How Fox News works

retread

49 minutes ago, horn4life said:

I haven't gotten into a political discussion at a bar in quite a while now.  Simply as there is no reason to have a discussion (argument) when the person you are trying to talk to only watches Fox News and thus doesn't know a lot of factual information.  

Because when you try to present the actual factual information you are met with... "I don't know about that."  I haven't heard that."  "I don't believe that."  And on and and on.  I have decided now at the outset if some dumbass wants to try to talk politics with me, I am simply going to ask, "Are you a Fox News watcher?"  Then when they say yes, I will simply say, "Honestly I would love to engage you and have a discussion.  But I simply do not have time to educate you on the factual information necessary to have a reasonable conversation." 

You see it's impossible to constructively argue anything when one party simply does not know what the factual information being discussed is.

It’s really two parts:

1. I don’t have time to correct all the lies you’ve been told in order to discuss the topic

2. Anyone unable to tell how often they are lied to on Fox isn’t worth hearing an opinion from anyway

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

That time slot is bigger than Tucker. The olds don't follow personality, they follow the network. All they have to do is replace him with that white guy who fills in for him and it will be as if Tucker never existed.

Yup.  I’m thinking Mike Pence may be interviewing.  He certainly has no political future. Isn’t his background radio?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

That time slot is bigger than Tucker. The olds don't follow personality, they follow the network. All they have to do is replace him with that white guy who fills in for him and it will be as if Tucker never existed.

I agree. But it also seems like Fox got popped on the nose and didn't like it. I have no doubt they will still spout bullshit. But there is bullshit and then there is lying bullshit. I'm thinking they might have learned their lesson for at least a little bit.

27 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Unlike everyone else I think fox makes the hosts.  Fucker will go back to a non entity.  The brand is very strong and entrenched, and the Murdoch family ain’t letting any of these dipshits fuck up their golden goose.

In this day of podcasts and such?  I'd be surprised if he became a "non-entity". 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Trump's new running mate?

Not a chance, not after the Tucker's tweets about Trump surfaced.

23 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Unlike everyone else I think fox makes the hosts.  Fucker will go back to a non entity.  The brand is very strong and entrenched, and the Murdoch family ain’t letting any of these dipshits fuck up their golden goose.

I bet he creates his own streaming/podcast program now. Any network he would jump to -- OAN or NewsMax -- are likely to be smashed into Bolivia by Dominion and the other voting machine company lawsuits.

20 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

There's a rumor about some potential kompromat in the current Laura Luhn lawsuit that involves Tucker

Do tell. I know nothing of this.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

I don't think that's a controversial opinion at all.  How often do we hear about O'Reilly or Glenn Beck or Megyn Kelly now?  The ceiling for a Republican political commentator without Fox News is Ben Shapiro/Matt Walsh/etc.  Really big in the Twitter-sphere but generally pretty unknown in reality.  They old people aren't going to go searching for Tucker on some streaming network, they'll just watch whoever Fox puts in Tucker's slot.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You know you were forced out on a bad note when you don’t get the “We wish him well in his future endeavors.” bullshit statement. Even Bonolanodingdong got that courtesy 

Bongino said it was a contractual thing between him and Fox. Tucker got this treatment:

2nlX.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Even if they aren't, that's a pretty big viewership hit, I'd imagine.  He's far and away their most popular personality.

Since Bill O’Reilly got canned. We’ll have to wait and see if they make any changes to their messaging since the Dominion settlement and amidst other ongoing lawsuits. I’m not holding my breath. It could just be that some other bullshit peddler will take Tucker’s place just like he took Bill’s and they’ll be the network’s new ratings leader. 

If you work at Fox News (and you’re a giant dickpickle who makes money by poisoning old people’s brains), watch your cornhole on April 24th.

This makes me think his contract expired. Was likely due for annual renewal today

24 minutes ago, Lurch said:

This makes me think his contract expired. Was likely due for annual renewal today

nope:

This source also indicating that more shitcannings may be on the way. 

The source did not know the precise reason for Carlson’s firing, but speculated that it was “part of general housecleaning” after the Dominion settlement plus the grumbling and litigation worries from Fox News shareholders, or something related to former Fox producer Abby Grossman’s complaint that was specifically connected to Carlson.

With former President Donald Trump increasingly looking like the likely 2024 GOP presidential nominee, the Fox News top brass may be worried about ongoing liability risks as the election season heats up, the source mused — and additional on-air personalities might soon get the ax.

Too perfect. Tucker always looked like he was taking a shit, and Hannity there looks like he just walked in on somebody taking a shit.  And then there's Laura Ingraham, "I usually just shit inside stable and Bream cleans it up."  

32 minutes ago, tokamak said:

The average Fox News viewer has no idea what a podcast is. Maybe he can try AM radio.

friend of mine runs a rural region for a cable company. she said old hicks are calling into the offices today to complain about tucker and wanting to cancel their cable lololololol

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1