RIP Tim Conway

Bosco

I got a lot of laughs from this guy.  If we can say a measurement of comedic genius is the number of times a comic gets costars to break character with laughter in a live setting, then Tim Conway is an all-time great.  Rest In Peace, Mr Tudball.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I got a lot of laughs from this guy.  If we can say a measurement of comedic genius is the number of times a comic gets costars to break character with laughter in a live setting, then Tim Conway is an all-time great. 

Was about to post something extremely similar.  No one has ever cracked up his costars as much as Conway did.  Not even Chris Farley.

• Like 1

If he was second to Don Knotts as the Greatest Supporting Comedy TV Actor Ever, it wasn't by much.  His physical comedy skills were tremendous, and the stuff he did on McHale's Navy was brilliant.. very reminiscent of Chaplain, Stan and Ollie, Keaton, etc.  

The other thing is, although I thought the Dorf videos were funny, not hysterical, I got two for my dad one Christmas, and I never saw my old man laugh harder, have a better time, and play those things 100 thousand times and never waning in how much he cracked up and enjoyed them.  I thank Tim for giving my dad more entertainment enjoyment than anything else in his life.

This of course not unexpected.. he's been in bad shape for almost a year.  Here's to a release of his earthly discomforts and I hope he's cracking them up in heaven.  RIP.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

As a kid I remember wanting every clip of the Carol Burnett show to have Tim Conway in it.  RIP

Yep. Back in a time where everyone in the ensemble was unselfish and wanted to play their part. So smart of Carol Burnett to give him free rein.

I feel like repeating everything that is said above.  I don't think there have been many people on network shows that make you laugh like Tim Conway accomplished.  When he and Korman were in a sketch, you knew it would be good.

I assumed that he made some bank with the Dorf character and went into semi-retirement. 

49 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

As a kid I remember wanting every clip of the Carol Burnett show to have Tim Conway in it.  RIP

Some of my favorite memories as a kid was watching my dad cry he was laughing so hard at the Carol Burnett show. Road Runner as well. 

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I guess Gavin MacLeod must be the only McHale's main cast still alive now.

Fuji (Yoshio Yoda), Willie (Bobby Wright) and Happy (McLeod) are the only ones left.

3 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

If that doesn't make you laugh, you aren't human.  It's one of the all-time great comedy moments.

2 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Dorf on Dying.

Yeah, had this thought right away.

Also, a sketch that hasn't made it on this thread (and honestly, one that couldn't be made today, what with the racist caricatures and whatnot):