Kirk Herbstreit is a Douche Waffle

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Herbstreit said on radio this morning he's known SARK since he played at BYU... claims they are good friends.

With SARK now at TEXAS, and now we're headed to the SEC, the HORNS might see more positive comments headed our way...  

Interesting that this tweet was posted today 🤔

ESPN's dirty paws are all over the rise of the SEC and the TX/OU move.

The power of the backhanded compliment & the slight diss of non-SEC teams and with the unfounded hype for SEC teams that hurts/helps recruiting and cements the properties that ESPN broadcasts become the bullies of college football before breaking away to a collective group that ESPN owns the broadcast rights for...

The FCC should investigate the mofos at ESPN.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The power of the backhanded compliment & the slight diss of non-SEC teams and with the unfounded hype for SEC teams that hurts/helps recruiting and cements the properties that ESPN broadcasts become the bullies of college football before breaking away to a collective group that ESPN owns the broadcast rights for... The FCC should investigate the mofos at ESPN.

Maybe FOX should really step up their CFB game and fire Brando and Tillman.  Some type of combination of the BIG 10 plus PAC 10 could compete with the SEC and ESPN

• Hook 'Em 3

ESPN's dirty paws are all over the rise of the SEC and the TX/OU move.
The power of the backhanded compliment & the slight diss of non-SEC teams and with the unfounded hype for SEC teams that hurts/helps recruiting and cements the properties that ESPN broadcasts become the bullies of college football before breaking away to a collective group that ESPN owns the broadcast rights for...
The FCC should investigate the mofos at ESPN.

Investigate a media company for hyping their brand and product better than other media companies trying to do the same? Ok comrade..

I'm no fan of ESPN, (imo big noon is overall better than the current version of Gameday) but if the competition isnt serious about challenging the mouse at their weakest moment, who's fault is that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Herbie actually saying good things about TEXAS

Texas Football: Sky is the limit for Longhorns under Steve Sarkisian, says Kirk Herbstreit

by Dean Straka         5 hours ago

DALLAS — It's no secret that Steve Sarkisian's journey as a football coach came with twists and turns. Twenty-one years after he kickstarted his career as the quarterbacks coach at El Camino College in Southern California, the 47-year-old Sarkisian finds himself with one of the most prestigious coaching jobs in college football as the leader of the Texas Longhorns.

Coaching changes have been more common on the Forty Acres in recent times than Texas would prefer. Sarkisian became the third Texas head coach since the end of Mack Brown's run with the program when Sarkisian replaced Tom Herman at the start of the year. But five games into his debut season, Texas has perhaps found an identity under Sarkisian — or at least the makings of one — that it strove for but failed to achieve under previous regimes. Longtime ESPN college football analyst Kirk Herbstreit says it's a testament to both Sarkisian's development, and believes that the future could be brightest it has been at Texas in some time if Sarkisian keeps the team on its current trajectory.

"There’s nothing (Sarkisian) is doing that would really surprise me," Herbstreit told 247Sports Friday ahead of the Red River Showdown against Oklahoma. "I think when he went there, I was just excited knowing the potential at Texas and what he can bring as far as innovative thinking, not just as a play caller, but because of the programs he’s been around and the experience he has had. You learn from the good and the bad and I think now he is more of a finished product and ready to become a head coach in a very different way than maybe where he was at USC and Washington.”

"And the sky is the limit, man. The way they are going to recruit and the way that they eventually going to join the SEC — nothing against the 2021 team, but I think this will be a team that we’ll look at as a turning point of the Sark era. I think the future teams, the way he’s going to recruit and once his culture is established — if you’re a Texas fan, you should be excited about the future.”

In the time since a lopsided Week 2 loss at Arkansas, Texas has rebounded with three consecutive wins. The latest was a 32-27 win at TCU in Week 5, and Longhorns running back Bijan Robinson ran wild with a 216 yard, two touchdown rushing performance in the victory.

And already, the recruiting efforts by Sarkisian staff are being felt. The Longhorns picked up a massive commitment on Wednesday when Top247 wide receiver Brenen Thompson (Spearman, Texas) chose Texas, vaulting the Longhorns into the No. 2 spot in the 247Sports team rankings for the class of 2022. The Texas Panhandle speedster became the second wide receiver commit for Texas in the class, joining fellow four-star Armani Winfield from Lewisville (Texas).

At this point in the season, Texas ranks sixth nationally in scoring, fifth in rushing and 11th in passing efficiency. And as Sarkisian looks to be continue building an “All Gas No Brakes” powerhouse, this recruiting class seems to get him a step closer. Thompson adds to a haul that already includes perhaps the best running back duo in the country in speeders Jamarion Miller and Jaydon Blue. These three along with true freshman Xavier Worthy give Sarkisian and that offense several guys that can outrun a defense from anywhere on the field.

Sarkisian and the Longhorns go for the biggest win yet of his tenure when No. 21 Texas and No. 6 Oklahoma clash Saturday morning at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. 

Steve Wiltfong contributed to this report

On 8/29/2021 at 1:04 PM, Vic Mackey said:
On 8/28/2021 at 11:44 PM, DougO said:
Tired of seeing The Herpies Awards on the TV grid all the time now. Who's watching that shit?

I've never heard of them until this year. Has this always been a thing?

Yea, there really isn’t a cure you can only manage symptoms

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2021 at 8:15 PM, LTtxfan said:

Herbie actually saying good things about TEXAS

Texas Football: Sky is the limit for Longhorns under Steve Sarkisian, says Kirk Herbstreit

by Dean Straka         5 hours ago

On 10/9/2021 at 12:25 AM, Doc Reeves said:

That maniacal devil. He’s trying to jinx us.

Narrator: It worked.

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Carry the "include FSU" to its logical conclusion. Imagine there is a "We are Marshall" type plane crash as teams are flying home from games on championship weekend. Should a "deserving" team be included even if all of the scholarship players and previous coaches would be watching from their eternal reward? FSU deserves nothing. The rubric spelled this situation out, was published and uncontested prior to the injury, and was followed. FSU is just one more team that won't be hoisting the trophy in January, and fortunately we are not wasting a playoff spot to see that embarrassingly proven (and all the while taking a chance that the team that would if included have won out sat at home). 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, markstanco said:

He’s not wrong. But I don’t think it’s right. FSU should be 3 and Texas 4. But can’t leave out the secsecsec so they got screwed.

It's an unfair system and someone had to get screwed. I think it hurts more to lose a QB like FSU did than it means to play in the sec. 

I don't get why people think FSU is the same team with a backup qb. They lost a lot when they lost Travis. 

26 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

FSU beats UGA and they have a great chance of winning the Coaches Poll. But I think even FSU fans know they aren't beating Georgia so best just to bitch on social media.

When they lose by four touchdowns they will light up the "didn't want to be there since we got screwed" candle.

39 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

When they lose by four touchdowns they will light up the "didn't want to be there since we got screwed" candle.

It's going to be the "We Didn't Want To Be There" Bowl for both teams.  If we had nothing better to do, we could probably get great tickets on the 50 yard line for $25.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

It's an unfair system and someone had to get screwed. I think it hurts more to lose a QB like FSU did than it means to play in the sec. 

I don't get why people think FSU is the same team with a backup qb. They lost a lot when they lost Travis. 

Very unfair, and the goalposts get moved.  Last year, did TCU deserve to be in over bama?  Probably.  But were they the better team?  Absolutely not. 

Maybe they are doing odd years = best teams and even years = most deserving. Clown show. 

5 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Very unfair, and the goalposts get moved.  Last year, did TCU deserve to be in over bama?  Probably.  But were they the better team?  Absolutely not. 

Maybe they are doing odd years = best teams and even years = most deserving. Clown show. 

Well maybe they should get rid of this system and institute an expanded playoff then?

Complaining about it when we will never do it this way again is odd.

Edited by Valmy77

On 12/13/2023 at 10:26 PM, markstanco said:

He’s not wrong. But I don’t think it’s right. FSU should be 3 and Texas 4. But can’t leave out the secsecsec so they got screwed.

Yeah, if Georgia had won, it would have been the four undefeated conference champions, and we'd be out.

It's really crazy what the Bama win over Georgia meant for the Texas program.  Had Georgia won the SEC, we'd be looking at a meaningless bowl, we'd have a TON of opt-outs, we'd be bitching about how the entire season slipped away on a last-second loss just like 2008.

Instead, we're killing it on the recruiting trail, and we might have the best all-around sales pitch in the nation right now - a playoff team, NIL money, first-class academics, moving to the SEC, a coaching staff that's about to put a shit ton of guys into the NFL, etc.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1