2019 Rain Thread

Biff Tannen

Update: 

Most of us got a pretty good golden shower or two from the stuff in the Gulf, but today, that thing's over for us (by about only 50 miles).  The low has started tracking N/NW up through the mid-Gulf states, and we ain't gettin' much from that at all now.  However as you can see, Houston and the coast is getting completely Noah's Ark'd from it, up to 8" in some parts of the coast,  Houston included. 

However, we still have the low coming in from New Mexico and that should produce some rain between now and late Thursday.  Could be some severe storms.  Tonight the low moving over us could produce a line of storms during the overnight hours.  Then the bulk of the low comes through Thursday, and diurnal heating will produce hit/miss afternoon storms, severe a possibility. 

Then 2 days of fuck me heat (weekend) - temps hitting 100° many places possible, even probable for a few.
Then cold front (yeah, one is actually gonna go through this late in the season) and temps down into the mid-high 80's.

More on rain as develops.  Watch yer asses this weekend heat wise.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What I’m enjoying is the epic hatch of millipedes.

f8d966fe9bc4aed061f4f522d720eabf.jpg

That’s about .1% of what’s crawling all over our house. With many inside the house. Crunching all over. It’s lovely.

My wife would burn our house down 

3 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Brown Recluses, Black Widows, and scorpions will surely follow that food source into your house.

We already get those, too.  We're on a greenbelt.  We're pretty buggy and snakey.  But this round....it's different.  Never seen insects in this quantity.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We already get those, too.  We're on a greenbelt.  We're pretty buggy and snakey.  But this round....it's different.  Never seen insects in this quantity.

Better go ahead and up that HO-3 policy to account for mold remediation.  Preemptive strike  

2 hours ago, TXLNGHRN10 said:

So was last night all the rain we're getting or is there more today?

More today is forecast, but if it's gonna start, it better start soon.

The storms last night held together much better than thought, though they were predicted to come through, more hit or miss though.  They did stabilize the atmosphere a lot better this a.m. than might otherwise have occurred.  But so far radar is as empty as Hawaiian Yoga Chick's dome.  However we know these things can flare up within 5 minutes... my guess is that whatever happens will flare up along the Dry Line, which is getting close to our Western counties now.  Don't be fooled by the current conditions.  Shit can form quickly, and the air is stable this morning, but the lack of clouds will speed up hot/warm mixing and flare some storms up.

We should know within an hour what's coming, if anything.  That's about as good as I can flip the coin for.  I'll check the radar over the next hour, that should tell.
Edit:  But I'll tell ya, right now I'm not seeing rain happening... if I must put my dick on the bar... it's sure quiet out there... too quiet..
hqdefault.jpg

Edited by phdhorn

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

My wife would burn our house down 

I've got hundreds of those things around my house and in my entry way for about a week or so. I probably kill 6 a day inside.  The porch was covered with them this morning.  

I wish I knew where those robins who nest outside my front door were.  

Storm went severe in Blanco, hail up to quarter size... kind of bubbling up/down, so we'll see.  Keep tuned, that hail can mess up cars and shit.  

Raining pretty good here in Bee Cave (about 10 miles N. of the bulk of it).  No, make that raining like holy shit now.

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

This second round popping up around sisterdale, you think that skips south of us out here?

That was kind of heading SE, but I'll look at it again.

Severe storm heading right smack into central Austin.  Enjoy. (no hail at this point)

Golfball sized hail in storm approaching Sunset Valley (however the hail which actually reaches the ground is probably smaller, pea sized, etc., but still be alert).  Moving across S. Austin into Garfield etc. area.  

Edited by phdhorn