Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

I thought Xi loaded up on grain and metals (bought like 75% of available copper on the market if I recall) after Putin tipped him off on the war, so Xi may be well stocked on grain. Bunch of 3rd world counties will snap it up though and are going to be hurting if Russia fucks with the harvest more than it already is.

e0bfb1be7824ed91f6e5e427679ce9f8.png

Yeah going to be tough for Russia to sell Ukrainian wheat in lands that haven't been planted or in areas they don't control. Much of Eastern Ukraine is fertile as hell, but you have to have the wheat to find buyers.

Also Russia controls little of Ukraine's corn growing regions.

Edited by SimonBolivar

No countries are going to invade them.
Which makes me circle back to the invasion of Ukraine being partly/mostly economic. 

Occam’s Razor. It was all about the money. Putin was scared shitless of the Ukrainian O&G development drastically reducing Russian revenue and margin/leverage over time; and, if he actually had conquered Ukraine, that’s 40M more client state residents sending taxes to Moscow, being forced to buy Russian shit in lieu of western stuff and a shitload of Ag products that can be skimmed during export.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

For me the most frustrating thing is our combined failure to equip the Ukrainians with this type of equipment, at the very least letting them buy what they needed like other countries, BEFORE this war.  Imagine if we had.  The game we played about offensive vs. defensive weapons was always for us and not Putin. 

I think RU attack would have been very different if they knew they'd be facing those weapon or maybe not 'cause Russia.

Germany saying that sanctions won't be lifted until Ukraine is happy with any deals with Russia.

Also, Germany won't accept Russian annexation of Crimea.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/sanctions-wont-be-lifted-until-russia-signs-peace-deal-with-ukraine-germanys-2022-05-02/

Would be very interesting if sanctions are not lifted unless Russia gives up Crimea.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:
Wheelhouse

As a long time maker of bad decisions currently dating a chick that's half Ukrain, good luck. The highs are high, but watch your cornhole.

Is it true that Ukranian women don't put out?

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Why would they ever demand a system based on rule of law and individual rights if their worldview is basically that life is about fucking over other people any way you can to get an advantage?  

Wait.... Which country are we not talking about?

This young country was built on fucking people over... And is now teetering on following the path of lies for those who in hope to regain the advantages of the times of fucking over.

History says we need to get our shit together... TOGETHER.

Will we?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

8 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Again, I'm a military tactics inchoate so pardon the ignorance or if it has already been asked. But is a week long enough? Obviously better than nothing and I assume stateside bootcamp doesn't devote the entire time to drone training but what would be the ideal training time? Things been going Ukraine's way but wondering how much to temper expectations going forward considering news on new hardware arrivals, training, etc. Thanks in advance, y'all.

3 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Again, I'm a military tactics inchoate so pardon the ignorance or if it has already been asked. But is a week long enough? Obviously better than nothing and I assume stateside bootcamp doesn't devote the entire time to drone training but what would be the ideal training time? Things been going Ukraine's way but wondering how much to temper expectations going forward considering news on new hardware arrivals, training, etc. Thanks in advance, y'all.

I just post what I find that is interesting but based on what I've seen and read these howitzers aren't particularly complicated and are designed to be easy to use. 

Someone else will have to fill in the details. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Keep in mind that we are training people who are already skilled at employing similar weapons.  The training we are giving them isn't start from scratch training on how to deploy and target artillery, but how to load and fire these guns, how to drive these vehicles, or how to fly these drones.  That shortens the training cycle considerably.

ETA - These are obviously very, very motivated students.  They won't need a lot of repetition to learn what they need.

Edited by Scheiss Meister
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, achooloco said:

If it is training experienced artillery sergeants to train the troops back home then it shouldn't take as much time as training fresh from bootcamp. They only have to learn the mechanics differences.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That warehouse?

I remember talking to a Russian friend many years ago about fires in Russia. He said that because of all the corruption, people just pay off the fire inspector to avoid installing all the fire detection and suppression systems in a building. This leads to widespread issues with fires burning out of control.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KYHorn said:

I remember talking to a Russian friend many years ago about fires in Russia. He said that because of all the corruption, people just pay off the fire inspector to avoid installing all the fire detection and suppression systems in a building. This leads to widespread issues with fires burning out of control.

Fire inspection service in Russia has long been pure corruption. On paper, Russia has extremely advanced and stringent fire safety controls; to the point where they aren’t even possible to meet.  So yes, this is standard practice. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, achooloco said:

I presume these folks are trained on their own, domestic machines.  It's a matter of learning the difference.  They aren't pulling idiots off the street (like you and me).  And I'm sure they'll hace American...defectors...helping them in country. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, MillerEP said:

https://torcheepee.com/3939-2/

RUSSIANS ARE A PROBLEM
May 1, 2022 | A comment
Visitors have accessed this post 939 times.

War in Ukraine...

I too believed that the problem was not the Russians, but Putin. I, too, believed that the poor Russians were forced into this war they did not want.

The truth is that the problem is with the Russian people and not only with Putin. It is ordinary Russians who are committing war crimes and massacres in Ukraine. They are the ones who laugh when they see a destroyed Ukrainian village. They are ordinary Russians who target buildings full of civilians. They are the ones who have been spitting their hatred on Ukrainians for years.

Ukrainians often understand and speak Russian. They showed me what is said on social media or simply in exchanges between former "friends" (now enemies) Russians and Ukrainians. Russians have a sick hatred of Ukrainians. The only reason many Russians don't want this war anymore is because Russian blood is flowing in Ukraine. Without this pain, without these deaths, the Russians would be even more arrogant and violent than they are now. Only violence, suffering and death can pull the Russians out of their madness.

Just as the Germans were a dangerous and indoctrinated people under Hitler's rule, today's Russians are largely accomplices and executors of Russia's crimes. Not all Russians, but a large number of them.

Hitler did not kill tens of millions of people. Hitler never fired a single bullet in the entire war, except when it came time to kill himself. Putin did not kill a single person with his hands during this war. This should make us think.

I too was a friend of the Russians. I'm not anymore.

*my latest sniper book, my projects: www.livreswali.com / www.walisbooks.com

Faith and Fight
W

^The Canadian Sniper Wali's blog post from yesterday

Seems like a bit slow on the uptake.

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The bolded is a VERY common type of terrible reasoning that leads to serious miscalculations.  Person X imposes HIS motivations on to Person Y.  Then, assumes that Person Y will behave exactly as Person X would in a given situation.  In short, it's a mistake to look at an adversary and ask "what would I do in that situation?" to predict what the adversary will actually do.  This seems axiomatic and silly, but it's remarkable how few people actually do it -- the right question to ask is "what would he do in that situation?"  Understanding your opponent's worldview and goals, which may be different, even alien, from yours, is essential to predicting their behavior.

The Russians have spent decades worrying about the United States acting not like the US would act in our situation, but rather how the Russians would act in our situation. 

Layer on the other problems (theirs is a culture built on layers of lies, utter corruption, etc.), and you end up with a massive miscalculation.  Which, if you pick up a history book, is what they have done over and over for centuries.

These two posts make me sad.  How is something so obvious hidden from so many.   

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

The IOC is in a race to the bottom with FIFA and the FIA for which organization is the most corrupt. 

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

It’s amazing how corrupt the international sports bodies have been as a whole the last 20 years or so… Or have they always been that way and people are now just waking up to the fact that with the power/prestige/$$ involved in international sports breeds corruption.

1 hour ago, FartingMonk said:

Our weapons systems are very very easy to learn.  A week is ample time to make you proficient in any weapons system we own.

Yep. I fired an AT-4 and hit my target on the first try after about 3 minutes of instruction. 2.5 minutes of which was make sure no one is behind you, you stupid fucking private.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Many like to point out that Zelenskyy is Jewish when Putin says the Ukrainians are Nazis. I don't believe Russians primarily thinks of Nazis in terms of the Holocaust. They think of the Nazis as an invading force that lead to 30m Russian deaths in WW2.  Side note: America has ~400K deaths in WW2. 

I'm not sure the Russians ever care much about the Holocaust. It's not like their history is much better towards their Jewish population.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

It’s amazing how corrupt the international sports bodies have been as a whole the last 20 years or so… Or have they always been that way and people are now just waking up to the fact that with the power/prestige/$$ involved in international sports breeds corruption.

The last 20 years?   Moscow (1980) and Sarajevo (1984) as hosts kind of dispel that notion.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

The last 20 years?   Moscow (1980) and Sarajevo (1984) as hosts kind of dispel that notion.

Guessing not many here watched documentary "Icarus" about state sponsored Russian doping?  If not, it's a must watch.  

While investigating the furtive world of illegal doping in sports, Bryan Fogel connects with Russian scientist Grigory Rodchenkov, the director of Russia's national anti-doping laboratory. Rodchenkov creates a plan for Fogel to take banned performance-enhancing drugs in a way that will evade detection from drug-testing, helping Fogel's experiment to prove that the current way athletes are tested for drugs is insufficient. As Fogel continues his training, he and Rodchenkov become friends, and Rodchenkov eventually reveals that Russia has a state-sponsored Olympic doping program that he oversees.

When allegations emerge in the international media over the possible existence of such a program, Fogel realizes that Rodchenkov is in danger of being "silenced" by the Russian government and has him flown to Los Angeles for his protection. Using Rodchenkov's knowledge of the doping program, they speak to the U.S. Department of Justice as well as the New York Times, alleging that Russia has conspired to cheat in the Olympics for decades, and he was hired to ramp up the operation after the Russian team's embarrassing performance in the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver.[6]

On camera, Rodchenkov testifies that at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, with the help of the Federal Security Service, he and his team switched steroid-tainted urine of the Russian national team with clean samples, evading positive detection. He provides spreadsheets, discs, e-mails, and more incriminating evidence of Russian involvement, forcing the World Anti-Doping Agency and the International Olympic Committee to investigate. After WADA's independent investigation confirms Rodchenkov's claims, U.S. Law Enforcement places him in protective custody.[7] Rodchenkov's lawyer, Jim Walden, appears briefly in the film describing the threats to Rodchenkov's life and the suspicious deaths of two of Rodchenkov's associates.[1][2]

The film ends stating that the Russian government continues to deny it had any involvement with the program and that Rodchenkov remains in protective custody

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2