Headline Says It All--Coarse Grind or Fine Grind

msbesq

Pennsylvania woman killed after falling into meat grinder at work

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tanyachen/a-woman-died-after-she-fell-or-was-drawn-into-a-meat-grinder

A 35-year-old woman from Williamsport, Pennsylvania, died Monday while on the job at a meat processing plant in northern Pennsylvania.

Jill Greninger was working at Economy Locker Storage Company, located near the town of Muncy, around noon when she "tragically either fell or was drawn into" an industrial-size meat grinder, the Lycoming County coroner, Charles Kiessling Jr., told BuzzFeed News.

Greninger was standing at the top of the stairs next to the machine when the horrific accident occurred.

According to Kiessling and the coroner's office, the local fire department and emergency personnel were forced to disassemble the grinder upon arriving at the scene, "which took more than two hours until the deceased could be removed."

Residents of Muncy, which has a population of a little over 2,400 people, are in shock.

"It's devastating to everyone. I've lived in the community here since 1971 and the store has been up there ... and I've never heard of anything like this before," a local resident told an ABC News reporter.

The federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration confirmed to BuzzFeed News that it is investigating the incident for any workplace negligence, however, it cannot comment on an active investigation until it's concluded.

• Like 2

the local fire department and emergency personnel were forced to disassemble the grinder upon arriving at the scene, "which took more than two hours until the deceased could be removed."

1.  Fire dept should be included in the emergency personnel community.

2.  Once she was dead, there was an easier way to get her out, just turn it back on.

3.  More like a grind her, amirite?

Edited by clapclapclap
EconomyLockerStorageCompanyLoaf is people!
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Didn’t the same thing happen at Michaelangelos in RR several years back?  

Jeez, it was 2003. Time flies, and all that.

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/stories/2003/07/21/story4.html

There’s a story every year about some poor sap getting dragged into an industrial mixer or meat grinder or tree chipper. I’m guessing they just hose it down and get back to work. But I never forgot about Michael Angelo’s and the dude in the meat grinder, and I’m not sure if I ever bought another one of their frozen dinners after that (I don’t see them now, but it appears the company still exists).

1 hour ago, clapclapclap said:

the local fire department and emergency personnel were forced to disassemble the grinder upon arriving at the scene, "which took more than two hours until the deceased could be removed."

1.  Fire dept should be included in the emergency personnel community.

2.  Once she was dead, there was an easier way to get her out, just turn it back on.

3.  More like a grind her, amirite?

My paper shredder has a reverse switch. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
RPM beat me to it.

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

When I was in junior high one of the 14 year old football managers at Eagle Lake was washing uniforms and somehow got his arm pulled into the industrial sized agitator.  Ripped his arm off and he bled out before anyone found him.  

Stephen King spent quite a bit of his youth in industrial laundries.  Apparently there are any number of really dangerous machines in such a laundry.

8 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

When I was in junior high one of the 14 year old football managers at Eagle Lake was washing uniforms and somehow got his arm pulled into the industrial sized agitator.  Ripped his arm off and he bled out before anyone found him.  

12 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Did Eagle Lake win the game?  (Might as well have been worth it).