How Fox News works

retread

I guess this is a whole talking point over there. They need to start handing out 2+2 therapy. Wasn’t this the thinking in the Middle Ages, it’s ok if everything sucks now, because the after life is what it’s all about ?

also, campos Duffy is an extremely dumb cunt / shill. A wanna be Candice Owens …

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

I guess this is a whole talking point over there. They need to start handing out 2+2 therapy. Wasn’t this the thinking in the Middle Ages, it’s ok if everything sucks now, because the after life is what it’s all about ?

also, campos Duffy is an extremely dumb cunt / shill. A wanna be Candice Owens …

These Christians don’t actually read the Bible do they?

”thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven”

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

These Christians don’t actually read the Bible do they?

”thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven”

I heard a sermon a long time ago on this verse (Matthew 6:10) and the problem with "end timers" otherwise known as Evangelicals.

From a Methodist perspective, "on earth as it is in heaven" has a significant meaning which leads to the notion of the social gospel. Christians are required to improve life in earth, an effort must be made to improve life for everyone.

The end timers view the world as something that is continuously getting worse until it reaches the end. They seek and celebrate destruction because it confirms their warped belief that the world is about to end. This view keeps them making any attempt on improving life here on earth but instead encourages them to support things that make life worse.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

FoxNews hired onion writers ?

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

This is why these people cannot be reasoned with and must be destroyed at best, disallowed from governing at worst.  I mean, come the fuck on.  It would be one thing if this were a fringe idea, but there are MILLIONS of these absolute fucking braindead people actively trying to make the world worse for the rest of us.  WHY DO WE ALLOW THIS?!?

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, F250 said:

I heard a sermon a long time ago on this verse (Matthew 6:10) and the problem with "end timers" otherwise known as Evangelicals.

From a Methodist perspective, "on earth as it is in heaven" has a significant meaning which leads to the notion of the social gospel. Christians are required to improve life in earth, an effort must be made to improve life for everyone.

The end timers view the world as something that is continuously getting worse until it reaches the end. They seek and celebrate destruction because it confirms their warped belief that the world is about to end. This view keeps them making any attempt on improving life here on earth but instead encourages them to support things that make life worse.

Which in turn tends to insure that they will not ascend into heaven.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

How do we know heaven/afterlife is better?  Maybe that is just religious propaganda and it really sucks as much as a closeted Republican in an A&M library bathroom stall.  if it exists at all. This is the only life we and our children are certain to have, so maybe try to make it, as good as possible, for the most people possible and not leave Earth a complete mess for those that follow us.

3 hours ago, F250 said:

This is the right way to do it.

On 6/4/2023 at 11:25 PM, longhornmatt said:

Dude, don’t give Trump the idea to start selling afterlife insurance.

This needs to happen tomorrow. He'll grift even more money from the rubes, and inevitably a few of them will be shocked--SHOCKED--to learn they can't pay their policy premiums with Trump Bucks which will cause them to have a crisis of faith.

10 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Holy fuck he looks about 60. That's mind blowing. 

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t know who that is but judging by that chyron he has the memory of a 2-year-old. 

Scott Bakula, and he's 68 so if he only looks like he's 60 and that's a recent photo, he's not doing too bad.

I didn't picture Bakula as a Trumper type though.

39 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Scott Bakula, and he's 68 so if he only looks like he's 60 and that's a recent photo, he's not doing too bad.

I didn't picture Bakula as a Trumper type though.

Scott Bakula? Did he learn nothing from Murphy Brown?

If I’d had to guess I probably would’ve gone with Huey Lewis. 

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Is this going to turn into another Don Bongino thing?

varsity-blues-bud-kilmer.gif

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Not even a little bit funny. Bakula is a legend on stage and in film. The lead in the best time travel show of all time, and unfairly handsome. Van Der Beek is something else 

Yes. As everyone on this board knows, his work as a mentally handicapped boy was timeless in both it's portrayal, as well as its utility. 

Quantum Leap Mirror GIF - Quantum Leap Mirror Retarded - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Not even a little bit funny. Bakula is a legend on stage and in film. The lead in the best time travel show of all time, and unfairly handsome. Van Der Beek is something else 

A true thespian....

spacer.png

@SydneyCarton jinx

Edited by Dnaguy

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

4 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Thats James Van Der Beek, 46

So Scott Bakula at 68 looks better than James Van Der Beek at 46.

15 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

lol

I imagine that she has been asked to leave places when others realize who she is. Or she was in restaurant in certain parts of the country where she believes she shares values with the clientele, but not realizing that the clientele doesn’t want an African American near them.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Pancho said:

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

So is this their new strategy post-Tucker?  Just lie about the most obvious nonsense and keep the dumbest of the dumb on the hook?  I know it seems like that has always been their M.O., but with Tucker it felt a little more nuanced and dog-whistley.  

They are a threat to human health.  I don't see how they are able to continue doing this.  From Covid to natural disasters.  They are literally lying to people that will go out and hurt themselves and others at a fake news network's behest.  I mean, Darwin, I guess.

• Rage+1 2