Now they're tearing down WW2 statues

Parliament

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/02/21/jerk-punks-torched-statue-general-lee-it-honors-wwii-veteran-not-confederate-leader/?utm_term=.fab66abb1f11

He’s a widely respected, if somewhat obscure, military figure — which is why, after anonymous vandals attempted to torch a statue of him last week, museum officials concluded that it had been a case of mistaken identity. They suspect that the perpetrators thought they were burning a memorial to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.

“This is not a Civil War museum and this is not Robert E. Lee,” Mark Johnson, the curator for the Maj. Gen. William C. Lee Airborne Museum, told WNCN on Tuesday. “This is General William C. Lee from United States Army Airborne from World War II.”

People are stupid.  Details at 11.

2 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

sounds scary - thoughts and prayers

Yeah now the left is so unhinged the mere utterance of a name causes them to go postal....  I mean I thought democrats were the more educated group of thoughtful voters..  Guess not all of them are after all hmmmmmmmmm.... The more you know......

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah now the left is so unhinged the mere utterance of a name causes them to go postal....  I mean I thought democrats were the more educated group of thoughtful voters..  Guess not all of them are after all hmmmmmmmmm.... The more you know......

Let me guess....Liberty U. 

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

hey, stay safe out there buddy

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

092b1803fcbe2b22f95acc4e80a44847_400x400

...after anonymous vandals attempted to torch a statue of him last week, museum officials concluded it had been a case of mistaken identity. They suspect that the perpetrators thought they were burning a memorial to Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.

...While the vandals who targeted the memorial to William C. Lee last week didn’t leave anything behind that would explain their motivation, Johnson told the Daily Record that he thought they were trying to make a similar statement about racism and slavery.

Image result for mighty fine police work

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2019 at 7:36 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Germany tore down all their WW2 statues 

This is America, where we love celebrating traitors who lost and erect statues to honor them 80 years after the defeat. Apparently. 

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 1

While there are other right-wing posters on this board with whom I disagree, Parliament has to rank as the most worthless and intellectually corrupt.

His drive-by posting style focuses on the following "logic":

• "I'm going to make an outrageous and unsupportable claim." 
  • "I'm going to lay a shit and never return to defend whatever idiotic statement I was trying to make."
  • "I'm going to see how far I can get with a disingenuous post title."
  • "I'm an intellectually dishonest coward. Prove me wrong."

There's not a single bone in his body that is willing to engage in honest debate about the fundamentals of our democracy. For him, it's only about a losing Chess match where his sole desire is to see how long he can keep the King out of Check

In other words, @Parliament is the biggest coward among the Surly crowd.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

A bunch of lefties accidentally tearing down the wrong statue is almost as bad as a bunch of righties accidentally electing the biggest con man in history and ruining this country.

Maybe a bunch of lefties should learn some history before they attack a statue? Also stop acting like a bunch of assholes over in the middle east who are destroying history just because they don't like it.

Edited by Crusher
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Crusher said:

Maybe a bunch of lefties should learn some history before they attack a statue? Also stop acting like a bunch of assholes over in the middle east who are destroying history just because they don't like it.

Awesome post. Now just clarify the gibberish of that last sentence. 

In the age of Jussie, it’s can be easy to assume that the museum personnel themselves set fire to the statue to get attention. A museum in a town of <10k people can average 1-3 visitors per day. And that average includes the annual field trip from the 4th grade.

or it could be from someone who didn’t  like William Lee or his family. The Robert e lee story seems possible but where’s the evidence for it.

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Assumed leftist assumed to vandalize a statue cause the cop assumes so = trump supporters driving into crowd.

Not even close, and obviously you didn't read my post, or you just choose to ignore fact to suit your own narrative. It's still funny as shit that they were too stupid to even know what they were doing. Pretty typical for emotionally driven people.

Think ?  Fuck that noise we act on emotions !!

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Says the guy who has completely abandoned American values and is on year two of supporting an traitorous immoral pathologically lying conman in the White House because Hillary Clinton hurt his feelings

Yeah not true, but you tell yourself that if it makes you feel better.