Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

No! No, no, not 7!  I said 6.  Nobody's comin' up with 7g.  Who is going to need 7g?  Your brain won't even be able to absorb data that quickly.

6 is the key number here. Think about it. 6-shooters. 6 ... 19 is the San Diego area code. 6, man, that's the number. 6 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.  Because you’re fucking fired!

Someone needs to shop Lindsey and dotards's faces into this

SomeWiltedBorzoi-size_restricted.gif

I'm not MENSA, but one would think this is the sort of thing you'd track down before enacting an executive action.  

Do you think that would have changed the equation? I’m sure it was mentioned and I see no reason why he would care. You think he has to have wall?

All he really needs is to be constantly fighting to get wall.
  • Like 2

Right now, Laura Ingraham and guests on Fox News are talking about the "Fight Over Obama Library."

That's the important news that's being delivered to roughly half the country right now.  Nothing else going on, Deep South.  Can you believe what that Kenyan Muslim did now?  The balls on that ni-, um, guy.

We are so, so fucked.

Edited by TexArcher

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I love Rachel for what she's done, but her show is an absolute beating.

I watched the whole thing for the info that came out of their  Bagmen podcast. It was good info but damn! She repeats and repeats the same thing over then moves to the reveal. It is maddening. I am sure it is a chick thing and I probably do it, but I am not a news anchor with millions watching.

18 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I watched the whole thing for the info that came out of their  Bagmen podcast. It was good info but damn! She repeats and repeats the same thing over then moves to the reveal. It is maddening. I am sure it is a chick thing and I probably do it, but I am not a news anchor with millions watching.

Maddow is on another level when it comes to circling around the tangential repeatedly before getting to the real point.  She mostly does solid work and when she puts a piece together it's usually airtight.  Partisan as shit, sure, but she never spews untruth.   

It might be a chick thing but she does it on another scale.  The quarterback play from 2009 to 2015 and Maddow teasing the reveal are the only times I've truly come close to putting a boot through the television.  If she were a magician the rabbit would just starve and decompose in the hat.    

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

It’s maddening, and to me, it makes her unwatchable. I tried one night maybe a year ago when some big story broke, and she teased some particular fact/analysis. Watched, and her delay delay forever then late reveal fucking annoyed me to the point of disgust. Haven’t watched her since. I figure if she has anything truly special to say, I’ll read about it later. I haven’t seen much I needed to read.

JFC, it's a much bigger beating listening to all the "get to the point!" bitching than watching her show when she's doing what you're describing. Stop watching or stop bitching.

I don't watch all that often but I occasionally check in. I think it was Thursday and Friday last week where she had a story and got right to the point. When she's got a good topic, it's a great show. Sometimes she doesn't have as much of a story and leads with some historical background that may be relevant to her main topic. The main topic can't always fill a whole hour of air time five nights a week. It's not like she's John Oliver who only has to come up with 30 minutes once a week not counting a three month vacation. Don't like it? Tune out. 

From what I've seen, her show can be fairly amorphous depending on the news of the day. Sometimes she has to ditch the script because of breaking news. Sometimes she'll have live coverage of events in progress. Sometimes she tells a story. Sometimes she has interesting guests to interview. Sometimes her show is more newsy, just covering some of the day's major events.

If I tune in and I don't find whatever she's talking about to be interesting or enlightening, I don't get upset, I just tune out. Sometimes her show is awesome. Sometimes it's not. I think it's unreasonable to expect a home run five nights a week for however many months a year she works. (I'll bet she's not taking even three months off total, let alone all at once.)

Try tuning into Fox News instead and maybe Rachel won't seem so bad. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Donald Trump violently raped and slapped a 13 year old girl at one of Jeffrey Epstein's Pedo Parties in 1994:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/316341058/Donald-Trump-Jeffrey-Epstein-Rape-Lawsuit-and-Affidavits

There are more accusations than just this one.  Wonder how many are blonds? 

22 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Yep, if you can't put country over party by now, you're irredeemably traitorous. 

Trump could take a dump on the Constitution and wipe his ass with the flag and these scumbags wouldn't bat an eye.  So long as there isn't a"lib" in the White House nothing else matters.

Half my family voted for Trump and a lot of them still support him.  In person and in a context devoid of politics they are nice people.  The kind that pull over when they see a car broken down on the side of the road.  But fuck, they are goddammed stupid with regards to Trump and politics in general.

”Well, I do wish he were more presidential.  And I wish he didn’t tweeter the first gawldanged thing that pops into his head, but he’s doing a lot of necessary things that no one else would have the cojones to do...”

”Like what?”

”Well, like securing our border, I reckon.”

”Our border has always been a leaky bucket. What’s changed?”

”Oh, these wetbacks are just meaner, I guess.  And more of ‘em..”

”So there is violence then?  People here are getting hurt?”

”Oh, well, someone got killed out in California.  And someone broke into the Simpton’s ranch house and took some food.  There’s a caravan of 2000 of them over in Piedras.”

”I see.”

* uncomfortable silence *

”We should probably talk about something else.”

”Yeah, You been out fishin’ lately?”

Most have lived on the border their whole lives but are sudddenly terrified of illegals, opting to drive around the ranch with assault rifles in case the dam breaks.  They seem confused as to why I don’t share their terror, and I’m confused as to why they are so terrified.  There hasn’t been any real change in the context around us — there is the same steady flow of illegal aliens norrhward that there always was.

The only change in context is that they’ve been drinking from the Rush/Fox firehose for the past 15 years.  Makes me wonder if they are truly irredeemable or just caught up in a mass brainwashing.  Would they return to normal if removed from the influence of the conservative cult of fear and hate?

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

JFC, it's a much bigger beating listening to all the "get to the point!" bitching than watching her show when she's doing what you're describing. Stop watching or stop bitching.

Ah but when we bitch we get it over with in a matter of seconds instead of drawing it out over 45 minutes and four commercial breaks. 

If you'd like we can deliver our bitching with more introductory exposition, rhetorical questions, dramatic pauses, and self satisfied smirks. Then maybe you'll find it more palatable. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Donald Trump violently raped and slapped a 13 year old girl at one of Jeffrey Epstein's Pedo Parties in 1994:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/316341058/Donald-Trump-Jeffrey-Epstein-Rape-Lawsuit-and-Affidavits

Yeah but Obama is black and once wore a tan suit. So what’s your point? 

2 hours ago, Goredho said:

Half my family voted for Trump and a lot of them still support him.  In person and in a context devoid of politics they are nice people.  The kind that pull over when they see a car broken down on the side of the road.  ...

Goes on to describe horribly racist armed xenophobes

Not attacking you, I could have written the same thing about my brother.   I think the important thing is to challenge their world view, not change the subject.  I do that with my brother and try to just keep it non personally confrontational and proceed to verbally whip his ass talking point by talking point.   Taking away Trump supporters safe space is the best way to challenge Trumpism.   Just letting propaganda go unchallenged is not my style...  Plus the look on his face when he realizes he just said some stupid shit is priceless.   Never forget Obama is going to take your guns....lulz

• Like 4

My favorite retort to a Trumpkin spewing their bullshit: "Is that what Fox news told you to think today?"  Typically stops them in their tracks for a few seconds while their feeble minds process what I asked them, then the parroting resumes in full force. 

Edited by MissingInAction