How Fox News works

retread

Cue the annual Halloween fear mongering.  Actually it's pretty tame compared to last year's fentanyl nonsense. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-police-warn-parents-child-ingests-thc-infused-candy-received-halloween-school-event

Police in California are warning parents to check their children’s candy during Halloween after a child reportedly fell ill from ingesting a THC-infused candy received at a local trick-or-treating event over the weekend.

The Alameda Police Department on Monday asked parents to "exercise extra caution and inspect your child’s Halloween candy " while they investigated an incident that required a child to seek immediate medical attention after consuming a cannabis candy.

Inspecting the candy is "extra" caution?

7 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Hey, how'd your kid get THC in his system?

Uhh, oh, it was probably laced candy that we got at a Halloween party. Yeah, thats it.

Seriously.  If they're handing out THC gummies, you're damned right I'm "inspecting" my kids' candy.  You know, dad tax and all that.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Watters is the kind of guy you can take one look at and know he is completely full of shit. 

You mean, THIS Jesse Watters?

Fox News host Jesse Watters made a bizarre on-air admission Monday, saying that he deflated the car tires of a 25-year-old colleague in order to be in a position where he could offer her a ride home. 

Watters, who was 39 at the time and already married, also said that the woman in question was Emma DiGiovina - who ultimately became his second wife. The two were married in December 2019. 

'When I was trying to get Emma to date me, first thing I did, let the air out of her tires,' he said with a smile last week. 

He' a fucking PREDATOR.  He fucking BRAGGED about it, on the air.  This is the mouthpiece for the "conservative family values" movement. They are all shit.  All of them.  Every last one of them is a bucket of runny, fly-covered shit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Didn't watch the entire thing but you can tell Watters only had that segment because he wanted to use the phrase, "identify as a vampire" as much as possible.

I saw another segment where Watters complained about men leaving work a little early to take their children trick or treating. He mentioned how real men back in the day would have gotten fired for even raising the idea about going home early on Halloween.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I saw another segment where Watters complained about men leaving work a little early to take their children trick or treating. He mentioned how real men back in the day would have gotten fired for even raising the idea about going home early on Halloween.

This shit pisses me off. I'm a middle-aged dad, and if I have another 20-25 years on this earth, I'll be ecstatic. I'm going to spend every chance I get with my kids, and that means I have changed careers and given up higher salaries as a result. I made that decision 10 years ago, and I don't regret it.

I've still got my parents, but I know that when my kids are my age, most likely my wife and I won't be around.  I may not get to see grandchildren, and that hurts a bit, but it is what it is, and I'll at least know that my kids got as much of me as I could give them.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

I want to analyze Watters' schedule, and point out all the times he hasn't been behaving like a "real man". 

"It looks here like you took a couple days off for 'spa treatment'. And yet you're talking shit about men spending time with their kids. Interesting."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

You think 54 is fairly young? Because I'll tell you, I'm not even in my mid-40's yet and things are going to shit at a high rate of speed over here. 

Honestly I was thinking late 40s - early 50s. But yeah generally at 54 you don't have a different face than the one you had in your 30s.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He mentioned how real men back in the day would have gotten fired for even raising the idea about going home early on Halloween.

Hey Jesse...does a "real man" vandalize a woman's car to disable it?  Does he do that in order to trick her into letting him give her a ride home?  Does he do all that while he's married to someone else?

Yeah, I'll be taking "how to be a real man" advice from Jesse about the same time as I'll take advice from Donald Trump on how to avoid legal trouble.

• Like 1