6-1

Xcalibur

2 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

I'll take 6-1 without complaint. I'm not concerned about the playoff. We're not that good yet, so we'd likely just be a first round loser. Might as well play in a bowl we could win.  

I just want to see steady progress that can be sold to recruits. 

What kind of thought process is this? I don't give a shit if we lose in the playoffs. You definitely want to go there, not some glorified scrimmage bowl game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

What kind of thought process is this? I don't give a shit if we lose in the playoffs. You definitely want to go there, not some glorified scrimmage bowl game.

Just not concerned about the playoffs this year. They'd be tough to make with that Maryland loss and our other close calls, and I don't think we're likely to wind up one of the four best teams in the country in any event. So I'm not going to use making the playoffs as a metric for judging this season. After the last five years, I'd be delighted to finish with double digit wins, including winning a good bowl that's not hosting the playoffs (as opposed to the f**king Texas Bowl), and finish strong in recruiting.  

10 hours ago, gmr548 said:

They also got smoked by Michigan, and more importantly/worse, Temple. That Maryland loss is a huge albatross on the season, no way around it. That said, if that was the sacrifice the football Gods demands to end the purple curses, beat OU, and not blow it against Baylor, I'll take it.

If Maryland is bowl eligible, or better, than that won’t be an “albatross of a loss”. If they Tank and finish with just the same 4 or 5 wins it will be. 

Yoire acting like it’s a loss to Kansas. 

10 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

I think LSU jumps us, and maybe the winner of Mich/Wisc. UCF not this week but could with a blowout sometime soon if we look meh. And I’m not sure UGA falls below us.

Yeah probably. If the rankings held It would be Bama, OSU, Clemson, ND, Texas. But I feel even with the double digit loss, GA doesn’t fall below Texas. And LSU will probably kill them too. 

In the end it doesn’t matter. Just win out and hope OU does the same. Beating a 1 loss OU on a neutral field again will do nothing but help in the eyes of the committee. 

8 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

Just not concerned about the playoffs this year. They'd be tough to make with that Maryland loss and our other close calls, and I don't think we're likely to wind up one of the four best teams in the country in any event. So I'm not going to use making the playoffs as a metric for judging this season. After the last five years, I'd be delighted to finish with double digit wins, including winning a good bowl that's not hosting the playoffs (as opposed to the f**king Texas Bowl), and finish strong in recruiting.  

Yea, I’m trying to understand where you’re coming from but can’t.

If the goal is to win titles, let’s see how far away we are from doing that by playing in the playoff, not abstaining from the measuring stick.

1 hour ago, Texas007 said:

6-1 is great, but it's about fucking time Texas wins a conference title. That's my expectation at this point.

We’ve had a handful of winning seasons the last 5 years, and winning the conference is your expectation? If we win 9+ games I’d be over the moon. A CCG is gravy at this stage.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No offense, man, but fuck you. I fucking detest seeing ignorance about OU on these boards. Texas fans who show up and idiotically talk about the need for OU to win are some of the most uninformed motherfuckers in sports. We don’t need OU to do shit. They can happily fucking suck forever. If we win our games, the rest is irrelevant including OU’s performance. Thanks. 

Outside of that, I’m happy to be 6-1. Anyone looking to complain is probably 20 years old or younger. 

Depends on the goal. If we want a shot at the playoffs, beating a 1-loss ou at the end of the year helps that out. They’ve become a media darling. But, we’re not sniffing the playoffs this year. We’d get embarrassed.

Edited by Spankytoes
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No offense, man, but fuck you. I fucking detest seeing ignorance about OU on these boards. Texas fans who show up and idiotically talk about the need for OU to win are some of the most uninformed motherfuckers in sports. We don’t need OU to do shit. They can happily fucking suck forever. If we win our games, the rest is irrelevant including OU’s performance. Thanks. 

Yeah, how many times have we allowed OU to back into a championship? Fuck them. Them making the championship against us is a bad thing. It gives them more credibility, and if we lost, they would have yet another championship. FUCK that. They need to lose every game from here to eternity, and hopefully a tornado hits rheir campus and they disband as an institution.

Meanwhile, I hope they catch some new strain of airborne AIDS today and drop like flies as the season progresses.

• Like 1

No, fuck OU.  I hope they lose every game.

This isn’t like an aggy cheering for success. My only goals would be for Texas. Beating a 1 loss OU on the Big 12 title game is great for Texas. I don’t care what’s good for the big 12 and definitely not OU. Texas loses again and I don’t give a shit if every Big 12 teams rotated wins/losses and OU loses out.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Drew said:

This isn’t like an aggy cheering for success. My only goals would be for Texas. Beating a 1 loss OU on the Big 12 title game is great for Texas. I don’t care what’s good for the big 12 and definitely not OU. Texas loses again and I don’t give a shit if every Big 12 teams rotated wins/losses and OU loses out.

Things never play out like you imagine.  OU winning out never helps us.  It's only led to them backing into championship games instead of us.   I mean, rooting makes no difference, so root for whoever you want, but it's always better for Texas if OU is out of the picture at the end of the season.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Things never play out like you imagine.  OU winning out never helps us.  It's only led to them backing into championship games instead of us.   I mean, rooting makes no difference, so root for whoever you want, but it's always better for Texas if OU is out of the picture at the end of the season.  

This right here.  Bottom line is, fuck ou forever.

• Like 2

I remember in 2008 when we wanted blOU to keep winning after 45-35. How'd that work out?

Fuck 'em. I don't want to play them again. We shouldn't have to play them again. I hope WVU smokes blOU and we play them again instead, assuming the slim chance we wind up in the Big 12 title game.

• Like 4

I think the B12 is best when Texas and OU are both good. OU has been winning the conference a lot because Texas has sucked and it's gotten them nowhere. At least when Texas is good, they're REALLY good, and capable of winning it all.

Regardless, teams like Baylor, West Virginia, Okie State, etc should never win the B12. That's absolute garbage. It should be Texas and OU every year. Best of the best.

12 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

We’ve had a handful of winning seasons the last 5 years, and winning the conference is your expectation? If we win 9+ games I’d be over the moon. A CCG is gravy at this stage.

I didn't expect it after Maryland, but success leads to an increase in expectations. There is not a single game left on the schedule in which victory is an unreasonable expectation. 

16 minutes ago, Texas007 said:

There is not a single game left on the schedule in which victory is an unreasonable expectation. 

With WVU’s loss yesterday, Texas will be favored in every remaining game of its regular season.  This is unfortunate only in that Herman’s teams historically perform remarkably well as underdogs.  Less so as favorites.

29 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I think the B12 is best when Texas and OU are both good. OU has been winning the conference a lot because Texas has sucked and it's gotten them nowhere. At least when Texas is good, they're REALLY good, and capable of winning it all.

I think the B12 is best when we win it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Do you guys not remember 2015 when OU lost to the worst Texas team in modern history but still made the CFP?

Fuck the Sooners.

Yes. Tired of those frauds getting the benefit of the doubt. Stoops won this conference like 10 times didn't he? And what did he do? Jack fucking shit with it. If you win your conference 10 times and you're a team like Oklahoma, you should win more than 1 championship. Mack won the conference twice and has the same number of championships.

Texas needs to be good again so they can put those frauds in their place. Repeatedly. Don't be scared of those fucks. They ain't shit.

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

Depends on the goal. If we want a shot at the playoffs, beating a 1-loss ou at the end of the year helps that out. They’ve become a media darling. But, we’re not sniffing the playoffs this year. We’d get embarrassed.

I disagree. It’s a subjective matter, so I understand anyone who doesn’t feel like Texas would do okay in the CFP, but I watch 25 games a weekend, most of them sober, and this Texas team would be competitive with anyone.

We just beat an okay bowl team with an unprepared, cold backup. We’ve run a gauntlet and came out undefeated (the Maryland/Tulsa pairing was not on anyone’s radar as part of the scary USC-OU run, neither was Baylor). Not many schools can match that. Notre Dame, basically. Michigan is in the midst of their own. Not many others besides that. 

The SEC is a flaming poo bag put on the doorstep of non-SEC fans, with Alabama ringing the door bell. 

The PAC 12 is a true eunuch. 

The B1G has two damned good viable contenders. I’d rather play Ohio State than Michigan. 

The ACC is trash. Clemson is a paper tiger. 

Winning in the Big 12 is as solid as doing anything in any other conference. 

Texas continues to get better and could hang with anyone. 

• Like 3

fuck OU.  they are still talking about OU's playoff chances and we aren't even in the discussion.  their season has jackshit to do with us making the playoff. those fuckers need a good decade of getting skullfucked.

we have the D to do it.  The O is still in question.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

Michigan is completely different on the road 

If they don't drop the game @ Sparty next week, they will find a way to embarrass themselves in Columbus at the end of the year. Harbaugh has perfected the art of losing to Ohio State.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

But still...fuck OU.  I hope they lose every game 

• Like 1

Maybe I’m alone here, but I can see this team losing 2 of the last 5, then the ccg, then the bowl game to finish 9-5.  Especially without Sam or with Sam limited.  Or 9-4 if they don’t make the ccg with 2 conference losses  

but I can also see the team winning out the regular season and even winning the conference.

its a strange feeling to be so uncertain about the team 7 games into the season.

and 9 wins would feel like a serious misssed opportunity.

I'll definitely take it. No need to worry about playoffs or winning ugly. Winning ugly is better than losing ugly.....Fuck anything with blowU and wanting to see them again in a CCG. I want those cockgobblers to lose every week. No need to get ahead of anything and looking to far forward.  I like the attitude of going 1-0 for the week. This is what this team needs to do. Get healthy and then beat OSU. Tough games ahead and need to stay focused.

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Woke up this morning and remembered we’re 6-1 boys!  It’s been 9-10 fucking years since we could say that.  I’m going to enjoy the fuck out of these next two weeks.  

Rolling into a bye, on a six game winning streak and much needed time to get healthy and rested feels pretty good 

16 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

4 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Yea, I’m trying to understand where you’re coming from but can’t.

If the goal is to win titles, let’s see how far away we are from doing that by playing in the playoff, not abstaining from the measuring stick.

playoffs.jpg

We have a bunch of flaws, but so do most teams this year.   We could lose a couple, but we could also win out.   We're not a juggernaut, but we're well positioned for the stretch run.   Our D is good, and we've got a solid and improving QB (assuming Sam gets healthy), a decent OL that has surprised at times, a budding star young RB, and some clutch receivers that move the chains.  Our guys are getting more experience and time to gel each week, and they are a decent fit for our head coach's system.  On top of that, we have a well-timed bye. 

While it's not 2005 or 2008/9, it's a great place to be in year 2 of a new coach after 8 years in the wilderness, and almost unbelievable after the way we looked against Maryland.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

We have a bunch of flaws, but so do most teams this year.   We could lose a couple, but we could also win out.   We're not a juggernaut, but we're well positioned for the stretch run.   Our D is good, and we've got a solid and improving QB (assuming Sam gets healthy), a decent OL that has surprised at times, a budding star young RB, and some clutch receivers that move the chains.  Our guys are getting more experience and time to gel each week, and they are a decent fit for our head coach's system.  On top of that, we have a well-timed bye. 

While it's not 2005 or 2008/9, it's a great place to be in year 2 of a new coach after 8 years in the wilderness, and almost unbelievable after the way we looked against Maryland.  

Agree with this. Another key, which is refreshing, is that we have had almost no major injuries. Foster’s concussion and Ehlinger’s shoulder sprain suck, but they’re not season ending. Roach going down is a big one, but he gets to redshirt and, frankly, we’re better without him being forced to play out of position. I hope he comes back next year and replaces Hagar or Omenihu.