Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

38 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Is he talking about the oranges???

Looks like they’re going with the Dossier origin story conspiracy theory.  Which is an absurd theory when you actually think about it:

So the plan from the beginning was for Hillary and the democrats to fund this fake opposition research project, which was originally commissioned by republicans and later largely proved mostly accurate, to inspire an FBI investigation into Trump’s Russia ties.  However, they kept all this information secret before the election because they thought Hillary was going to win anyway despite the FBI going out of its way to hurt Hillary as a candidate.  An effort Trump praised Comey for but later fired over as a coverup story because Comey was investigating Trump-Russia connections.  

Of course this was all part of the democrats master plan to get Sessions to recuse himself so Mueller could be appointed special counsel and hire 13 angry democrats to go on a fake witch hunt that amounted to the indictments of Trump’s campaign manager, personal attorney, deputy campaign manager, foreign policy adviser, National Security adviser, long time political adviser, and two dozen Russians for crimes related to the Kremlin’s 2016 attack on American democracy.  An attack that didn’t happen according to Trump because Putin told him it didn’t happen and he trusts him.

You see, Trump is the real victim here.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 4

I’m literally sitting on my sofa with one of those animals right now. She brought over samosas and basmati rice, so I guess she’s an animal that can cook. Pretty cool.

I’ve got an animal in my house today. She came here to clean my floors and scrub my bathrooms, all for $100. And she brought me a 1/2 dozen tamales that she made herself.

Should I be frightened?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Don't know how many of you know who Victor Davis Hanson is, and Levin is no friend of the left but some may find this interesting.

I enjoyed his Carnage and Culture, and his debates with Jared Diamond (author of 'Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies'), but he is the classic example of a smart guy who sees things and draws conclusions from his mastery of minutia in his sphere, but who is incapable of seeing bigger pictures in things outside of his expertise.  

In his Carnage and Culture last chapters about Vietnam he goes off the rails, and he can't apply  his theory about why Rome was successful in the day to the US and Vietnam war in the 60s as convincingly.   He is good at coming up with  historical broad brush arguments to explain why the West triumphed over the East (I agree with much of his conclusions).  But those same broad bush statements  - like the civil rights acts made everyone equal- do not serve him well in modern times, and show his abject failure to understand the most basic facts of the subject he is opining about.

Again, simple broad brush statements will  appeal to the Trumpkin set.  And a smart white guy who wrote some good books will allow them to say that blacks should quit whining and stealing meh jorbs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Trump can be very good when wants to be. I doubt if any of this made CNN or MSNBC.

Of course you doubt that it made it to CNN.  VAN FUCKING JONES was gushing praise all over Trump for making strides on prison reform.  He even worked on the issue with the legislators.  I saw that running for several days OFTEN on CNN and NO ONE said anything negative about this measure.

Of course you don’t believe what is obviously verified truth.  You don’t even believe that 9/11 wasn’t at least partially an inside job.  Until one year ago on TOS, you claim to have been totally unaware of what the “Sandy Hook Massacre” was.

So, maybe, and I’m spitballing here, you are either completely obtuse and ignorant OR you are neither and are simply trolling.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Nope said:

This will be someone’s campaign ad, guaranteed

13 hours ago, Nope said:

Yeah, using his own words in context is especially dishonest 

7 hours ago, horncyclist said:

Bingo. Juxtapose with family separation images and kids in cages. We need to decide who we are as a country. I hope we are not who Trump believes we are. 

5 hours ago, retread said:

For the 40%, cruelty is a feature, not a bug.

5 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Carlineo told the FBI that he is a patriot, "loves the president and that he hates radical Muslims in our government," the criminal complaint says.

Quoting retread: For the 40%, cruelty is a feature, not a bug.

This will all be used for Trump not against him. For the fainter of heart Trumpists, you've got Dolemite and the chorus singing lies about ending corruption, the virtue of the salty sailor outsider, and how we just don't understand the great man. Add a generous dollop of calling the media, Dems, the federal justice system, and the Clintons enemies of the state and you have a vomit sandwich that many will acclaim.

We gotta get white men out of government for ten years.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

I’ve got an animal in my house today. She came here to clean my floors and scrub my bathrooms, all for $100. And she brought me a 1/2 dozen tamales that she made herself.

Should I be frightened?

I don't know what the solution to the immigration issue is, but I have long despised characterizing persons like you describe as evil. In my young days I worked a lot of outdoor, blue collar jobs with guys who barely spoke English.

They worked hard. They lived cheap. They sent money to their families. They didn't harm anyone.

That's the best kind of man. Same goes for the women who work in homes across the nation.

We're not spitting out evil by sending them away. The evil is in the vile language used to falsely portray them.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He didn't have time to campaign much because rage tweeting during explosive cheeseburger shits is more important to him than supporting the party he hijacked.  

If you're a conservative and you still support this guy, you're a rube.  Hell, Republicans should be even more pissed off at him than the rest of us.

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

I enjoyed his Carnage and Culture, and his debates with Jared Diamond (author of 'Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies'), but he is the classic example of a smart guy who sees things and draws conclusions from his mastery of minutia in his sphere, but who is incapable of seeing bigger pictures in things outside of his expertise.  

In his Carnage and Culture last chapters about Vietnam he goes off the rails, and he can't apply  his theory about why Rome was successful in the day to the US and Vietnam war in the 60s as convincingly.   He is good at coming up with  historical broad brush arguments to explain why the West triumphed over the East (I agree with much of his conclusions).  But those same broad bush statements  - like the civil rights acts made everyone equal- do not serve him well in modern times, and show his abject failure to understand the most basic facts of the subject he is opining about.

Again, simple broad brush statements will  appeal to the Trumpkin set.  And a smart white guy who wrote some good books will allow them to say that blacks should quit whining and stealing meh jorbs

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/the-classicist-who-sees-donald-trump-as-a-tragic-hero/amp

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

If a politician's supporters don't care that he acts with no dignity, no grace, exhibits almost no intellect, and is incapable of telling the truth the vast majority of the time, that tells me everything I need to know about them.  They are bad people.  They can't do the ethical math and come to the conclusion that, even if the ends justify the means, at some point one has to recognize that either those ends are malicious or that they got lucky, and either way it's not a sustainable process if one is actually interested in what is good and right.  And, in Trump's case, the ends never justify the means, because he never gets anything done, with the single exception of sowing division. 

As I said, if that's your goal, you are a bad person, just like Trump.

JJ, do you think we have massive problems to fix, I mean massive enough to threaten our existence as a country or do you generally feel that everything is/would be OK, not better, but OK if only Trump were to leave?

I feel like we have massive, massive problems that threaten our existence. If we can't agree on that then I see where the disconnect is. 

Edited by Dolemite

I just wanted to thank you again for saving my life.

She saved your life? 

I had Wind Cancer. 

Wind Cancer! 

Edited by Lobo

54 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

JJ, do you think we have massive problems to fix, I mean massive enough to threaten our existence as a country or do you generally feel that everything is/would be OK, not better, but OK if only Trump were to leave?

I feel like we have massive, massive problems that threaten our existence. If we can't agree on that then I see where the disconnect is. 

I think we have problems.  I think you and I would probably disagree a great deal on what those problems are. 

4 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

OK, you don't think we have massive problems which I thought maybe the case so I get it now.

Thanks for the reply.

The definition of "massive" is subjective.  I'm not @Anastasis, I don't think there is an undercurrent within our government trying to bring us down.  I do think we are too beholden to corporations and I do think our politicians tend to favor donors more than their constituents far too often.  I also think there are shades of grey, and #bothsides is a joke.

I also think Trump and the Republican party by extension have fucked us 6 ways from Sunday in terms of destroying much of what remained that actually made this country great.  I suspect you disagree.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I just wanted to thank you again for saving my life.

She saved your life? 

I had Wind Cancer. 

Wind Cancer! 

Were the Democrats smart, they'd turn "wind cancer"  into a meme.  Just repeat it over and over.   It's something so  absurd, so profoundly stupid on its face,  that even the simplest of  voters can understand it. I can see the commercial:

Linda calls her sister:  "Mary, I'm afraid I have some bad news."

Mary:  "What?  It's about dad, isn't it?"

Linda:  "Yes.  We just got back from the doctor."

Mary:  "Oh, no!"

Linda:  "Yes, I'm afraid he has wind cancer."

Mary:  "What did I say to him when he moved in down the road from that windmill?  I said, 'Dad, you better be careful.  President Trump says that the wind causes cancer.'  Remember?  That's what I told him."

Linda:  "I remember. Dad should have listened to President Trump."

Commentator voice-over:  "Don't go outdoors.  The wind is more dangerous than you know."

Clip of Trump making his claim about the wind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There was a MAGA hat-wearing old dude in our neighborhood in Oakland today. He was standing in/on the median waving at cars. He definitely chose the right area of Oakland to do this as we have an abundance of over 50 hippies. It would have been a different outcome if he posted up in West Oakland or down by 77th-90th Avenues.

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Were the Democrats smart, they'd turn "wind cancer"  into a meme.  Just repeat it over and over.   It's something so  absurd, so profoundly stupid on its face,  that even the simplest of  voters can understand it. I can see the commercial:

Mary:  "What did I say to him when he moved in down the road from that windmill?  I said, 'Dad, you better be careful.  President Trump says that the wind causes cancer.'  Remember?  That's what I told him."

Commentator voice-over:  "Don't go outdoors.  The wind is more dangerous than you know."

That's not a bad idea.  So many of the Seinfeld cast hate Trump.  You have Dr. Sitarides make a pretend PSA about the dangers of Wind Cancer.  Jerry does the "Wind Cancer, doh!" bit.  Kramer would really be the Trump character in this whole thing, "Mr. President, shouldn't you leave cancer diagnosis to the oncologists?"  Then Trump as Dr. Van Nostrand chimes in, "Now why would I, a Juliard trained meteorologist send a patient somewhere else regarding Wind Cancer?"  

Only thing we gotta figure out is how to work in the meat slicer.  Maybe something to do with how a wind turbine kinda looks like a meat slicer?  I dunno.  

But you are right, our joking aside, "Wind Cancer" is just simple enough that even his most basic base would say, "Yeah, I dunno...that doesn't sound right.  We grew up with a windmill and ain't go no cancer.  Now toss me a cancer stick and a lighter."  

Edited by Lobo

2 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

wind cancer awareness ribbon is sky blue