Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

12 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Seeing what happened in Bucha leads me to believe NATO has to go in now.

We will almost certainly see worse in Izum and Mariupol.  If the information leaks out. The Russians bugged out before they could cover the remains of their crimes in Bucha.

Read up on the Katyn Massacre for what might be expected if Russia were to “win.” I wish I were exaggerating— bit literally every prediction about this war has been woefully short of the awful reality. The rhetoric you see is exactly what you’d expect if they were planning the Katyn treatment. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

Seeing what happened in Bucha leads me to believe NATO has to go in now.

I think that would only work if the U.N. agreed to send peacekeepers and then requested assistance from NATO like in Bosnia. I doubt the Russians or Chinese will sign off on any peacekeepers in the Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I recently learned this myself. Iron Dome was developed by an Israeli defense company. They've been very reluctant to share it with other countries because of the top secret tech. I believe they've only sold the US a few units. 

I remember watching Iron Dome wrassle back in the early 80s.  Good stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

In case you’re wondering what we can expect in Mariupol.  FYI, this is a Russian government website that’s BRAGGING:

”First hand footage of the cleansing of houses in Mariupol.  Russian soldiers and fighters of the Donetsk People’s Republic Armed Forces check each basement and checks documents and for Nazi tattoos among the population.”

No need to work that hard.  They can look a lot closer to home, at the shithead neo-nazis in the Wagner group, to find evidence of nazi tattoos.

fuck putin that small-dicked shitface.

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I recently learned this myself. Iron Dome was developed by an Israeli defense company. They've been very reluctant to share it with other countries because of the top secret tech. I believe they've only sold the US a few units. 

Correct.  Then you factor in hypersonic systems, which will render these defense systems obsolete over night.  Seen reports of speeds between Mach 17 and 23.  They can also change direction much faster than older ballistic systems.  Human reaction time is too slow, so only advanced, automated AI defense systems have a chance of responding.

Which of course leads us here.....

4349.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They’ll have Donbas conscripts…..who have shit supplies/weapons and training.  

https://www.reuters.com/world/conscripts-sent-fight-by-pro-russia-donbas-get-little-training-old-rifles-poor-2022-04-04/

Wow.

Several Donbas draftees have been issued with a rifle called a Mosin, which was developed in the late 19th century and went out of production decades ago, according to three people who saw conscripts from the separatist region using the weapon. Images shared on social media, that Reuters has not been able to verify independently, also showed Donbas fighters with Mosin rifles.

3 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Wow.

Several Donbas draftees have been issued with a rifle called a Mosin, which was developed in the late 19th century and went out of production decades ago, according to three people who saw conscripts from the separatist region using the weapon. Images shared on social media, that Reuters has not been able to verify independently, also showed Donbas fighters with Mosin rifles.

LOL, those (if verified) are Mosin-Nagant bolt-action rifles.  I used to have one.  Kick like a bitch.  Think WWI or WWII era.  5-rd internal mag, chambering the big 7.62x54 Russian round (like our 30-06).

*I say "if verified" because there are probably more old Soviet era AK47's in 7.62x39 than there are plastic forks on the earth.  There have to be billions in circulation around the globe?

Edited by BabaYaga

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

LOL, those (if verified) are Mosin-Nagant bolt-action rifles.  I used to have one.  Kick like a bitch.  Think WWI or WWII era.  5-rd internal mag, chambering the big 7.62x54 Russian round (like our 30-06).

That's what got a wow out of me. It's damn near a relic. How could they be out of AKs? It predates WW1.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

*I say "if verified" because there are probably more old Soviet era AK47's in 7.62x39 than there are plastic forks on the earth.  There have to be billions in circulation around the globe?

I own one of these.  My grandfather brought it back from Europe after WW2 and I got all of his guns when he passed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Correct.  Then you factor in hypersonic systems, which will render these defense systems obsolete over night.  Seen reports of speeds between Mach 17 and 23.  They can also change direction much faster than older ballistic systems.  Human reaction time is too slow, so only advanced, automated AI defense systems have a chance of responding.

4349.gif

Iron Dome is made to counter garage built glorified bottle rockets and artillery shells. Was never meant to be a protection against the kind of heat a peer competitor might bring to the table. 

• Like 1

So let's assume the Russians are taking a significant loss to their battlefield equipment inventory.  With the sanctions in place, even if their factories are working 24/7 to resupply tank, armored vehicles, and everything else, if they can't get critical parts, how can they backfill?  This isn't like WWII, when all you needed was access to steel and oil.  There are a lot of critical systems made all over the world.

Of course, the Chinese can probably supply a lot of it.  Maybe they can just order it on Wish.

Interesting. Norway's prime minister directly shared estimates of Russian casualties in a call with Putin a few days ago. "It was listened to, but not commented on. He [Putin] emphasized that in war there are casualties."https://t.co/gstQvjx1xI https://t.co/BQBwyyVZJT pic.twitter.com/n7zkhmLE0u

— Shashank Joshi (@shashj) April 4, 2022

So it is a war. I knew it.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bevo said:

Interesting. Norway's prime minister directly shared estimates of Russian casualties in a call with Putin a few days ago. "It was listened to, but not commented on. He [Putin] emphasized that in war there are casualties."https://t.co/gstQvjx1xI https://t.co/BQBwyyVZJT pic.twitter.com/n7zkhmLE0u

Special operation is not my friend anymore.  War is my new friend now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Russian equipment was smashed in one of the liberated settlements by soldiers of the 93rd brigade "Cold Yar" in the south of Kharkiv region.

Bucha, trophy and broken Russian equipment.

Gostomel Airport. 1/2

Who lost?

Another trophy Russian Tornado-U.

4 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

That's what got a wow out of me. It's damn near a relic. How could they be out of AKs? It predates WW1.

1891. Though they probably have a later version that was slapped out with that well-known Soviet quality control.

I have one that has zero collector value because somebody sawed it down to carbine length. I have never fired it because I don't want to thrash around missing half my face when it blows up. It's a decent home-defense weapon, as a club.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Sold to the Lords of War.  And I know journalists are morons when it comes to identifying guns (no CR), but I don't thing they'd get this one wrong.

Additional booking with MT-LB 🤔

A new model of nano armor of the Second Army of the world.

Mariupol Drama Theater from the inside.

Rashists, location unknown.

The Ukrainian soldier inspects the damaged trophy Russian radar 30N6E SAM S-300PMU

Abkhazians from the occupation battalion of Pyatnashka are a little tired

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Putin gets jail time from his own people for calling it a war? Like Al Capone going down over taxes?

During yesterday's shelling of Nikolaev the Russian occupiers defeated department of hospital, the mayor Alexander Senkevich.

Neither doctors nor patients were injured.

The dead racists were taken to Belarus in stolen car refrigerators "Gavrilov chickens".

What an irony.

The Armed Forces smashed a lot of enemy equipment near Ichnia, Chernihiv region. 1/3

Tractor troops continue to work 🚜

8 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I own one of these.  My grandfather brought it back from Europe after WW2 and I got all of his guns when he passed. 

I own one as well.  Picked it up at a pawn shop years ago for $100.  Still works well.  Kicks like an SOB.  I have a paratrooper model, shorter stock and barrel with the bayonet still attached.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, RDCanecutter said:

1891. Though they probably have a later version that was slapped out with that well-known Soviet quality control.

I have one that has zero collector value because somebody sawed it down to carbine length. I have never fired it because I don't want to thrash around missing half my face when it blows up. It's a decent home-defense weapon, as a club.

The Soviets made them for a long damn time in different versions, and license built versions were made well after the Second War. The Finns rebuilt hundreds of thousands that are excellent and the Hungarian and Polish ones are good rifles, too. 

13 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Iron Dome is made to counter garage built glorified bottle rockets and artillery shells. Was never meant to be a protection against the kind of heat a peer competitor might bring to the table. 

I know, but as systems progress, speed is going to the key to advancement both in the weapon systems and counters for them.  

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The Soviets made them for a long damn time in different versions, and license built versions were made well after the Second War. The Finns rebuilt hundreds of thousands that are excellent and the Hungarian and Polish ones are good rifles, too. 

Yep.  The one I have was made in Poland.  

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I own one as well.  Picked it up at a pawn shop years ago for $100.  Still works well.  Kicks like an SOB.  I have a paratrooper model, shorter stock and barrel with the bayonet still attached.  

Had one of those as well.  That little stock with the metal butt plate is nonsense.  

Curio and Relocation talk not going away.

I have a Mosin Nagant carbine I bought new in 2003 or so.  The story i heard is it was an unissued leftover from WW2.  Sometime in the 1950's, the Russians went back and cut them down.  Mostly to make work for their people.

Iirc, I paid $140 for it.  Used regular Mosins were $80.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I have a vague memory of finding out that mine was from Tula (?) based on markings. I don't even know where the thing is now, really need to straighten up the house.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

They’ll have Donbas conscripts…..who have shit supplies/weapons and training.  

https://www.reuters.com/world/conscripts-sent-fight-by-pro-russia-donbas-get-little-training-old-rifles-poor-2022-04-04/

29 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Wow.

26 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I suspect that they don't trust the Donbas/Ukrainian conscripts with semi-automatics.  They are pushing them to the front only one step better than the soviet tactic of sending people up without guns and telling them to pick it up from the dead guy in front of them.

14 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

I suspect that they don't trust the Donbas/Ukrainian conscripts with semi-automatics.  They are pushing them to the front only one step better than the soviet tactic of sending people up without guns and telling them to pick it up from the dead guy in front of them.

Maybe, but it's not like the AK or even Semi-auto SKS are difficult rifles to learn and use?  You have children and teenagers all over the developing world that use them.  Just weird?

I ran across this on March 22; at least two posts that day of dudes with Mosin’s, with vintage optics. Russian gear is all over the place; supposedly cutting edge gear/hypersonic missles over here, and then Scooby Do vans and Mosins over there.

37a45f88a594c9d07daae9e4eb9a6dc1.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1

4349.gif

Maybe I’m underestimating the Rooskies here, but I’m skeptical of anything mentioning “changing direction” and double-digit Mach speeds. The SR-71 had a turning radius of ~100 miles at Mach 3+ I believe.

6 minutes ago, 686 said:

Maybe I’m underestimating the Rooskies here, but I’m skeptical of anything mentioning “changing direction” and double-digit Mach speeds. The SR-71 had a turning radius of ~100 miles at Mach 3+ I believe.

Yeah, it’s hypersonic at those speeds, but it’s also in intercontinental ballistic missile, and not something roaming the atmosphere. 

Mach 5-7? Sure. I’ll buy that. Mach 17+. Nah. Certainly nothing able to maneuver at all. 

6 minutes ago, 686 said:

Because it was manned.  Anything more would compromise the pilot.  Upon descent even the old V-2 rockets would exceed Mach 5.  These new options are like super fast cruise missiles that can zig-zag and dart all over the damn place.  I think that is what differentiates them.  Their speed AND maneuverability.  

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Because it was manned.  Anything more would compromise the pilot.  Upon descent even the old V-2 rockets would exceed Mach 5.  These new options are like super fast cruise missiles that can zig-zag and dart all over the damn place.  I think that is what differentiates them.  Their speed AND maneuverability.  

Like women - I used to be able to catch em pretty easy if I knew where they were going. But nowadays, they're too fast to catch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Yeah, it’s hypersonic at those speeds, but it’s also in intercontinental ballistic missile, and not something roaming the atmosphere. 

Mach 5-7? Sure. I’ll buy that. Mach 17+. Nah. Certainly nothing able to maneuver at all. 

Mach 20.....and apparently manueverable.

Scary stuff

And from everyone's bastion of truth:  wiki.  They're coming.  I don't know how exactly, but they are on their way.  

he AGM-183 ARRW ("Air-Launched Rapid Response Weapon") is a hypersonic weapon planned for use by the United States Air Force. Developed by Lockheed Martin, the boost glide weapon is propelled to a maximum speed of more than Mach 20 by a missile before gliding towards its targe