Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

59 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Or they could kill you then rape you.

A girl I know, not great or anything just in passing posted something the other day about the anniversary of her mothers story and it being posted around and having to relive it, ect.  So I googled and evidently when she was in high school her brother killed and raped their mother after. There’s crime docs and shit on it.  He wasn’t remorseful or anything after, some people are fucking crazy.  

32 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

A girl I know, not great or anything just in passing posted something the other day about the anniversary of her mothers story and it being posted around and having to relive it, ect.  So I googled and evidently when she was in high school her brother killed and raped their mother after. There’s crime docs and shit on it.  He wasn’t remorseful or anything after, some people are fucking crazy.  

So what year did OU recruit him?

42 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Who is Art Briles for $1000 Alex

22 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, I listened to a speech announcing a bunch of the new weapons systems, and one of the reasons for their buildup was something about "Lebensraum" which doesn't sound like a Polish word (this was Google's translation of Polish-Engilsh), and Kaliningrad, which doesn't sound like a Polish city.  Not sure what that was about.

Kaliningrad used to be called Konigsberg and was an East Prussian city.  Lots of Prussia is now Northern Poland but we usually associate Prussia as a founding state of unified Germany.  The Region of Kaliningrad is Russian and separated from the rest of Russia by Poland, Lithuania and Belarus.  It's important as a warm water port for Russia though through global warming Russia is hoping to have more ice free ports.

Anyway.  Russia covets this area and being isolated from mainland Russia by almost 700 km means there is a risk that Russia may want to control the land bridge to it instead of basically relying on easements.  That's probably where the Lebensraum reference fits in.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 3

Kaliningrad used to be called Konigsberg and was an East Prussian city.  Lots of Prussia is now Northern Poland but we usually associate Prussia as a founding state of unified Germany.  The Region of Kaliningrad is Russian and separated from the rest of Russia by Poland, Lithuania and Belarus.  It's important as a warm water port for Russia though through global warming Russia is hoping to have more ice free ports.
Anyway.  Russia covets this area and being isolated from mainland Russia by almost 700 km means there is a risk that Russia may want to control the land bridge to it instead of basically relying on easements.  That's probably where the Lebensraum reference fits in.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m afraid your sarcasm meter may be broken.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Superhero said:

I'm fascinated that Iran, China and North Korea continue making decisions that keeps them as pariah states.

I can see China and NK telling the region to fuck off because they have nuclear weapons.

But Israel can obliterate Iran with just a little help from the US.

uhhhh, china ain't a pariah state.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

And this is exactly why the Russian's can't be negotiated with, and can't be allowed a single shred of victory out of all this.  It isn't just that a negotiated settlement would only encourage future Russian aggression, it's the precedent it would set in the global landscape.  In the end, the basic thought that its at all acceptable to eradicate another's culture has to be defeated, at all costs.  

I recognize that in our own country's history we have a shameful past in this regard, in particular against Native American's (among others).  Our past sins are exactly that, and recognizing that was done was wrong is part of the reason why we can't accept this.  

Are you confident that Russia will "accept" the Ukranian culture after it loses the war? I'm confident that it won't. What will change is that Russia will be forced to accept Ukranian culture until it is powerful enough relative to Ukraine to try again. So, dismantling Russian culture and then rebuilding it will eventually be necessary.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I'm trying to think of how much money you'd have to pay me to get on a Russian plane these days. It's a number, that's for sure.

Shit, well before the sanctions, when were booking flights to and from a former soviet republic, the boy -- an aviation nut -- tells me "no fucking flights on aeroflot, dad."  I assured him that I'd already excluded it from my searches.

Getting on a Russian plane, at any point in time, is a bigger gamble with my life than I'd ever want to take.

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Shit, well before the sanctions, when were booking flights to and from a former soviet republic, the boy -- an aviation nut -- tells me "no fucking flights on aeroflot, dad."  I assured him that I'd already excluded it from my searches.

Getting on a Russian plane, at any point in time, is a bigger gamble with my life than I'd ever want to take.

My dream fishing trip has always been Kamchatka but even before the war I was just too big of a pussy to get on a Russian-operated helicopter. Between the 'maintenance' and BAC level of the pilot, the risk/reward just wasn't there for me.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

My dream fishing trip has always been Kamchatka but even before the war I was just too big of a pussy to get on a Russian-operated helicopter. Between the 'maintenance' and BAC level of the pilot, the risk/reward just wasn't there for me.

Fished with a guide in Santa Fe/northern NM.  One of his part time guides was a young guy who went to guide on some of those trips.  He died in a plane crash in Russia.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Rage+1 4