Pigs @ Texas Series

TrashMaster G

3 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

If that stretch doesn’t prep our boys for the rest of the season then nothing could have. Take 2 of 3 against Tech and I will have even more unrealistic expectations than I normally do for our team

Um...

5 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

If that stretch doesn’t prep our boys for the rest of the season then nothing could have. Take 2 of 3 against Tech and I will have even more unrealistic expectations than I normally do for our team

I have good news for you and your unrealistic expectations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, troph said:

Man the arky pitchers had a bad news bears kinda day. They still lose we still win. Split series against a better team. Easy to take this one, no complaints.

We are inferior to a club that walks 14 and hits 4  batters in one game? We must really suck.

Arky commentator on secrant:

frick you LHN. I hope you die for showing that.

frick these a-holes for bringing that up again. Why didn't they show the CWS footage actually relevant between these two teams? fricking pussies.

Our pitchers are garbage tonight

Winning on the road against a CWS-caliber team. I'm not complaining.

Immediately Texas puts in one of their best relievers. But we're the ones who really want this game.                These announcers are awful

K and caught stealing. 2 outs.  He was never even touched. I knew if it was ever close we'd get shite on in Austin

Could be one of the ugliest frickers I've seen. It started out so promising. Eventually, it turned into a bucket of butt holes.

It's so easy to despise texas.

Too many walks, yeah I hate Texas. Douches of the century

We played pretty much our worst roster possible, couldn't throw strikes, and they won by 1 run at home. This team is just fine. Individually people have things to work on, but the team is fine.

16 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Arky commentator on secrant:

frick you LHN. I hope you die for showing that.

frick these a-holes for bringing that up again. Why didn't they show the CWS footage actually relevant between these two teams? fricking pussies.

Our pitchers are garbage tonight

Winning on the road against a CWS-caliber team. I'm not complaining.

Immediately Texas puts in one of their best relievers. But we're the ones who really want this game.                These announcers are awful

K and caught stealing. 2 outs.  He was never even touched. I knew if it was ever close we'd get shite on in Austin

Could be one of the ugliest frickers I've seen. It started out so promising. Eventually, it turned into a bucket of butt holes.

It's so easy to despise texas.

Too many walks, yeah I hate Texas. Douches of the century

We played pretty much our worst roster possible, couldn't throw strikes, and they won by 1 run at home. This team is just fine. Individually people have things to work on, but the team is fine.

You're not gonna be be fine when you're handing out 18 free passes. Both teams have problems there that need to be corrected. But ... the pitchers that did all that are young.

1) Keep winning midweeks, should be doable.

2) Only have lost one series, can’t complain.

Season’s looking good but got to clean things up to be a serious contender. Luckily, they don’t have to be that quite yet and if they just keep winning it’ll probably mean they cleaned it up. 

7 hours ago, wood said:

You're not gonna be be fine when you're handing out 18 free passes. Both teams have problems there that need to be corrected. But ... the pitchers that did all that are young.

You will when the guys doing it won't see a meaningful inning the rest of the season.

2 meaningless games for both teams, outside of helping both RPI's.

10 minutes ago, WBT said:

Then how is he going to get the maximum allowable games in?

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

More non con 4 game weekend series?

Yeah, not really well educated on baseball scheduling, but why don't we have "tournaments" like the softball team does? I see those kind of things on other baseball teams' schedules.

We could do something invite Dallas Baptist, Sam Houston State, and one of our other campuses (UT-RGV, UTA, UTSA) to Austin for a weekend. Play each team once, two home games and two away games for everyone. Everyone gets 4 games. That's 10 total games in four days, no problem. 2 games Thursday, 2 games Friday, 3 games Saturday and Sunday. One team would play two on Saturday and another team would play two on Sunday.

Edited by Huckleberry

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, not really well educated on baseball scheduling, but why don't we have "tournaments" like the softball team does? I see those kind of things on other baseball teams' schedules.

We could do something invite Dallas Baptist, Sam Houston State, and one of our other campuses (UT-RGV, UTA, UTSA) to Austin for a weekend. Play each team once, two home games and two away games for everyone. Everyone gets 4 games. That's 10 total games in four days, no problem. 2 games Thursday, 2 games Friday, 3 games Saturday and Sunday. One team would play two on Saturday and another team would play two on Sunday.

We are doing a tournament next year. Shriners College Classic.

30 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

22U?

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Pierce indicated to reporters yesterday that he probably isn't going to be scheduling midweek doubles like this anymore.

It would be fine if it was against Abilene Christian or Hardin Simmons, but a top 10 team in between what are usually the B12s toughest teams wasn’t smart.  

Would also help when Pierce has his team/roster fully in place and has better pitching depth. 

25 minutes ago, Machinator said:

We are doing a tournament next year. Shriners College Classic.

Yeah, we've done that one plenty. I was more referring to running a so-called tournament with multiple teams at home instead of double game mid-week setups. I guess it doesn't make that much sense though, as you could always just schedule a non-con 4-game weekend series at home against the same level of team.

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Then how is he going to get the maximum allowable games in?

56 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I guess what I'm struggling to understand is that no matter how they're configured, you are going to have to have some 5-game weeks in order to get the maximum number of games in.   In those 5-game weeks, you are going to have to scrape the bottom of the barrel with your pitching.  

Maybe Pierce meant he doesn't want a stretch where we play probably our two toughest conference series in back to back weekends with a 2-game series against one of our toughest non-conference opponents in between.  That definitely isn't ideal.  If we're going to play a midweek 2-game series against a tough opponent, we should have a weaker opponent on one if not both of the adjacent weekends.  And we should probably try to not have any 5-game weeks at all during conference play.

Here's our schedule this year by week:

Opening Weekend: 3 @ULaLa

Week 1 (5 games): 1 @Rice, 4 vs Purdue

Week 2 (5 games): 1 vs SHSU, 1 vs UTSA, 3 vs LSU

Week 3 (5 games): 1 vs UTRGV, 4 @Stanford

Week 4 (4 games): vs TSU, 3 vs Tech

Week 5 (5 games): 2 vs Arky, 3 @ TCU

Week 6 (4 games): 1 vs Incarnate Word, 3 vs Xavier

Week 7 (4 games): 1 vs aggy, 3 @ Baylor

Week 8 (4 games): 1 vs Rice, 3 vs KSU

Week 9 (4 games): 1 vs Lamar, 3 @ Okie State

Week 10 (4 games): 1 @ TxSt, 3 vs WVU

Week 11 (4 games): 1 @ A&MCC, 3 @ KU

Week 12 (1 game): 1 vs TxSt, finals

Week 13 (4 games): 1 vs Incarnate Word, 3 vs OU

So this is our only 5-game week during conference play.  If we're going to play a tough opponent in a midweek 2-game series, we probably should have scheduled it for Week 4 or even better Week 6 .  Of course, you have to match up with an opponent with an opening during  those weeks and by Week 6 everyone else is already in conference play.  The Big 12 has an off week from conference play due to Iowa State not having a team.

Edited by WBT