Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Also of note- several accounts posting OSINT related stuff on Ukraine— geolocation, equipment spotting, etc— were knocked offline earlier today and yesterday via coordinates bots that flagged their accounts as inappropriate to Twitter. Then Twitter’s own bots took over and turned the accounts off, customer service takes hours to review.

Modern warfare is gonna be a deeply weird thing, folks. 

The life of a drone operator has got to all kinds of weird.  You get bussed two hours to a facility outside of Vegas.  Fly your drone for the day.  Get bussed back to Vegas.  So essentially you could do a hellfire strike and kill a terrorist half a world away and be able to go to the dice table at the Bellagio before rush hour traffic.

4 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I quote that movie all the time and nobody ever catches it. Really underrated movie.

"Oh, by the way, China invaded India today"

"John Paul Jones!"

"Damn sparrows. Must've been migrating."

"Those 20mm or 40mm sparrows, sir?" 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

PSA. If we got anyone in country and needs to get out DM me. Client has two evacuation teams sitting in the west. My role is just watching the online world. These dudes know how to move people out. 

How does that work like a pay for play thing?  We used tigerSwan.  They got us in and out of Venezuela safe but I thought it was a bit over the top but I'm not in the protection business.  I also decided after that trip if a company needs to send me somewhere that requires force protection I'm just not gonna go.  

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

yes, exactly.  this was right after he was betrayed by brad pitt and kirsten dunst and tricked into drinking dead blood , so he left his parisian vampiric life behind and started anew in the far east.  atleast for a little while.

Yeah but Tom got the last laugh when he flew upside down over that Mig and flipped him off.   Merica! 

FYI, utility operators in the United States were just sent a bulletin from the Feds to be on heightened alert against cyberattacks against critical infrastructure in the US.  Probably a wise move.

A large land war in Europe.  Thanks for that, Vlad, you fucking pustule of shitglue.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

FYI, utility operators in the United States were just sent a bulletin for the Feds to be on heightened alert against cyberattacks against critical infrastructure in the USA

Man I have a grad school term paper due this week. Won't someone please think of the poor American grad student when planning a war.

So, I can understand why we and other NATO countries said they would not send troops/weapons to Ukraine. But, what happens if the Russians do start killing lots of civilians? I would assume other countries would get involved then (for instance, UK/Poland at a minimum). My real question is, why didn't we state that caveat when we announced no troops to Ukraine? "We won't send help UNLESS the Russians engage in genocide, murder civilians" etc. By my reckoning it would be a deterrent that would really make Putin think twice, and also would give us plenty of cover to go in if it came to that. But I don't know shit, would love some thoughts from those familiar with this stuff.

2 minutes ago, texastough said:

So, I can understand why we and other NATO countries said they would not send troops/weapons to Ukraine. But, what happens if the Russians do start killing lots of civilians? I would assume other countries would get involved then (for instance, UK/Poland at a minimum). My real question is, why didn't we state that caveat when we announced no troops to Ukraine? "We won't send help UNLESS the Russians engage in genocide, murder civilians" etc. By my reckoning it would be a deterrent that would really make Putin think twice, and also would give us plenty of cover to go in if it came to that. But I don't know shit, would love some thoughts from those familiar with this stuff.

It’s a long held American tradition to say we aren’t doing anything until it’s pretty much a 100% that we are.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, texastough said:

The truth of the matter is that I don't think we or our anyone else gets involved militarily even with documented genocide.

Edited by SimonBolivar

3 minutes ago, texastough said:

Also, we have been sending weapons, just not troops.  

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

FYI, utility operators in the United States were just sent a bulletin from the Feds to be on heightened alert against cyberattacks against critical infrastructure in the US.  Probably a wise move.

A large land war in Europe.  Thanks for that, Vlad, you fucking pustule of shitglue.

It's a good thing Texas has its own grid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

It’s a long held American tradition to say we aren’t doing anything until it’s pretty much a 100% that we are.  

This.

Also, I just sent the message to the boy with the predicate of "this is "worst case scenario" stuff, but you need to know it now if shit goes down and communication gets shut down":

- you know where your ubahn station is as a bomb shelter

- if you have to bug out, have all your essentials ready to go, including having your backpack as a bugout bag with things like a change of socks, a water bottle, and some snack bars (and other stuff, obviously)

- if comms go down, don't panic, just keep trying, and hopefully it's just a temporary DOS thing.

- grab some extra paper euros to use if you need to bug out and electronic transfers etc. aren't working.

- if you truly have to get the hell out of dodge, head west to our friends in Koblenz, by whatever means you can muster.

Because when shit goes south in Europe, it can go south in a fucking hurry.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Just now, staboner said:

APAC morning crew checking in. Not liking what I am seeing. Man I feel for the poor fucking people of Ukraine. I feel like we are sacrificing them to hold off an even bigger, and inevitable problem. 

This.  It seems inevitable that we are going to be involved in a broader shooting war with Russia in the near future.  We best get fucking ready.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, texastough said:

In the runup to WWII, it was the party platform of every politician that "we will not send our boys to die in a European war". Historically speaking, I would expect nothing less today as well. It'll take a profound event to stir America into action.

And for context: even in 1941, the US only declared war on Japan after Pearl Harbor. We only declared war on Germany and Italy after they had against us - had they not done so, the US very likely may have never sent men into Europe.

Biden didn't put out a caveat on civilian deaths because he doesn't want to be the man responsible for pulling the US into another European war. I seriously doubt the US will get involved (outside of just sending aid ala lend-lease) unless we have literally no other option

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

And for context: even in 1941, the US only declared war on Japan after Pearl Harbor. We only declared war on Germany and Italy after they had against us - had they not done so, the US very likely may have never sent men into Europe.

Source on that last sentence? Everything I've ever read was that Germany/Italy declaring war on the US first was just a formality and that everyone was expecting the US to be fully in after Pearl and that it was just a matter of time.

16 minutes ago, texastough said:

So, I can understand why we and other NATO countries said they would not send troops/weapons to Ukraine. But, what happens if the Russians do start killing lots of civilians?

We will start a petition on change.org asking for Putin to stop

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Source on that last sentence? Everything I've ever read was that Germany/Italy declaring war on the US first was just a formality and that everyone was expecting the US to be fully in after Pearl and that it was just a matter of time.

It's correct that we didn't declare war on Germany/Italy until after they had done so, but it was like a day or two later. It was inevitable. 

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  It seems inevitable that we are going to be involved in a broader shooting war with Russia in the near future.  We best get fucking ready.

I really don't think Putin wants that at all and I'm not sure this is going as he expected. He's still hell bent on invading Ukraine (at least the break away territories) but I'm not even sure he's all ready to try to conquer all of Ukraine. It's a BIG country and I don't think they have the manpower to conquer and hold much of that territory without really undermining their overall security. 

I honestly don't know what we should be doing right now. Hope those in charge have much better information that what we do and show good judgment. 

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

I really don't think Putin wants that at all and I'm not sure this is going as he expected. He's still hell bent on invading Ukraine (at least the break away territories) but I'm not even sure he's all ready to try to conquer all of Ukraine. It's a BIG country and I don't think they have the manpower to conquer and hold much of that territory without really undermining their overall security. 

I honestly don't know what we should be doing right now. Hope those in charge have much better information that what we do and show good judgment. 

He ain't stopping at Ukraine.  He may bide his time for a while, but he's going after more.  The Baltics are 100% in jeapardy, because Putin's next bet is that NATO won't actually follow through on its commitment.....which is the big win he's going for.  Put NATO to the test, and make it fail.  That's a monumental win for Putin.

Which means that we have to be prepared to go to war in Estonia and shit, and mean it.

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй