Sunny to me.  When he comes to that conclusion on the beach, I was absolutely in tears.

On 6/20/2023 at 12:48 PM, HRSchenker said:

I think the reason I have a much harder time watching this show is that it now feels like the characters know they're on TV. Everything just seems like a performance rather than the earlier seasons when things were chaotic and it felt like you were watching like an eye in the sky. This year's premiere was fun but the other episodes have been pretty bad. I don't see how this show goes on for 3 more seasons at its current rate. 

I kinda feel like this is just because they are all lit up these days like a proper sitcom. Brighter than an orgasm.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I kinda feel like this is just because they are all lit up these days like a proper sitcom. Brighter than an orgasm.

I'VE HAD ORGASMS I'VE HAD TONS OF ORGASMS I'VE HAD ONE WITH YOUR MOM DUDE I WILL STRANGLE YOU I'LL STICK MY GODDAMN THUMB THROUGH YOUR EYE

strangle.png

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/21/2023 at 10:12 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Dennis gets a little GD weird in this episode, but it tracks. 

I mean... he's just a man who needs his tools.... for... fetish shit.  He also really enjoys the skins because the skins are the most interesting part of any animal.

What's the big deal?