Bill Snyder about to retire?

Parliament

I was about to make a Bring Back Ron Prince joke, but I googled him and had completely forgotten about this shitshow:

On May 20, 2009, Kansas State University and its athletic corporation filed suit to have an allegedly secret agreement between Prince and former athletic director Bob Krause from 2008 declared invalid. The agreement required Kansas State to pay a total of $3.2 million in three deferred payments to a corporation called In Pursuit of Perfection, LLC, if the school terminated Prince before December 31, 2008. The payments were scheduled to be made in 2015, 2016, and 2020.

The agreement was entered into separately by Krause on the same day that Prince signed a five-year contract extension, on August 7, 2008. The agreement was allegedly discovered on May 11, 2009, as the university responded to "routine informational requests" for a lawsuit involving former coach Tim Tibesar. University president Jon Wefald denied any prior knowledge of this agreement and immediately called for Krause to resign, which he did, effective May 20, 2009.

In a subsequent release, interim Kansas State athletic director Jim Epps stated: "On May 11, 2009, I learned of a secret deferred compensation agreement that Bob Krause apparently negotiated with Ron Prince's attorney. This alleged deal was made without the knowledge of anyone else in the athletics department, including its attorney. This deal was apparently constructed as a further supplement to the buyout provision contained in Prince's employment contract. I do not know why any additional supplement was justified, or why Bob Krause concealed this agreement from everyone until it was inadvertently discovered last week."[12]

On August 10, 2009, attorneys for Prince filed a counterclaim against Kansas State Athletics seeking $3 million in punitive damages. The filings claim that Wefald and other high-ranking members of the athletic department were aware at all times of the agreement. The claim also contended that Krause directed the department's attorney to reword the public contract to allow for a supplemental buyout.[13]

Kansas State University announced on May 6, 2011 that an agreement for settlement between Prince and K-State Athletics, Inc. and the University had been reached. K-State Athletics, Inc. will pay one lump sum of $1.65 million to Prince's company, In Pursuit of Perfection, LLC, on or before May 25, 2011. This is in addition to the $1.2 million Prince had already received per his employment contract, for a total buyout payment of $2.85 million.[14] K-State President Kirk Schulz stated: "We are pleased to have this matter resolved. We appreciate the work that our University counsel has provided during this process and can now maintain focus on moving forward as a University community." K-State Athletics, Inc. reported paying $395,000 in external legal fees during the dispute.[15] The University made the agreement public as a news release and was bound to provide this statement: "Neither the University nor K-State Athletics contends or believes that in negotiating his employment agreement or the MOU, Coach Prince engaged in any wrongful or unethical conduct. Discovery has demonstrated that this situation was not of Coach Prince’s making."[16]

4 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

KSU needs someone who can recruit D1 players while also taking advantage of the Kansas Farm System. Oklahoma State puts together salty front sevens with 3star Dallas kids every class. KSU can do something similar with Seth or Venables

I don't know the backstory, but that's a name that allegedly will never, ever get a sniff at the job.

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Honestly having Harrell or Littrell to keep them from their historic levels of shittiness is good for us. I don't think either of them is a Wizard level coach and we want K-State to be a quality win (assuming we fucking ever get back to being "Texas" again).

Do you remember when KState actually had good offense? 

Do you remember us losing to Ron Prince... twice?

It doesn't take a Wizard. They just need an offense to be dangerous.

21 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Who the fuck worries about losing to KState.

nightmare fuel from last time KSU had a new coach other than the wizard(who sucked against virtually everyone else):

big2.gif

spoiler tag not an option on the posting menu for some reason?

Kansas should be a better football program than Kansas St. It is only because of the purple wizard that they’ve stayed comfortably ahead for a long time. The better coach could likely pick Kansas over Kansas St and order will be restored in the universe.

58 minutes ago, Grippe said:

I always thought the splash hire they'd go after would be Brent Venables.

I don’t believe so. Rumor in these parts was Bob moved Brent down to these parts for reasons other then making room for his brother, and that was just the cover story to clean everything up. 

And though it has worked out well for Brent, many down in these parts believe there is something to it. Because if you pay attention you never hear his name mentioned any more. Yet his resume is that of someone that should have already been given an opportunity to be a head coach. Hell he already has a ring, and coached in four title games including beating Alabama. That is as good or better then Pruitt, Mullen or Smart all of which had a similar body of work.

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

He’ll announce it right before Farmageddon.  The players will make a Herculean effort to win one for the Gipper, and Big 12 refs will gladly oblige.

(thinking . . . thinking . . . thinking)  Nope.  The line doesn't matter.  Betting the house on this game.

2 hours ago, Hamttx said:

I don’t believe so. Rumor in these parts was Bob moved Brent down to these parts for reasons other then making room for his brother, and that was just the cover story to clean everything up. 

And though it has worked out well for Brent, many down in these parts believe there is something to it. Because if you pay attention you never hear his name mentioned any more. Yet his resume is that of someone that should have already been given an opportunity to be a head coach. Hell he already has a ring, and coached in four title games including beating Alabama. That is as good or better then Pruitt, Mullen or Smart all of which had a similar body of work.

he is the defensive Greg Davis?

10 hours ago, texifornia said:

Honestly having Harrell or Littrell to keep them from their historic levels of shittiness is good for us. I don't think either of them is a Wizard level coach and we want K-State to be a quality win (assuming we fucking ever get back to being "Texas" again).

No way. I am so tired of facing most of the top 10 offenses in the country each and every week during B12 play. It is ok to have doormat teams in conference. Every P5 conference has them, the mighty SECSECSEC has tons of them. In my perfect world, Kansas, KState, and Baylor would be doormats. 6 quality conference wins plus a quality non con win should get you to the playoffs if you run the table or have one loss.  

Edited by Vertigo

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Kansas should be a better football program than Kansas St. It is only because of the purple wizard that they’ve stayed comfortably ahead for a long time. The better coach could likely pick Kansas over Kansas St and order will be restored in the universe.

Kansas head coach was making $800k last year and was bumped up to 1.2 mil this year before being fired... Going to have to pay better then that to get anyone to pick that place over K State.   I don’t think they really care about football too much

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I've heard people say this, but I don't really see why.  At this point, KSU has had a better program for a really long time.

Edited by Al_4_ISU