Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

On 8/12/2023 at 12:33 PM, Sawbonz said:

Good for them (and all the people they help)! I don’t recall anyone grouping them in with pedophiles etc on this thread. If I see it I’ll be sure to speak up as well

The lack of critical thinking is astounding.  "Not all Christians are evil" does not equal "all good people are Christians".

For fuck's sake, people.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The lack of critical thinking is astounding.  "Not all Christians are evil" does not equal "all good people are Christians".

For fuck's sake, people.

If you got that from my reply I agree the lack of critical thinking is astounding

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Chuck Grassley was involved in discussions to replace Pence on 1/6 once Pence said he wouldn’t cooperate.

Source? I hadn’t heard that. I heard that Cheesbro’s plan was to have Grassley preside over the joint session after Pence agreed to go along and refuse to certify and then recuse himself.

https://www.politico.com/minutes/congress/06-1-2022/jan-6-strategy-memo/

She's from Alvin. Anyone know her?

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/national/capitol-riots/texas-woman-charged-with-threatening-to-kill-judge-overseeing-trump-case-democrat-congresswoman-sheila-jackson-lee-tanya-chutkan/65-34a5a7c1-d049-4919-836a-755150d10ea7#:~:text=Capitol Riots-,Texas woman charged with threatening to kill judge overseeing Trump,Lee (D-TX).

WASHINGTON — A Texas woman faces federal charges for allegedly threatening to kill the judge overseeing former President Donald Trump’s election fraud case and a Democratic member of Congress earlier this month.

In a criminal complaint filed Friday, federal investigators say Abigail Jo Shry, of Alvin, Texas, left a voicemail on Aug. 5 threatening to kill U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan and Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX).

According to the complaint, Shry admitted to Department of Homeland Security investigators she left the voicemail, which began, “Hey you stupid slave" followed by a racial epithet and then proceeded to threaten to kill anyone who went after Trump. That list included Chutkan, Lee, “all Democrats in Washington D.C. and all people in the LGBTQ community,” investigators wrote.

“You are in our sights, we want to kill you,” Shry allegedly said at one point, later adding, “If Trump doesn’t get elected in 2024, we are coming to kill you, so tread lightly, b****.”

On 8/13/2023 at 4:44 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Source? I hadn’t heard that. I heard that Cheesbro’s plan was to have Grassley preside over the joint session after Pence agreed to go along and refuse to certify and then recuse himself.

https://www.politico.com/minutes/congress/06-1-2022/jan-6-strategy-memo/

Grassley knew in advance. He was planning on Pence being gone and planning that he (Grassley) would be presiding over the Electoral College certification, rather than Pence.

“We don’t expect him to be there,” Grassley said Tuesday during a call with agriculture reporters

https://nypost.com/2021/01/05/sen-grassley-implies-that-he-will-handle-electoral-certification/

On 8/11/2023 at 5:29 PM, Serak The Preparer said:

These criticisms all referred specifically to the Mormon church, not Christianity writ large. I very much agree that not all Christians are bad. I do find it a bit gauling when a Mormon steps in to say "hey those bad people aren't real Christians. We're all good". They are not good. If needed I'll go fuck off now.

Well, by and large, despite the excesses of the LDS Church, my personal interactions with LDS are that they are better Christians in their personal conduct and interaction with people than most professed mainstream Christians.

• Like 2

Fuckstain fire bombed a donor shop because of a drag show. One of the walkable districts with buildings attached to one another. But hey, it wins votes, so let’s keep the culture war going! Who cares who gets harmed. Fuck you if you still vote republican, the party is a terror fist organization.

IMG_2045.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

19 hours ago, Pods said:

Grassley knew in advance. He was planning on Pence being gone and planning that he (Grassley) would be presiding over the Electoral College certification, rather than Pence.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/05/sen-grassley-implies-that-he-will-handle-electoral-certification/

Right, because Grassley’s role involved Pence going along with the plan to steal the election and refusing to certify. I took “didn’t cooperate” to be referring to Trump’s plan to overturn the election, which Pence didn’t do, leaving no role for Grassley. If “didn’t cooperate” was referring to the constitutional order then that was just confusing. 

Justice Department Seeks 33 Years In Prison For Ex-Proud Boys Leader Enrique Tarrio In Jan. 6 Case

In one of the most serious cases to emerge from the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, the DOJ is seeking 33 years in prison for the former Proud Boys leader.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Right, because Grassley’s role involved Pence going along with the plan to steal the election and refusing to certify. I took “didn’t cooperate” to be referring to Trump’s plan to overturn the election, which Pence didn’t do, leaving no role for Grassley. If “didn’t cooperate” was referring to the constitutional order then that was just confusing. 

As I recall, they were planning for the attack to happen, for the Secret Service to bustle Pence away and not let him come back, and for Grassley to preside in Pence's absence.  Pence refusing to get in the car was the only thing that stood in the way of that plan actually working.  I'm sure a lot of Republicans had 2 speeches prepared. One for if Pence hung around and another completely opposite one for if Pence wasn't in the building.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Justice Department Seeks 33 Years In Prison For Ex-Proud Boys Leader Enrique Tarrio In Jan. 6 Case

In one of the most serious cases to emerge from the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, the DOJ is seeking 33 years in prison for the former Proud Boys leader.

To see what trauma caused an Afro-Cuban got indoctrinated into a White Nationalist group would be an interview I would definitely watch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

As I recall, they were planning for the attack to happen, for the Secret Service to bustle Pence away and not let him come back, and for Grassley to preside in Pence's absence.  Pence refusing to get in the car was the only thing that stood in the way of that plan actually working.  I'm sure a lot of Republicans had 2 speeches prepared. One for if Pence hung around and another completely opposite one for if Pence wasn't in the building.

It is fucking NUTS how close we came to this.  Of course, I don't think the populace would have allowed them to actually steal the election in the end, but this is still disturbing.  

• Like 2

It is fucking NUTS how close we came to this.  Of course, I don't think the populace would have allowed them to actually steal the election in the end, but this is still disturbing.  

Maybe. But the level of shit we would’ve had to go through to get there would have been beyond crazy. Like civil war, police and military taking sides and shooting at each other crazy.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

Maybe. But the level of shit we would’ve had to go through to get there would have been beyond crazy. Like civil war, police and military taking sides and shooting at each other crazy.

Yep.  I'd rather avoid that, but at minimum, it's on the table for 2024 again.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Inland California is nuts. I walked through right by Lake Arrowhead in May. 

Just read up on Shasta County, CA. They might as well be some random county in Mississippi or Louisiana from what’s happening there. 

https://apnews.com/article/pride-flag-store-owner-killed-cedar-glen-california-901387a1bb02e1657e4a7f0d39d0291a

CEDAR GLEN, Calif. (AP) — A 27-year-old man killed by California sheriff’s deputies over the weekend after he fatally shot a store owner had ripped down an LGBTQ+ Pride flag outside the business and shouted homophobic slurs at the woman, authorities said Monday. 

When deputies confronted Travis Ikeguchi on foot about a mile from the store Friday night, he opened fire on them, striking multiple squad cars, San Bernardino County Sheriff Shannon Dicus told reporters. Deputies returned fire and shot Ikeguchi, who died at the scene, Dicus said. No deputies were hurt. 

Laura Ann Carleton was pronounced dead at Mag.Pi, the store she owned and operated in Cedar Glen. The small community in the San Bernadino Mountains is roughly 60 miles (96 kilometers) east of downtown Los Angeles

Not surprisingly, this asshole posted that as a true follower of Jesus, all Christians must oppose  LGBT and gay marriage and abortions.  Because what would Jesus do? Murder a 66-year-old woman with an unregistered handgun, of course.

Fortunately, cops did cop things when he shot at them. Good cops this time.

• Like 1

This excerpt perfectly encompasses the problem. Altered video, no problems, and his response is that he's holding her accountable . . . for literally nothing. I hate this place, I hate this country. There is no coming back from this. 

The district confirmed the librarian's original post on the social media app didn’t violate any school policy. However, an altered version of the video was posted by the Twitter account "Libs of TikTok", known for its far right and anti LGBTQ posts, which prompted the police response. The altered post was also retweeted by State Superintendent Ryan Walters.

FOX23 reached out to Walters' office and received a statement that said, “The issue here is the employee's actions, that's why Supt. Walters commented on it. Supt. Walters will continue to do what voters elected him to do—hold schools and their employees accountable for educating young Oklahomans.”

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/police-investigate-bomb-threat-at-union-elementary-school/article_a528c0f4-40e7-11ee-9f54-9ba3a7c2d29d.html

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

This excerpt perfectly encompasses the problem. Altered video, no problems, and his response is that he's holding her accountable . . . for literally nothing. I hate this place, I hate this country. There is no coming back from this. 

https://www.fox23.com/news/local/police-investigate-bomb-threat-at-union-elementary-school/article_a528c0f4-40e7-11ee-9f54-9ba3a7c2d29d.html

Much like mass shootings, we have chosen this.  Fuck the first amendment, there are fucking limits.