Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

49 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So is there any chance of a slowly then all at once kind of thing, or will it be hard going from start to finish?

Here and there, Russian units will completely collapse and you'll see a bulge of sorts in the lines.

The important thing is that Russia is going to have to make hard decisions on force allocations for Crimea and for the "mainland" area (DPR/LPR).  I don't think they have the reserves to handle full-blown counter-offensives against both areas, and Ukrainians have been running into Russian reserve units (aka the recently mobilized) here and there already, and Ukraine is closing in on cutting off the land routes to Crimea. If they cut those land routes off, then Russia won't be able to easily move men and materials between Crimea and LPR/DPR.

• Hook 'Em 3

55 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Michael Kofman and Rob Lee were just in Ukraine, including around Bakhmut. On Kofman's last two podcasts he's said he expects it to be a grinding offensive the whole way due to the extensive layered Russian defenses.

I think there is one big milestone when the game changes somewhat. Whenever the Azov / Black Seas are within HIMARS range and there are no “safe” logistics routes or command centers I could see the pace picking up significantly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Whole war messing with me head. Saw a car with a "pzev" logo and thought it said "azov."

pzev. partial zero emissions... what a stupid name. yeah, you can roll coal and that's PART zero emissions. not a very big part.

anyway

I was on a hike last weekend and there was a family speaking a Slavic language. Had to remind myself not to possibly ruin both our walks by asking if they were Russian/Ukrainian and going on from there. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Whole war messing with me head. Saw a car with a "pzev" logo and thought it said "azov."

pzev. partial zero emissions... what a stupid name. yeah, you can roll coal and that's PART zero emissions. not a very big part.

anyway

I read the Orca thread earlier which has now fucked with my head. Every time I see Orcs, i read Orcas. It takes me a few seconds to correct my thoughts. Orcas are apex predators that are kind of cool to see. Orcs, especially fat, drunk, and stupid soldiers, not so much.

• Haha 4

The first competition between a Ukrainian athlete and a “neutral” russian athlete since the start of the full scale war went exactly as you’d imagine.

Ukraine’s Olha Kharlan defeated “neutral” Anna Smirnova in fencing. Despite Kharlan clarifying before the match that she wouldn’t do the handshake afterwards, the “neutral” russian attempted it anyway and then feigned confusion and hurt when she was rejected. The defeated Smirnova then staged a protest, refusing to leave until Kharlan was disqualified and she was declared winner instead.(Fortunately, she was ignored.)

Absolutely no decency or sense of perspective amidst their country’s ongoing imperial genocide. Turns out russians can protest though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

The first competition between a Ukrainian athlete and a “neutral” russian athlete since the start of the full scale war went exactly as you’d imagine.

Ukraine’s Olha Kharlan defeated “neutral” Anna Smirnova in fencing. Despite Kharlan clarifying before the match that she wouldn’t do the handshake afterwards, the “neutral” russian attempted it anyway and then feigned confusion and hurt when she was rejected. The defeated Smirnova then staged a protest, refusing to leave until Kharlan was disqualified and she was declared winner instead.(Fortunately, she was ignored.)

Absolutely no decency or sense of perspective amidst their country’s ongoing imperial genocide. Turns out russians can protest though.

I hope that she gets to see a video of her brother dying in combat, on soil that he invaded and is not and never will be his.
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Viper said:

They disqualified Kharlan.  Just took a few hours for the wire transfers to go through. 

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Literally the go to move by Russia on the world stage these days, in every aspect. 

• Hook 'Em 5

https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/1684794089659625472?t=NjqSvKkhrfbSTMebSeymMA&s=19 

Audio File:

An alleged correspondence btw #Kadyrov's men, who report about the huge losses. They declare that out of 500 fighters only 60 of the 1st battalion "Akhmat-North" remain alive

Edited by KYHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

Graphic at the end

Georgians protested and chased away a liner with Russians from the port of Batumi 🇬🇪

Yesterday, the Astoria Grande cruise liner, which was carrying Russian tourists, arrived in Batumi, Georgia. After that, local residents protested. They chanted "Russian ship, go to **y" and "Abkhazia is Georgia", and also brought photographs depicting Abkhazia and the events of the August war.

I gotta tell you--I really want to go to Georgia.  Everything about that country looks really cool.  You've got plenty of history; you the mountains and the beach are all right there; the food looks good.  It all looks like a fun trip.

• Hook 'Em 7

23 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

An alleged correspondence btw #Kadyrov's men, who report about the huge losses. They declare that out of 500 fighters only 60 of the 1st battalion "Akhmat-North" remain alive

All of the videos of Chechens I’ve seen out of Ukraine, I really wonder how they were able to give the Russians so much grief in the 90s.

52 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

All of the videos of Chechens I’ve seen out of Ukraine, I really wonder how they were able to give the Russians so much grief in the 90s.

I think it's like how Sparta became a tourist attraction by the time of the Romans 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

After watching the Russians' military prowess, I think you're seeing that "being the least incompetent military" might be a viable strategy against the rooskies.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Doomposting by Murz while Girkin is away goes on, it's a long post again so the full piece is on the screenshots and the summary is below: - This offensive boils down to who has more reserves and who can grind down more enemy units than their own. Russia lost its potential in the meat assaults of last year and winter. - If the enemy (Ukrainians) have managed to reach the 1st line of defence, it's awful on its own because no measures taken prior to that were able to stop them. - However slow the advance is, the depth of penetration doesn't matter if penetration took place at all - there's operational space behind the defence line. - Transferring troops to Kreminna was a gamble, and if it doesn't play out, it's a major risk for other directions, including Bakhmut.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Graphic at the end

Georgians protested and chased away a liner with Russians from the port of Batumi 🇬🇪

Yesterday, the Astoria Grande cruise liner, which was carrying Russian tourists, arrived in Batumi, Georgia. After that, local residents protested. They chanted "Russian ship, go to **y" and "Abkhazia is Georgia", and also brought photographs depicting Abkhazia and the events of the August war.

'Russian cruise ship, GO FUCK YOURSELF."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I gotta tell you--I really want to go to Georgia.  Everything about that country looks really cool.  You've got plenty of history; you the mountains and the beach are all right there; the food looks good.  It all looks like a fun trip.

My nephew just got back from there. He said it was amazing.

pro russian sites yesterday had great fun pointing out that ukr lost a company of old BMP1s yesterday in a trench clearing operation SOUTH of Robotyne, yes south of robotyne..... the thing they dont like to talk about is .... 1. the trenches were taken and they are still moving south.... 2, the vehicles were mostly empty when hit. the infantry was mostly deployed when the vehicles blew up... but good for you. notice troops deploying to clear trenches prior to the vehicles being hit

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

These guys are the turncoat pussies that sided with Russia. The Muslim guerilla fighters are the ones that gave them hell, then showed up in Afghanistan and gave us hell. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I recently read One Soldier's War by Babchenko about his experience in Chechyna.  In '91 Dudayev (former Russian Pilot) seized control of the region and expelled the Russian army.  Lawlessness and chaos ensued and by the end of '94, a full blown war broke out to take Chechyna back.

100% of the RU military horrors we are seeing in Ukr took place in Chechyna, but on both sides.  The evil that permeates their culture is not new.  The Chechynan war was fought in cities, though there were some rural battles...for the most part it was street by street, urban warfare.  Mass city bombings, total disregard for civilian lives etc...the picture this guy paints of the lack of training, leadership, total disregrad for a military hierarchy and structure was incredible.  Hard to believe a superpower would have such little infrastructure...it was a total slog, fubar type stuff.  No supply chain, lack of food, water, basic neccessities to arm a fighting force, it really was every man for themselves.

I read the book mostly b/c I wanted to learn why/where this present day culture came from and my feeling is the history of what we saw in Chechyna and what we are seeing in UKR goes back to Lenin, Stahlin and back as far as that country has existed.  Save for the fact they have oil money....take that away and Russia is closer to a third world country than any modern society.  Patton was correct, we should have marched our boys all the way to Moscow and pushed the RU out of Germany, I think had we done that, perhpas the last 60 - 70 years history is different, but that's another matter.

image.png.ffc9da75ea912725693ccb5acac36d65.png

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jdhorn92 said:

I recently read One Soldier's War by Babchenko about his experience in Chechyna.  In '91 Dudayev (former Russian Pilot) seized control of the region and expelled the Russian army.  Lawlessness and chaos ensued and by the end of '94, a full blown war broke out to take Chechyna back.

100% of the RU military horrors we are seeing in Ukr took place in Chechyna, but on both sides.  The evil that permeates their culture is not new.  The Chechynan war was fought in cities, though there were some rural battles...for the most part it was street by street, urban warfare.  Mass city bombings, total disregard for civilian lives etc...the picture this guy paints of the lack of training, leadership, total disregrad for a military hierarchy and structure was incredible.  Hard to believe a superpower would have such little infrastructure...it was a total slog, fubar type stuff.  No supply chain, lack of food, water, basic neccessities to arm a fighting force, it really was every man for themselves.

I read the book mostly b/c I wanted to learn why/where this present day culture came from and my feeling is the history of what we saw in Chechyna and what we are seeing in UKR goes back to Lenin, Stahlin and back as far as that country has existed.  Save for the fact they have oil money....take that away and Russia is closer to a third world country than any modern society.  Patton was correct, we should have marched our boys all the way to Moscow and pushed the RU out of Germany, I think had we done that, perhpas the last 60 - 70 years history is different, but that's another matter.

image.png.ffc9da75ea912725693ccb5acac36d65.png

Can confirm.  That book was prophetic.

• Hook 'Em 3