2019 Rain Thread

Biff Tannen

5 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

45 mph easily greeted us with the squall line in Bee Cave.  Noadic rain of course...  but it's moving fast, so probably not a big flood concern, though certainly some low water crossings...

Over in serene hills.  It’s rocking and rolling here.  It looks like we’re taking the house through a car wash.

Just went clean up all the shit that blew out of my recycling bin when the lid flew open, and just managed to pull my trash/recycling/compost up the curb before they got swept away.  And then someone else's compost bin came barreling down the street.  So now I got two compost bins on my lawn.

Just now, conVINCEd said:

Lake Highlands in Dallas got proper fucked.  Sister just dumped her kids off so they can go back and deal with the aftermath.

Yep.  Bunch of friends in that area with tons of downed trees (and that area is all old as, monster trees) power out everywhere, fucked up cars, etc 

I live in NW Dallas. Was up in the Frisco area when the storm started rolling in. That was one of the fastest, nastiest, non-tornado storms I’ve ever seen. There were two 60 foot trees toppled over in my neighborhood and probably 15 smaller trees destroyed when I got home (sat out the storm in a parking garage thankfully). 

DFW airport is an absolute cluster. We had 5 gate changes, touring terminals A, C, and D today...the concourses were a constantly swirling sea of people, everyone we talked to had at least two gate changes. I’m used to delays, cancellations, etc with bad weather here but I’ve never seen the sheer number of gate changes people are being out through.

Been here since 1230p waiting to catch our flight to Austin. Starting to wonder if it’s just going to get canceled.

DFW airport is an absolute cluster. We had 5 gate changes, touring terminals A, C, and D today...the concourses were a constantly swirling sea of people, everyone we talked to had at least two gate changes. I’m used to delays, cancellations, etc with bad weather here but I’ve never seen the sheer number of gate changes people are being out through.

Been here since 1230p waiting to catch our flight to Austin. Starting to wonder if it’s just going to get canceled.

Dude, why didn’t you say fuck it earlier & just get a car and drive?
  • Like 2

North Dallas was crazy this afternoon. I was on the road and had to stop because I couldn't see past my own bumper. I've been through a tornado and this was the strongest storm I've ever send besides that. Diving around Belt Line, Arapaho and Campbell afterwards there are trees down everywhere, lots of spots where trees are blocking 2 or 3 lanes on those major roads. My parents reported asphalt buckling on Arapaho. Lots of fences down, car ports trashed, at least one garage I saw lost a roof and another had it's garage door blown in. Fretz Park Library had it's windows blown in. It's supposed to be another 24 hours or so before we get power back. Thankfully, I have family staying with me!7571ef0cb2a8d094b44f4e1066d48982.jpg5d024461d473d3ab53467eb6ca1a74a0.jpg8e188c08ede6c93aba2f6d887a5ccf8a.jpged479f0121940776d37ee86f340388a6.jpg091f0fb0bddb23e1ac2588dbc019e17f.jpg3dda76142712f5913a27b68a65bb5966.jpg12b4f6d7d7acccbd40191f52427dce5c.jpg

• Like 3