Kirk Herbstreit is a Douche Waffle

Neonmoon

29 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Seriously have you tried Skyline Chili? 

Of course I have. Have you? Or are you just certain you hate it because you think you’re supposed to because it has “chili” in the name? I’ve also had Gold Star Chili. I’ve also had homemade Cincinnati chili.

I don’t eat at McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Burger King, or Taco Bell anymore because they’ve all gone to hell. Skyline hasn’t suffered any loss in quality since I first had it back in the 80’s. Bake it in a casserole and call it pastitsio and you probably wouldn’t have a problem with it.

Now I should look up the pie thread and mock you for calling it Frito pie.

38 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

There's no need to get stupider...

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

I mean, I’m not saying life without taste or smell would be awesome, but you’d really off yourself and leave your family without a husband/father/son if you were otherwise healthy? Damn.

Are all members of your family tOSU fans?

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
Damn. Didn’t realize he was a Buckeye incel.
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

And even when he's stanky, he can't smell himself.

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit still can't smell or taste anything 5 months after COVID-19 diagnosis

Kirk Herbstreit tested positive for COVID-19 back in December.

On Tuesday, the ESPN college football analyst delivered a tough update about his battle with the coronavirus.

Herbstreit still can’t smell or taste anything five months later.

“Haven’t tasted a meal since late December,” he tweeted, in part. “After five months … is this my new normal or will taste and smell come back???”

Does this mean he's shed a much-needed 25 lbs?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

I mean, I’m not saying life without taste or smell would be awesome, but you’d really off yourself and leave your family without a husband/father/son if you were otherwise healthy? Damn.

Life would never be the same without that sweet smell of upholstery and cushion stuffing burning in spring oil.   

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Of course I have. Have you? Or are you just certain you hate it because you think you’re supposed to because it has “chili” in the name? I’ve also had Gold Star Chili. I’ve also had homemade Cincinnati chili.

I don’t eat at McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Burger King, or Taco Bell anymore because they’ve all gone to hell. Skyline hasn’t suffered any loss in quality since I first had it back in the 80’s. Bake it in a casserole and call it pastitsio and you probably wouldn’t have a problem with it.

I lived in Cincinnati for a couple years and no, I don't hate Skyline or Gold Star simply because it's called chili. But if I wanted cinnamon in my entrée, I'd rather eat Moroccan food. 

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit still can't smell or taste anything 5 months after COVID-19 diagnosis

On Tuesday, the ESPN college football analyst delivered a tough update about his battle with the coronavirus.

“Haven’t tasted a meal since late December,” he tweeted, in part. “After five months … is this my new normal or will taste and smell come back???”

Herbstreit, 51, has been with ESPN for nearly three decades, and plays a huge part in both the network’s college football coverage in general and in “College GameDay.” 

Herbstreit actually had to cover the Ohio State-Clemson semifinal game in the College Football Playoff remotely after contracting the coronavirus.

How common is losing smell, taste with COVID-19?

Outside of the more serious symptoms connected to the coronavirus, a loss of taste and smell is one of the more common side effects of the virus since the pandemic began last year.

According to the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, up to 80% of people who have tested positive for the coronavirus have had “subjective complaints of smell or taste loss.”

The severity of smell and taste loss will differ between individuals — some have lost it completely while others only noticed minor changes — which makes it difficult to determine how widespread this symptom actually is. And, as smell is necessary to actually taste, the two symptoms are often connected, per the report.

It’s also unclear how long those symptoms last after recovering from the virus. Some regain it almost instantly while others, like Herbstreit, take much longer.

About 52% of adults in the United States are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus as of Tuesday night, and about 63% have received at least one dose, according to The New York Times. Vermont has fully vaccinated about 56% of its residents, the No. 1 state in the country, and Mississippi is last at about 27%.

https://sports.yahoo.com/espn-kirk-herbstreit-cant-smell-taste-after-coronavirus-covid19-pandemic-diagnosis-225142935.html

herbie.gif.419e17be7e04c18b9a005a36e25417aa.gif

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Eggo said:

I lived in Cincinnati for a couple years and no, I don't hate Skyline or Gold Star simply because it's called chili. But if I wanted cinnamon in my entrée, I'd rather eat Moroccan food. 

What a coincidence. Morocco is also positioned around the Mediterranean just like Greece whose immigrants to America came up with Cincinnati chili and used the spices popular in the region. Just like in moussaka or shawarma or any number of other dishes involving the spices popular in meat sauces from that area.

But they used the word “chili” so a bunch of Texans have a bug up their ass about it. I’m sure there is no shortage of posters here who are sure they hate it but have never tried it. I’m sure there are others who’ve tried it and were determined to hate it before they ever took a bite. Not everyone likes it. Not even everyone from Cincinnati. Probably not everyone from Cincinnati who is of Greek descent, maybe not every descendant from whatever family first came up with the dish.

I like it. And this thread tells me not to take any of your criticisms seriously:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

What a coincidence. Morocco is also positioned around the Mediterranean just like Greece whose immigrants to America came up with Cincinnati chili and used the spices popular in the region. Just like in moussaka or shawarma or any number of other dishes involving the spices popular in meat sauces from that area.

But they used the word “chili” so a bunch of Texans have a bug up their ass about it. I’m sure there is no shortage of posters here who are sure they hate it but have never tried it. I’m sure there are others who’ve tried it and were determined to hate it before they ever took a bite. Not everyone likes it. Not even everyone from Cincinnati. Probably not everyone from Cincinnati who is of Greek descent, maybe not every descendant from whatever family first came up with the dish.

I like it. And this thread tells me not to take any of your criticisms seriously:

Jesus Christ why are we still talking about this? I make a joke about Herbstreit being able to tolerate a food known for being polarizing and also from Ohio (where he's from) and you decide to dig in.

Offseason is too long. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

How the fuck does this idiot have as much rep as he has? I’ve never read a post from him and thought: “I’m glad I read that.” 

It is a constant barrage of equivocating for Ohio State, whining about hot women, saying stupid shit about food, and generally just being uninteresting and depressing with his posts. Seriously, who are the fucking idiots on this site giving insipid nonentities like this positive reinforcement for his posts? 

Fuck all of you who do it, btw. 

He posts liberal shit on the clock room and argues for atheism on the daily Texan. It’s like a computer designed cheat code to get rep on this site. 
I know you celebrate having half this board on ignore. You won’t be missing anything adding him to the crew. 

• Hook 'Em 7

16 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Herbstreit, 51, has been with ESPN for nearly three decades, and plays a huge part in both the network’s college football coverage in general and in “College GameDay.” 

Herbstreit actually had to cover the Ohio State-Clemson semifinal game in the College Football Playoff remotely after contracting the coronavirus.

How common is losing smell, taste with COVID-19?

Outside of the more serious symptoms connected to the coronavirus, a loss of taste and smell is one of the more common side effects of the virus since the pandemic began last year.

According to the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, up to 80% of people who have tested positive for the coronavirus have had “subjective complaints of smell or taste loss.”

The severity of smell and taste loss will differ between individuals — some have lost it completely while others only noticed minor changes — which makes it difficult to determine how widespread this symptom actually is. And, as smell is necessary to actually taste, the two symptoms are often connected, per the report.

It’s also unclear how long those symptoms last after recovering from the virus. Some regain it almost instantly while others, like Herbstreit, take much longer.

About 52% of adults in the United States are fully vaccinated against the coronavirus as of Tuesday night, and about 63% have received at least one dose, according to The New York Times. Vermont has fully vaccinated about 56% of its residents, the No. 1 state in the country, and Mississippi is last at about 27%.

https://sports.yahoo.com/espn-kirk-herbstreit-cant-smell-taste-after-coronavirus-covid19-pandemic-diagnosis-225142935.html

I didn't think it would get any easier for him to tongue Ohio State's asshole, but here we are. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, closetojumping said:

How the fuck does this idiot have as much rep as he has? I’ve never read a post from him and thought: “I’m glad I read that.” 

It is a constant barrage of equivocating for Ohio State, whining about hot women, saying stupid shit about food, and generally just being uninteresting and depressing with his posts. Seriously, who are the fucking idiots on this site giving insipid nonentities like this positive reinforcement for his posts? 

If you ever have to ask this question there is only one answer, and it’s not his or her hot takes on the ATP tennis thread. 

21 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’d guess most of his likes are from posting in the cloak room

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I wish the cloak room was never added to this site when we moved over from Surly. 

No, but I think it should be utilized as a roach motel for posters.  You can post in cloak room but then you’re locked out of the rest of surely.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

He posts liberal shit on the clock room and argues for atheism on the daily Texan. It’s like a computer designed cheat code to get rep on this site. 
I know you celebrate having half this board on ignore. You won’t be missing anything adding him to the crew. 

Quit politicizing the football board/DT!!!!!

17 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Quit politicizing the football board/DT!!!!!

It’s the objectively true answer to his question. Same as people like Hugo. 
I guess the problematic use of the word shit maybe politicized it?  Mea Culpa. I used this not bc of the liberalism but because of his takes. They are insipid, shallow and vacuous. He’s a total waste of bandwidth on this board. Hugo posts too much by far but he is capable of being interesting and thoughtful. Buck is the guy who, in real life if you got caught in a room with him blockading you would be wise to gnaw through a limb to escape. 

• Haha 1

So, I just fast-forwarded to the last post on this thread. Without making me read the rest of this shit, is there some political reason for Herbstreit's take being shit beyond the obvious reason for Herbstreit's take being shit (i.e., you know, it's Herbstreit's take)?

Because I really don't want to overthink my reason for believing Herbstreit is full of shit. If it's just the usual reason (Herbstreit is full of shit because he's... you know... Herbstreit) that would save me a lot of time.

37 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

So, I just fast-forwarded to the last post on this thread. Without making me read the rest of this shit, is there some political reason for Herbstreit's take being shit beyond the obvious reason for Herbstreit's take being shit (i.e., you know, it's Herbstreit's take)?

Because I really don't want to overthink my reason for believing Herbstreit is full of shit. If it's just the usual reason (Herbstreit is full of shit because he's... you know... Herbstreit) that would save me a lot of time.

Just a typical “look at me” post from Herbie.  I don’t know about you but when I have a medical issue I don’t bother asking my physician I always go ask a bunch of losers on twitter what I should do for treatment.  I’m just glad he didn’t ask how he could get rid of his anal warts.