2019 Sugar Bowl - Texas vs. Georgia

satyanash

2 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

Who's to say that us playing bama would be a rout 66. We own those overrated shitbags. 7-1-1. Only loss is because of Colt's freak injury. And we almost won that one. With Sam at the helm we fuckstomp Bama. Tradition.

Agree. My point was comparing how good was our real win to how bad OU’s real loss, not speculating about how things might have played out if we’d been matched up differently. I am more than happy but don’t know that gooner fans necessarily are right now.

1 hour ago, Wishbone said:

Pretty sure I read something from Smart saying his team was fired up and looking forward to facing Texas in the Sugar Bowl in the post game interviews, and got  beat in nearly every facet of the game. I remember that because I thought that was solid of him. Don’t ask for a link though, paraphrasing from (at that time) a potentially liquid aftermath memory.

I watched some of the Bulldog Network (whatever it's called) post game of Smart and their QB.  The reporters were throwing up some softball questions about "bad breaks' or "bad luck" and he corrected them and said this thing and that thing were preventable and "were on us."  He owned it.  The QB said he was confused by all of the shifting around and different looks he saw. Then I closed the browser.  But I generally thought they were straight up honest and didn't bullshit.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Just watched the replay on LHN. Could they have called running into the kicker on Dicker’s missed field goal? Couldn’t see the whole play but it looked like they ran I to his follow through leg and then were picking him up off the ground when they went back to him.

that was the holder they ran in to .

10 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

That's the ESPN mindfuck that has tainted college football. They send top recruits to the SEC by the bus loads. 

But this time that hype bit Georgia.  It is one thing to see LJH, CJ and SE on film and think to yourself "i can handle them"  VY in person and VY on TV were not the same person.

But to watch game film and not be prepared to get hit hard and constant is something else. It is funny how often the brain is willing to override what they eyes see for something the ears have been told.  I guess we all want to belive e are special......

But if you watched any Texas film, it is very obvious that there are several on our secondary that are not the greatest at covering people, but they all will lay some serious wood...

I guess we can thank ESPN. Between playing up Georgia as the "should have been" the 4th playoff team and all their conference games as tougher then playing Texas, confused Georgia and they though all those gifs they have been seeing of sooners jumping gator rolling Texas players was part of game film this year... 

I can see how Georgia got punched in the mouth and never recovered...  can you imagine being the #1 UFC contender putting on a charity event vs Taylor Swift and she hit you in the jaw as hard as you've ever been hit before as soon as the ref said "fight".  And that was just setting the tone, because she has every intention of going toe to toe in a slugfest in which she hits like a young Mike Tyson.  You get a chance to clear the cobwebs in your head at the first bell and decide to take it to the ground before she knocks your dazed ass out. You go for the choke just to find yourself in an arm bar you miraculously survived... She has you there too... she has more weapons than you. That was something Georgia did not fathom and it fucked in the head...

There is no doubt Georgia haf more talent across the board and they knew it. They knew LJH, CJ and Sam would all make some plays... They did not expect them to make plays at will...  And there wasn't much they could adjust to, because they did not realize there are others on the Texas team that are very talented.

Georgia came in motivated and planning on making a statement at Texas expense...  you don't waste the time running your neck leading into the game if you don't care. They would've folded and gotten blown out if they their heart wasn't in it.  Their issue was taking Texas serious. That was the problem the coaching staff had early in proctice. They never fixed that so Georgia came into the game believing their own hype... They planned on taking away our two recievers and slapping Sam down everytime he thought he was going to take off. They planned on running the ball down our throat over and over again...   The Jokes during practice were probably golden...

But thanks to ESPN, they competely forgot they did not blow out OU the prior year. Nor did they shut out OU. They completely missed or forgot this Texas team beat OU earlier in the year in what should have been a blowout. Another OU team lead by a Hiesman QB...  The fact that this Texas defense showed it had the ability within itself to shut down an OU offense that was  even better than the one that dropped 48 on them and almost beat them, or the Texas offense dropped virtually identical points in regular time on the OU defense their offense did the year prior should have been enough of a red flag to shake them out of their own mindfuck...

Instead the Georgia defense came out knowing it was going to be the first of many 3 and outs in a long night for Texas. Instead Texas walked down the field at will on their defense that knew it wasn't caught flat footed. It wasn't because Texas hit a big play. Texas had just manhandled them and they were every bit as motivated as they were when they played Alabama... They didn't expect Texas to be very physical at all, much less be able to actually manhandle them...  They didn't expect their cover guys to be little more than an annoyance to those two when catching or running with the ball...  they expected to push our entire OL right into Sam's lap just to find they were being moved out of the way themselves. They were completely unprepared for Texas to throw the ball to any other person outside of our big two. None of them ever played against Tebow so the thought of a QB shrugging off the tackle, much less run them over time and time again was a "whatever" notion.  And somehow the Georgia defense slept on us even having runningbacks on the roster. Everytime someone not named Sam carried the ball out of the backfield, they were slow to react as if the concept was unheard of.

The Georgia offense had as high of expectations as the defense and suffered the same fate...  They obviously thought "no defense" meant there wasn't going to be any Texas players on the field.  Expecting one of the softest, weakest defenses of the P5s they faced all year,  instead they ran into a Texas defense that was the stoutest one they had seen all year. They expected to Cleveland steamroll our DL, but ran into a buzzsaw of bodies every bit as strong as them I'm not saying our D is better than Bama's, but for Georgia it was that night. Their bread and butter power run was stuffed right out of the gate. They couldn't prevent bodies from pressuring the qb,. Their recievers expected to push our secondary around. instead our cover guys were more physical and stronger then they were, who had no issue laying a hit on them.  From time to time a Georgia player would lay a good hit, trying to establish Georgia as the physical team, just to get it back (or his mates) 2fold a few plays later...

Georgia's O was done when Texas stuffed their run game that first series...  it wasn't a fluke that stopped them. It was a more physical Texas defense they did not have a clue existed...  

Just like their silly little doggy, they thought they were going to pet some cow just to find themselves trying to keep from getting murdered by a 1600 lb snorthing, ground shaking, belowing longhorned beast who decided it's had enough...   Georgia will come out better for it and will take it out on aggy.

That would be love at first fight for @texifornia

Image result for taylor swift gif

What we did to that doggy (actually happy that the doggy didn't get hurt).

Image result for uga bulldog gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

That's the ESPN mindfuck that has tainted college football. They send top recruits to the SEC by the bus loads. 

But this time that hype bit Georgia.  It is one thing to see LJH, CJ and SE on film and think to yourself "i can handle them"  VY in person and VY on TV were not the same person.

But to watch game film and not be prepared to get hit hard and constant is something else. It is funny how often the brain is willing to override what they eyes see for something the ears have been told.  I guess we all want to belive e are special......

But if you watched any Texas film, it is very obvious that there are several on our secondary that are not the greatest at covering people, but they all will lay some serious wood...

I guess we can thank ESPN. Between playing up Georgia as the "should have been" the 4th playoff team and all their conference games as tougher then playing Texas, confused Georgia and they though all those gifs they have been seeing of sooners jumping gator rolling Texas players was part of game film this year... 

I can see how Georgia got punched in the mouth and never recovered...  can you imagine being the #1 UFC contender putting on a charity event vs Taylor Swift and she hit you in the jaw as hard as you've ever been hit before as soon as the ref said "fight".  And that was just setting the tone, because she has every intention of going toe to toe in a slugfest in which she hits like a young Mike Tyson.  You get a chance to clear the cobwebs in your head at the first bell and decide to take it to the ground before she knocks your dazed ass out. You go for the choke just to find yourself in an arm bar you miraculously survived... She has you there too... she has more weapons than you. That was something Georgia did not fathom and it fucked in the head...

There is no doubt Georgia haf more talent across the board and they knew it. They knew LJH, CJ and Sam would all make some plays... They did not expect them to make plays at will...  And there wasn't much they could adjust to, because they did not realize there are others on the Texas team that are very talented.

Georgia came in motivated and planning on making a statement at Texas expense...  you don't waste the time running your neck leading into the game if you don't care. They would've folded and gotten blown out if they their heart wasn't in it.  Their issue was taking Texas serious. That was the problem the coaching staff had early in proctice. They never fixed that so Georgia came into the game believing their own hype... They planned on taking away our two recievers and slapping Sam down everytime he thought he was going to take off. They planned on running the ball down our throat over and over again...   The Jokes during practice were probably golden...

But thanks to ESPN, they competely forgot they did not blow out OU the prior year. Nor did they shut out OU. They completely missed or forgot this Texas team beat OU earlier in the year in what should have been a blowout. Another OU team lead by a Hiesman QB...  The fact that this Texas defense showed it had the ability within itself to shut down an OU offense that was  even better than the one that dropped 48 on them and almost beat them, or the Texas offense dropped virtually identical points in regular time on the OU defense their offense did the year prior should have been enough of a red flag to shake them out of their own mindfuck...

Instead the Georgia defense came out knowing it was going to be the first of many 3 and outs in a long night for Texas. Instead Texas walked down the field at will on their defense that knew it wasn't caught flat footed. It wasn't because Texas hit a big play. Texas had just manhandled them and they were every bit as motivated as they were when they played Alabama... They didn't expect Texas to be very physical at all, much less be able to actually manhandle them...  They didn't expect their cover guys to be little more than an annoyance to those two when catching or running with the ball...  they expected to push our entire OL right into Sam's lap just to find they were being moved out of the way themselves. They were completely unprepared for Texas to throw the ball to any other person outside of our big two. None of them ever played against Tebow so the thought of a QB shrugging off the tackle, much less run them over time and time again was a "whatever" notion.  And somehow the Georgia defense slept on us even having runningbacks on the roster. Everytime someone not named Sam carried the ball out of the backfield, they were slow to react as if the concept was unheard of.

The Georgia offense had as high of expectations as the defense and suffered the same fate...  They obviously thought "no defense" meant there wasn't going to be any Texas players on the field.  Expecting one of the softest, weakest defenses of the P5s they faced all year,  instead they ran into a Texas defense that was the stoutest one they had seen all year. They expected to Cleveland steamroll our DL, but ran into a buzzsaw of bodies every bit as strong as them I'm not saying our D is better than Bama's, but for Georgia it was that night. Their bread and butter power run was stuffed right out of the gate. They couldn't prevent bodies from pressuring the qb,. Their recievers expected to push our secondary around. instead our cover guys were more physical and stronger then they were, who had no issue laying a hit on them.  From time to time a Georgia player would lay a good hit, trying to establish Georgia as the physical team, just to get it back (or his mates) 2fold a few plays later...

Georgia's O was done when Texas stuffed their run game that first series...  it wasn't a fluke that stopped them. It was a more physical Texas defense they did not have a clue existed...  

Just like their silly little doggy, they thought they were going to pet some cow just to find themselves trying to keep from getting murdered by a 1600 lb snorthing, ground shaking, belowing longhorned beast who decided it's had enough...   Georgia will come out better for it and will take it out on aggy.

i made it to the taylor swift is texas part. lay off the drugs, buddy.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 1:32 PM, Happy Gilmore said:

That's an insult to Matt Leinart. He's a d-bag but might as well hear from the bench players too because that's about the same impact Nauta had on the game. Though the water boy could stake a claim of doing more. 

Hey, waterboy.  You're girlfriend gonna bail you out this time?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Only making the comparison to Georgia's view of Texas pre game....  0 respect, to the point of almost...not quite... aggy level.   They expected a bunvh of pussies

57 minutes ago, Gaffords said:

Anybody got the Cliff's Notes on this wall of words?

22 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I think it was more like they (Georgia) had been convinced Texas was Taylor Swift.  Little different.

About the drugs, yeah, he's got 'em and they're good.

20 hours ago, Beer Drinker said:

Just rewatched for the third time, first time to watch halfass sober.  Joseph Ossai played a hell of a game.  We need to quit running the fucking option.... hasn’t worked all year.  Substitute it with the LJH screen pass for 10 yards and then let the O-line push him for another 10, that one does not suck.

Oassai set the tone  on defense, imo. I think he was the first guy to lay a lick on Swift for no gain. 

I watched some of the Bulldog Network (whatever it's called) post game of Smart and their QB.  The reporters were throwing up some softball questions about "bad breaks' or "bad luck" and he corrected them and said this thing and that thing were preventable and "were on us."  He owned it.  The QB said he was confused by all of the shifting around and different looks he saw. Then I closed the browser.  But I generally thought they were straight up honest and didn't bullshit.

I’ve told multiple people that if you want to listen to how a post game “we got our asses kicked and I’m going to own it” pc should be handled with class then they need to listen to Kirby’s after the game. No excuses, not anything other than credit to Texas. Class act.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gaffords said:

I agree 

Georgia thought they could just come in and play their normal game and win. No need to adjust for Texas. No need to scheme. They got SEC athletes and Texas doesn't.

It's the same thing ou thought in the first matchup. They expected to just out-talent us and didn't expect to get a fight. They took us much more seriously in the 2nd matchup but we still would have beaten them had we executed better (and had neutral refs).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

That would be love at first fight for @texifornia

Image result for taylor swift gif

What we did to that doggy (actually happy that the doggy didn't get hurt).

Image result for uga bulldog gif

You would think for a University that makes a fortune off football, they could do better than an $80 kennel and a $20 fan for their mascot.

Edited by texaslong
  • Like 1

MrWizard?

86eaa809018b71e2936cd0251644ebc0.gif
  • Like 1

I fondly remember watching so many games in the stadium on alumni band week watching that old guy launch those batons easily 80+ feet into the air, and usually catching them clean on the way down.

I also remember the smoke show female baton girl who basically spent something like 8 years in the band getting a doctorate degree.   

I thought I read on either shaggy or even as far back as hornfans that she married a Longhorn cattle rancher.

56 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

I fondly remember watching so many games in the stadium on alumni band week watching that old guy launch those batons easily 80+ feet into the air, and usually catching them clean on the way down.

I also remember the smoke show female baton girl who basically spent something like 8 years in the band getting a doctorate degree.   

I thought I read on either shaggy or even as far back as hornfans that she married a Longhorn cattle rancher.

I fondly remember her too. Ideally, with pics.

17 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Fuck that.  Wanting to be there is part of the game.  Wanting to be there is part of what makes a good team.  You don't get to take traits of good teams, like physicality, Xs and Os,  ala carte and leave others, like desire, behind.  You don't get to claim you're a good team except for the wanting to be there part.  Good teams get past that shit.  Fuck 'em.  The better team won.  Would we always be the better team 10 out of 10 tries, maybe not.  But we were better when it counted and anyone who tries to "if, and, but..." that can fuck right off.

This shit right here.

And let's not forget how we were being told before the game that Georgia was all pumped up to make a statement in this game after being denied a playoff shot. They were plenty motivated coming in, and they made their statement alright.

11 hours ago, texaslong said:

You would think for a University that makes a fortune off football, they could do better than an $80 kennel and a $20 fan for their mascot.

i've spent a lifetime doing design work, and my basic take is you can spend a small fortune trying to come up with something to replace an old, tried-and-true design and come up with largely nothing.  if that transport crate and fan do the job, why try to outdo it?

20 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Fuck that.  Wanting to be there is part of the game.  Wanting to be there is part of what makes a good team.  You don't get to take traits of good teams, like physicality, Xs and Os,  ala carte and leave others, like desire, behind.  You don't get to claim you're a good team except for the wanting to be there part.  Good teams get past that shit.  Fuck 'em.  The better team won.  Would we always be the better team 10 out of 10 tries, maybe not.  But we were better when it counted and anyone who tries to "if, and, but..." that can fuck right off.

had earl campbell had all those good traits but not the desire he had, nobody today would know who he was.

10 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

She and her husband sit in front of me at home games. They are great people and have an adorable son named Texas. Texas was very excited to see his mom perform during the Alumni band show this year.

• Like 3

She helped raise some Bevos.