Bill Snyder about to retire?

Parliament

On 11/6/2018 at 12:22 PM, DougO said:

I won't believe he's retiring until he says it himself. He has a tendency of kicking the shit out of rumors of his demise.

Eventually he will just keel over. Can't live forever, right?  I respect what he did at a school who had no business winning. They will go back to awful as soon as he is gone too. I kind of wish they had gotten over the hump and won an MNC the couple of times they had the chance. 

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

Eventually he will just keel over. Can't live forever, right?  I respect what he did at a school who had no business winning. They will go back to awful as soon as he is gone too. I kind of wish they had gotten over the hump and won an MNC the couple of times they had the chance. 

HeavyHiddenAlbatross-size_restricted.gif

3 minutes ago, n64ra said:

I'd be embarrassed about complaining for a ring at 8-5.

considering some booster will buy it for at least $500 - maybe more, either illegally, or the moment their eligibility is expired, I would say that have a valid complaint.

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Our luck they'll hire a great coach and be a thorn in our side from here to eternity. 

On 11/13/2018 at 9:40 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Not really.  We were, what, 9-1 against Nebraska? And I think 6-9 against KSU.

Not great, but really not nearly as bad as we were good against Nebraska. 

except, Nebraska was 10-5 vs. those same kitties you found so tough to beat.

Edited by mulletpelini
78-15-2 if you want it to look even worse.
  • Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 4:01 AM, kopp0e said:

You have annoyed the great wizard, Bill Snyder...

Not sure why, but the Kansas press has been after Snyder this year. That answer was after a couple of reporters asked him the same question about the starting QB four times. He answered it three times, and finally told them to write whatever the hell they wanted. 

There's not that much Kansas press, but for some reason, they thought Snyder was doing something nefarious between Skylar Thompson and Alex Delton to prop up Delton and keep Thompson from being the starter. Neither are particularly good quarterbacks, but the press has really gone after Snyder over it. 

I've always respected Snyder as a guy who took a historically terrible team and made them competitive. It would be nice if he could retire on his own terms, but for that to happen, he would have to retire. 

Edited by Richard Kimball
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Former player talks about Ron Prince and Snyder. Both seem really shitty to play for.

I made it through about two minutes. Thanks for posting, but I realize that I really don't much care.

A summary of why it's shitty to play for Snyder would be welcome, but that's asking you to accommodate my laziness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I made it through about two minutes. Thanks for posting, but I realize that I really don't much care.

A summary of why it's shitty to play for Snyder would be welcome, but that's asking you to accommodate my laziness.

I made it through the first 3 minutes of the hour and a quarter. Watching the whole thing would be my definition of laziness.

Synopsis please, Pam’s Cumming?

On 11/12/2018 at 7:35 AM, mulletpelini said:

Imagine if no Bulimia gets this job.  The Mrs will be living miles from Ft. Riley., Junction City, & Manhattan.  Talk about #karma.

If Les Miles gets KU job, I think Bret gets interviewed for KState.....

Purple Wizard retirement talk not going away.

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I made it through the first 3 minutes of the hour and a quarter. Watching the whole thing would be my definition of laziness.

Synopsis please, Pam’s Cumming?

I made it fifteen, and what I got was they were mean at KState and made people hit each other in practice and this one guy got injured and couldn't play ball any more. He also was in the school from 2006 to 2010, so not sure he knows what's going on at KState now. 

Edited by Richard Kimball

So I wonder if this old man that everyone seems to like will demand that kstate pay out his contract. He just signed it earlier this year and gets $3.45 million/year for 5 years and it increases 300k/year for the first 2 seasons. We'll find out how good a man he is if they do push him out.

Edited by relapse98

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

According to twitter (because I aint got time to watch all of that) - as punishment KSU would withhold the COL checks players are supposed to receive.  Also would replace meals with 'protein powder'.

6 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

So I wonder if this old man that everyone seems to like (except his first family) will demand that kstate pay out his contract. He just signed it earlier this year and gets $3.45 million/year for 5 years and it increases 300k/year for the first 2 seasons. We'll find out how good a man he is if they do push him out.

If he does demand the money they should sell him the naming rights on the stadium, or take his name off of it.

8 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

So I wonder if this old man that everyone seems to like (except his first family) will demand that kstate pay out his contract. He just signed it earlier this year and gets $3.45 million/year for 5 years and it increases 300k/year for the first 2 seasons. We'll find out how good a man he is if they do push him out.

Buyout is $3M...... nice golden parachute for Snyder to retire....

"Snyder signed a five-year contract in August that will pay him $3.2 million this season and contains a $3 million buyout, but his future has been a hot topic among K-State fans. With the Wildcats (3-5, 1-4 Big 12) off to their worst start since 2015 and fresh off a 51-14 loss to Oklahoma in which the Sooners amassed 702 yards, some have wondered if Snyder might opt for retirement rather than another rebuild at the age of 79.

Tim Fitzgerald, in a column for Gopowercat.com posted Sunday, went so far as to call for Snyder to retire."

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Does that make you feel better about getting routinely worked over by Texas?

You mean like if I could choose between losing to a top 5 all time wins team or a team that until 25 years ago was considered the worst program in football?  That kind of feeling better?  Then yes.

16 hours ago, relapse98 said:

So I wonder if this old man that everyone seems to like will demand that kstate pay out his contract. He just signed it earlier this year and gets $3.45 million/year for 5 years and it increases 300k/year for the first 2 seasons. We'll find out how good a man he is if they do push him out.

So both sides signed a contract, and if they fire him you think he should not collect what's owed to him through the contract?  And if he doesn't just forego millions that university agreed to pay him he's not a good man?  Fuck that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

So both sides signed a contract, and if they fire him you think he should not collect what's owed to him through the contract?  And if he doesn't just forego millions that university agreed to pay him he's not a good man?  Fuck that.

Exactly this, WTF. Don't sign contracts that you think the other side would be an asshole to expect you to follow.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Buyout is $3M...... nice golden parachute for Snyder to retire....

"Snyder signed a five-year contract in August that will pay him $3.2 million this season and contains a $3 million buyout, but his future has been a hot topic among K-State fans. With the Wildcats (3-5, 1-4 Big 12) off to their worst start since 2015 and fresh off a 51-14 loss to Oklahoma in which the Sooners amassed 702 yards, some have wondered if Snyder might opt for retirement rather than another rebuild at the age of 79.

Tim Fitzgerald, in a column for Gopowercat.com posted Sunday, went so far as to call for Snyder to retire."

How wrong is it that arguably one of the top 5 coaches in my lifetime has a buyout of less than half a season’s guaranteed mediocre hobbit money?

On 11/6/2018 at 6:20 AM, Dbeasy said:

Kansas should be a better football program than Kansas St. It is only because of the purple wizard that they’ve stayed comfortably ahead for a long time. The better coach could likely pick Kansas over Kansas St and order will be restored in the universe.

I think back-to-back-to-back hires of Turner Gill, Charlie Weis, and David Beatty have more to do with KU's failings than what has happened in Manhattan.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

What would scare me would be Lester Miles coaching there.

I don't get this. It sounds like, ideally, we'd play only weak teams all year in hopes of having a perfect record. Boring.

Just like with recruits, the only thing I care about is if we're getting who we want. It's about us. I don't care where they go if they don't come here.

I hope Miles does go KSU. I'd like for every team in the Big 12 to be at least pretty good. I want it to mean something to win the conference. 2008 was a fabulous season even if we did get dicked out of the championship game.

This year is fun throughout college football because it's a season of parity. A lot of teams are barely winning and barely losing. We're in the conference championship hunt. We're not really good enough to be in the CFP, but we even had a shot at that for awhile playing close games.

I'd rather return to being a dominant team that whips pretty good teams regularly. I don't want a cakewalk schedule.

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'd rather return to being a dominant team that whips pretty good teams regularly. I don't want a cakewalk schedule.

other than 2005, which is the outlier among all outliers, I think the most enjoyable seasons are those where you expect to win every game but worry about losing to a third of the teams on your schedule. 2008 is a pretty good example, there wasn't a single game where I thought "well we will definitely lose that one" but the grinder of Missouri/Okie State/OU/Tech were all games that concerned me, as was the bowl game

right now most of our games feel like tossups