Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

No more attempts at negotiations. While the financial and other sanctions have certainly tightened the noose…Putin is deranged and like a rabid dog it’s time to put him down. Like now. Reports are he’s isolated and surrounded by yes men only and it’s doubtful we can stop him unless we take his ass out. I’m not ready for all of this either but it’s time. He cannot be stopped unless he is killed and we’d be doing all of russia a favor.

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

We take out Putin and then contact the rest of the government and tell each person. You have x,y,s hours to get out of Ukraine. If you do kit start pulling out within that timeframe we will kill each member of the government every hour that you delay. We will kill you. And your family every hour until you comply. Do you understand? 

This stuff probably feels good to say but it’s not realistic. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this wouldn't be happening if Ukraine had just built enough solar panels and windmills.

People die, you post in the thread about unrelated drivel, while having your cockholster fully filled with your masters peen.

Post less.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I do enjoy the people that have watched The Simpsons and the Chernobyl miniseries and now think they have the requisite level of knowledge to speak intelligently about nuclear power. Dunning-Krueger in full effect.

Haha! Yeah, I absolutely understand I have no idea what the consequences are depending on what state the nuclear plant is in. I read way more about Fukushima that I ever did about Chernobyl. And I have ZERO knowledge about the Zaporizhzhia power plant. I just know shit went seriously side wise in Japan when the cooling pumps went offline and they couldn’t get them restarted. That’s a simplification, obviously, but that’s the short answer  

It looks like firefighters are being allowed in to get things under control. Hopefully this is a sign that cooler heads will prevail and fighting will be limited to a degree around the plant. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

We take out Putin and then contact the rest of the government and tell each person. You have x,y,s hours to get out of Ukraine. If you do kit start pulling out within that timeframe we will kill each member of the government every hour that you delay. We will kill you. And your family every hour until you comply. Do you understand? 

What I’m gods name are you babbling about 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

this my friends is why i am against nuclear power. i get it the germans can run it fine, however it is a ticking time bomb for whatever externality you care to bring up. this is our concern. and how and when and where can you control for this type of shit?
TerrificAcademicGerbil-size_restricted.gif

On Brand

No Nukes my brother
  • Like 1

If we don’t do something now we will regret it because Putin doesn’t give a fuck.

Agreed. We’re not going to assassinate him, we’re not going to send troops to fight, and Ukraine can’t hold out forever. So get to the negotiating table, stop the war, then get to work on a long term diplomatic plan. 

There are not a lot of options against an unhinged nuke-wielding dictator. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Ag with kids said:

In my first iteration of jobs, I was on the flight test team for the LOSAT missile at WSMR.  We hit a couple tanks with the missiles and it was UGLY.  I'd hate to be anyone inside.  The round went in through the front then out through the back.  Anyone inside would have died from the massive overpressure as the round went in, which would be nice, since they wouldn't feel the pain of dying from the the 1500 deg temperature increase over milliseconds and then having parts of them sucked out through the exit hole.

Hearing that music, I suddenly had an overbite and a mullet and was shredding on air guitar.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I have no doubt that at least 300 Russian armored vehicles (tanks, infantry/mech, etc.) have been knocked out.  The data/OSINT nerds have tracked close to that number just with photos and videos, and that's ignoring the areas secured by Russians and the stuff not photographed.

If those were just tanks, that's 900+ Russian soldiers out-of-action, plus over $250 million dollars in lost equipment that Russia won't be able to easily replace.

But many of those are going to be infantry carriers of some type, which means potentially 1,500 - 2,000+ soldiers don't have a ride (and how many would have been killed or surrendered?).

And that's going to leave dozens, if not hundreds of skittish officers and NCOs.

I really hope they've been saving them for the armed and armored vehicles, principally tanks.  

19 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Not wrong though. 

I agree 100% with his sentiment. It's just that he posted 7 hours too late, and the topic was pretty well covered earlier with a healthy back and forth. I'd like to see this thread not get CR'd unlike certain posters who are now taking digs on unrelated energy production topics.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, immamac said:

people keep saying this, but who is going to take him out? All the people closest to him are going to be on the take as well and will be fine. You think the people are going to storm the Kremlin like they did on Jan 6th here to stop the election? News flash, their kremlin folks aren't like the capitol police, they will shoot the fuck out of them immediately.

All of the police and military currently responsible for his security have to eat. They have families. Pretty soon, they’re going to realize that their wages are basically worthless.

I read an interesting theory that it’s not simply suffering that leads to revolutions, it’s when quality of life drops sharply in a short period of time. Russians have basically been enjoying the benefits of European life for the past 20 years. The wealthier among them spent weekends in London and Milan and send their kids to private school in London. I don’t think they’re going to respond to 25% inflation and bread lines very well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

by the way, not to derail here, but all you fucks that think ERCOT fucked up Feb of 2021, you're wront. ERCOT DISTRIBUTES energy to where it's needed. not their fault if plants shut down and they don't have the energy to distribute (a unit at the plant I work at was one that tripped). and fuck wind energy.
/rant over.
I for one am glad we went all in on wind energy. That's really the problem here, we should ban supplementing our grid with wind or solar. It's stupid to harvest wind in windy areas, we should all have fashionable dark roofs with no solar because the sun is gay even in the desert. We should not all be making electricity off the sun that radiates on our homes, because again gay or some other word we all agree is dumb or unacceptable. Being frugal is "gay"

Roll coal birches!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck You 2

Let’s conquer the country but destroy it while doing so. Sounds like a smart plan…

these are the people that starved millions to death, murder and poison opponents and support communism.  It was the only plan unless Zelensky capitulated.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Agreed. We’re not going to assassinate him, we’re not going to send troops to fight, and Ukraine can’t hold out forever. So get to the negotiating table, stop the war, then get to work on a long term diplomatic plan. 

There are not a lot of options against an unhinged nuke-wielding dictator. 

Everyone has been trying to get him to negotiate.  He won't, short of Ukraine agreeing to disarm and submit to Russian rule.  Macron talked to him for 90 minutes today.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

We take out Putin and then contact the rest of the government and tell each person.: “You have x,y,x timeframe  to get out of Ukraine. If you do kit start pulling out within that timeframe we will kill each member of the government every hour that you delay. We will kill you. And your family every hour until you comply. Do you understand? 

image.jpeg.e07d73664d2f48c458c81aa6a674f207.jpeg

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

We take out Putin and then contact the rest of the government and tell each person.: “You have x,y,x timeframe  to get out of Ukraine. If you do kit start pulling out within that timeframe we will kill each member of the government every hour that you delay. We will kill you. And your family every hour until you comply. Do you understand? 

By "we" you mean Liam Neeson?

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I’ve visited that nuclear plant. I think it’ll be safe if the attacks don’t increase. It’s very well built. 

The big issue is if the power supply to the cooling systems is cut or taken out.  Then we may have Armageddon 

6 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

For anyone that has an hour to spare and actually wants to understand Chernobyl I recommend the following from an MIT course: the professor is quite good.

Or this one.  Explains this so an 8th grader can understand it. Has boatloads of videos on nuclear energy, etc.  Here's his bio:

Professor David Ruzic

Abel Bliss Professor of Engineering Department of Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Grimas said:

My high school kid just told me that his history teacher told them Russia was invading Ukraine to get the neo-nazis...  Argh...

Apparently, the teen to adult translation didn't work correctly so I retract the rage...

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Everyone has been trying to get him to negotiate.  He won't, short of Ukraine agreeing to disarm and submit to Russian rule.  Macron talked to him for 90 minutes today.

Yes but we haven’t tried hard enough to negotiate with Putin and sanctions will most certainly get him killed by his own people, right? Certainly if we yell stop he will do it right? And we can yell stop again if he doesn’t. While Ukraine burns to the ground…smdh 

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Or this one.  Explains this so an 8th grader can understand it. Has boatloads of videos on nuclear energy, etc.  Here's his bio:

Professor David Ruzic

Abel Bliss Professor of Engineering Department of Nuclear, Plasma, and Radiological Engineering University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Is there one a 4th grader can understand?

Asking for Surly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I really hope they've been saving them for the armed and armored vehicles, principally tanks.  

Same, but at this point, every truck they are taking out is putting an additional burden on the remaining trucks.

If things were running smoothly, and those trucks were able to make two round-trips a day, take a truck out and you lose two truckloads of fuel or food or ammo or whatever, capacity every day.  That builds up quickly, because it builds up pressure on the remaining trucks to pick up the slack, which puts more strain on their engines, etc., leads to more maintenance, etc. And if you start losing multiple trucks, things go to shit really fast.

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

The big issue is if the power supply to the cooling systems is cut or taken out.  Then we may have Armageddon 

Correct (Although the power cut here can result in a scram which is ideal and that’s what occurred). This particular plant is designed better imo than TMI (which I live so close to we got iodine pills every 3 months). 

Crisis has been averted thankfully.