2nd Jasper White Supremacist Scheduled to Die Wednesday

Gooby

Bill King gets the needle Wednesday night for his role in the 1998 killing of James Byrd Jr.  Lawrence Russell Brewer got his in 2011.  Shawn Berry...somehow...got life in prison and will be eligible for parole in 2038.

I still remember how horrified I was when this happened.  Seemed like it cast a pall on the entire state.

Say "hey" to Russell when you get to hell, you racist fuck.

Edited by Gooby
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Needle is too good for those assholes. Should have been sentenced to spending the rest of their lives spending 7 days a week building and maintaining section 8 housing in traditionally AA communities while wearing shock collars.

What he deserves is to die the way he killed.  Drag him and let him experience the same extreme suffering he inflicted.

But of course that is barbaric and we consider ourselves a civilized country, so I guess we'll have to settle for 'humane' punishment.

Not advocating Iran-style barbarism, but I do wonder if it might have more of a deterrent effect in some cases.  I'm strongly against the "Look the other way" inmate vigilantism allowed too often in our prisons.  No one should be raped because they robbed a store, stole tires, cheated on their taxes. etc.  But brutal crimes like murder are just a completely different level offense.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Not advocating Iran-style barbarism, but I do wonder if it might have more of a deterrent effect in some cases.

There are some animals for whom nothing would be a strong enough deterrent.

49 minutes ago, ajax said:

Do you all feel the same way about the killer of the South Carolina woman who got in the wrong car?

I'm against the DP, but I think both cases deserve the harshest penalty allowed.

I'm not for the death penalty unless there is very strong, we have you on camera doing it type of evidence.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm not for the death penalty unless there is very strong, we have you on camera doing it type of evidence.

Same here.  There are some evil assholes where there is no doubt they did it.  They should be executed quickly.  Life for the rest where we are 99% sure they did it.

• Like 4

I recall that the national media descended on Jasper expecting (hoping?) to find a 1960s racist town. These killers weren't part of the community. Black and white residents of the town said it wasn't a terrible place for blacks and the races got along well.

Horrible crime, but Jasper did well for itself in the aftermath.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Izhmash said:

We waste way too much money on fuckers like this.  One .22lr to the back of the skull and call it a day.  Feed him to the pigs to make sure nothing goes to waste.  Eat bacon and profit.

Why settle for a .22lr?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, BearSchlong said:
On 4/22/2019 at 4:21 PM, BearSchlong said:
My Father in Law is the FBI agent who handled the initial interview with King.  Having dinner with him in an hour or so, looks like we have a discussion topic.

He and Sherriff Billy Rowles are going to the execution.

Billy Rowles (former Jasper County Sheriff) is such a good guy, now he's the Sherriff in Newton County.  He gives us weekly updates on the goings on.  He's kinda like Dirt Bike.

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Newton-Co-Sheriff-Boy-empties-piggy-bank-to-13785299.php

My Father in Law is the FBI agent who handled the initial interview with King.  Having dinner with him in an hour or so, looks like we have a discussion topic.

I’d love to hear more about what your FIL’s thoughts were after that interview, and for that matter, throughput the case.

On 4/22/2019 at 5:12 PM, RomaVicta said:

I recall that the national media descended on Jasper expecting (hoping?) to find a 1960s racist town. These killers weren't part of the community. Black and white residents of the town said it wasn't a terrible place for blacks and the races got along well.

Horrible crime, but Jasper did well for itself in the aftermath.

When it happened I remember thinking "Jasper? Not Vidor?" Vidor was the place you expected something like that to happen.

• Like 5

I had no idea that TCCA voted 5-4 against granting a stay on Monday.  His lawyers cited a 6th Amendment case from Louisiana and apparently made a fairly compelling argument.  His only chance now is the Supreme Court.  

I read an article about Billy Rowles where he said King promised him and the other investigators that after his co-defendants were convicted he'd provide every detail about what happened that night.  When they were all finally convicted they drove to interview King in hope he'd uphold his promise and he just smirked and said "I wasn't there."  When they pushed him he just laughed and kept repeating "I wasn't there."

It's impossible for me to support the death penalty after horrifyingly seeing so many people exonerated with the arrival of DNA testing.  But damn if this guy isn't the most highly qualified motherfucker to receive the honor.  That dead-eyed void of a human existence would test the bounds of the most merciful among us.  

john-william-king-execution-texas-death-

• Like 3

On 4/22/2019 at 2:14 PM, Brisketexan said:

I firmly oppose the death penalty.

But fuckers like this make it REAL hard.

On 4/22/2019 at 2:17 PM, ajax said:

Do you all feel the same way about the killer of the South Carolina woman who got in the wrong car?

I'm against the DP, but I think both cases deserve the harshest penalty allowed.

not challenging, honestly curious.  if the judge put this in your hands today would y’all have him killed or leave him in prison for life?

On 4/22/2019 at 5:12 PM, RomaVicta said:

I recall that the national media descended on Jasper expecting (hoping?) to find a 1960s racist town.

100% hoping. 

23 minutes ago, futureman said:

not challenging, honestly curious.  if the judge put this in your hands today would y’all have him killed or leave him in prison for life?

Prison for life, or better yet hard labor. Make them do the worst, most dangerous jobs. We could contract their labor out to mining companies, and give the proceeds to the family of the victims. We can't have the government profit off it, or else that introduces all kinds of problems.

Treat these capital crime criminals as totally expendable - I don't care. I'm just not for killing them for killing's sake. Kill them with labor and hardship, give them black lung, make the rest of their days a living hell I'm fine with.

37 minutes ago, futureman said:

I'd sentence him to life in prison without parole.

As much as I PERSONALLY want some fuckers to die, it's about the process and machinery, because if it exists as to one, it exists as to all.  And it seems irrefutable that we can't expect our process and machinery to be fail-proof.  Thus, I do not support an irrevocable punishment of the ultimate gravity -- killing a person.

That necessarily includes some bad people -- that's the nature of capital crimes.  The people who are actually guilty did some REALLY bad shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

As a juror, I would never support the death penalty.  I'm pretty sure I'd never get past voir dire.

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

It's impossible for me to support the death penalty after horrifyingly seeing so many people exonerated with the arrival of DNA testing.  But damn if this guy isn't the most highly qualified motherfucker to receive the honor.  That dead-eyed void of a human existence would test the bounds of the most merciful among us.  

john-william-king-execution-texas-death-

What you said.