How Fox News works

retread

Fox News is running a story about a trans beauty queen that Trump personally allowed to compete in his beauty pageant, and the comments are beautiful

I am starting to not trust Fox either. I think they may be the other side of the globalist scheme to keep us fighting. They give us our daily dose of outrage and pander to our every fear, but never follow up with hard hitting exposes or questions. Fox could have a lot of power, but they simply report. Why do they not really pressure the other side?

This is a great example. They run a lot of unfavorable Trump stuff here these days. I am no Trump fan but many on here are. I wonder if Trump scares Fox too. If so why?

I noticed that too. Maybe we would be saying that we are switching to Newsmax. I have noticed they have not been fair and balanced for sometime. If they keep

Moving to promote establishment figures instead of those who tell it like it really is, then they will lose their entire audience. There are a million other channels to push the liberal agenda. They used to be different. Sad.

The Left owns the company and the Left has never allowed effective voices to have a pedestal. Obviously this has been the result of a settlement with the voting machine company. I wonder if said company has updated its software for a more secure vote or will it be the same old leaky system that has the ability to be scammed?

I'm a trump supporter but a trans took the place of a real women in that beauty contest.

Are you saying we are unintelligent?

An intelligent person wouldn't need to ask.

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

17 hours ago, Satchel said:

I’m feeling the need to think and pray.

The producer found out 10 minutes before it happened.

Also Fox News stock was down 3% yesterday on the news, which is awesome and funny-- but even more so when you consider it dropped harder on this news than even the Dominion 787mm settlement news.

44 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

Also Fox News stock was down 3% yesterday on the news, which is awesome and funny-- but even more so when you consider it dropped harder on this news than even the Dominion 787mm settlement news.

The Dominion lawsuit didn't cost them subscriptions.

59 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Chyron aside, Burchett sounds like a wannabe Comer.

Just the fact he is on there is sickening. You know, the guy that literally said there's nothing that can be done. The guy that also said he homeschools his kids.

^
Pos rep.  Couple years after that, I was listening to Dan Rather talk about FoxNews and trumpism and all that.  And I forget who the on-air "personality" from Fox to whom he was referring was.  But that exchange between Ted & Sean reminded me of it.  Rather said something to the effect of, "My first issue with them as a broadcast journalist was they never let you finish an answer.  Before we get into ideology and semantics, let the person you're interviewing finish their sentence for heaven's sake."  And the Fox guy/gal said something snooty like, "I know you're getting up there in years and need some extra time to finish your thoughts, my apologies."  And Rather retorted, "Yes, I'm old, but I take awhile to answer because the truth takes longer to get out than lies."  I've loved him ever since.  I miss Koppel, too.  

We watched CNN during first year of Covid-19 because it was about the most factual reporting we could find.  Then gave up on cable news again during election season then just cut the cord.  I just read from a few trusted sites now.  

Fox has legally admitted under oath they don't expect viewers to take them seriously, they changed the nomenclature from "host" to "personality", and they shitcanned their 3 biggest ringleaders of bullshit in the last month.  And yet, they come out of it being even more "Trusted More than Ever".  It really is comfort food for stupid people.  I don't know how you can tune in each night to find out what you're supposed to be terrified of right before bedtime.  But it obviously works.  

Murdoch gave Prince Harry a previously undisclosed "very large sum of money"  in 2020 to settle a phone-hacking claim. Murdoch’s media empire is "fighting hard to avoid being dragged into another high-profile court case, just weeks after paying more than $700m (£560m) to settle a US defamation case against Fox News. It is trying to stop Harry’s case from going to trial, arguing that he waited too long to bring the case and should have suspected he was a phone-hacking victim at an earlier date."

Murdoch's media empire isn't saying they didn't do it, but that Harry waited too long and he should have suspected that he was a hacking victim at an earlier date. 

This fucker Rupert Murdoch is going to hell, assuming there is such a place. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/apr/25/prince-william-murdoch-phone-hacking-claims-court-filings-prince-harry

59 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Nervous Tea Time GIF by VH1

“I see that everybody is talking about the Republican Debates, but nobody got my approval, or the approval of the Trump Campaign, before announcing them,” Trump said in a Tuesday post on his social media network.

Bottom line for me is that Fox bears a lot of responsibility for causing damage and death with their bullshit reporting.  If Murdoch and all of his lying reporters have to give up every last thing they own to pay that debt, that is not enough but it would be a good start.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Found it 

They should be worried. There isn’t a good landing spot for either without a tremendous amount of work or risk. It’s always possible that one of the other far right networks sign them for a reported large sum but what they won’t report are the conditions on that money including ratings/downloads.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They should be worried. There isn’t a good landing spot for either without a tremendous amount of work or risk. It’s always possible that one of the other far right networks sign them for a reported large sum but what they won’t report are the conditions on that money including ratings/downloads.

Newsmax and OAN are hurting for revenue, and one or both are facing Dominion lawsuits, so I'm not sure what other far right networks want to risk taking them on.  I suppose some place like The Blaze, but I'm sure Beck and Co. would make them tone down anything that could lead to a lawsuit.

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Just going off memory, it seemed to me that Maria B was a lot more anti-Dominion than Tucker, so I'm shocked she's still employed.  

Tucker may have been going the Bill O'Reilly route.

Sure Fox spreads propaganda but it's just a symptom.  The problem is the audience, which gorges on that propaganda and drives the advertising which drives the revenue. That audience demands the pure, uncut crystal meth. The real problem is the GOP base. If Fox news won't sell the pure meth they demand, they'll find somebody who will. No different than any other addicts on the street. 

FuzztNPWAAAj6eG.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

All Fox viewers/Republicans are Aggy. They’re literally suffering from the same form of delusion. 

They want to be constantly told they are the best, they are destined to be in power, it’s their rightful place, but they should fear the other side, their fears are not unfounded and they are the victims of a vast conspiracy to stop this from happening. Any information contrary to this narrative is a lie, and should be banned. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Fox and Friends whine about "unequal treatment"  of Biden and Trump at the White House Correspondent's Dinner.  Mind you, Trump was too much of a snowflake to ever show up at one, at least while President.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/its-glaring-fox-friends-bitterly-complains-over-unequal-treatment-of-biden-and-trump-at-the-whcd/

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Well they are unequal people. Of course they will get different treatment. Pretty sure Biden doesn't have a rape trial to worry about this week.

Biden is able to poke fun at himself. He made jokes about his age. Can you imagine Trump ever making jokes about his weight? Or his hair? Or his orange makeup? Or how stupid he is? Or how his wife doesn’t like him and how he’s more attracted to his own daughter? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

To be fair to Donald, he has made more than a few wisecracks about his attraction to his own daughter.  And like the rest of his attempts at humor, they don’t come across as funny, but rather awkwardly horrifying.  

Of all the mysteries surrounding so many millions of American’s fascination with that piece of shit, the one which baffles me most is why people think of him as a ‘real man’s man’.  His wife hates him, he has to pay for sex, he had an oddly tiny dick for such a big guy, his three wives have all cheated on him, and he openly talks about dating his daughter, and ignores the ugly one.  It the literal opposite of masculinity.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Reading the reports about reporters who are concerned about being fired for some of the outright lies they have broadcast makes me think I could rob a bank and be blameless by just saying "But, Your Honor, nobody WARNED me it was a crime!"

On 5/1/2023 at 10:06 AM, YGIFS said:

To be fair to Donald, he has made more than a few wisecracks about his attraction to his own daughter.  And like the rest of his attempts at humor, they don’t come across as funny, but rather awkwardly horrifying.  

Of all the mysteries surrounding so many millions of American’s fascination with that piece of shit, the one which baffles me most is why people think of him as a ‘real man’s man’.  His wife hates him, he has to pay for sex, he had an oddly tiny dick for such a big guy, his three wives have all cheated on him, and he openly talks about dating his daughter, and ignores the ugly one.  It the literal opposite of masculinity.  

It’s because he says the right words in the right tones. The people who are attracted to him are insanely superficial. Seriously that’s all that needs to be said about it.

15 hours ago, Pancho said:

I actually watched this. It's worse than the quote makes it sound, and the quote makes it sound horrible. Also interesting, at the end he calls it "tragic" because these people can't work here, can't get jobs. Someone want to help  me understand how that is true, but they also scream "they're coming here to take your jobs?" Oh right, it can't. 

• Rage+1 2

16 hours ago, Pancho said:

Jesse Watters has the looks of a televangelist child predator, but the inclinations of a racist serial killer.

Total package.

Sort of shocked he hasn't been shuffled into Tucker's spot as the nation's newest, lowest common denominator.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stilicho said:

Jesse Watters has the looks of a televangelist child predator, but the inclinations of a racist serial killer.

Total package.

Sort of shocked he hasn't been shuffled into Tucker's spot as the nation's newest, lowest common denominator.

YET

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

YET

Gambling.com lists FOX News host Jesse Waters as the favorite to land the gig at +150 odds, followed by network Laura Ingraham (+200) and Sean Hannity (+250). Former White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany (+400) and FOX News contributor Tomi Lahren (+500) are also included in the top 5.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

So all the homeless I see in Dallas are illegals? I guess we can solve the homelessness issue pretty easily then. 

I'm pretty sure that you could convince a good number of GQPs of that and then sit back and watch them advocate for deporting mentally ill veterans to Mexico.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1