Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Eh, that was the end of the "drummers wore little more than track shorts" era.  See below (irony intended).

I caught Living Colour on the first Lollapalooza tour in Dallas.  They were far from my favorite band in the world at the time, but they sure could play.  After their set my friends and I were chillin' on the hillside, perhaps a bit inebriated, and their bassist Doug Wimbish wandered by.  I am inclined to get even more mouthy on alcohol than not, and I shouted "hey, aren't you that dude from Living Colour?"  He said "yeah, you got anything to drink?" and then sat down and hung with us for a couple of hours, as we had more than enough beer and whiskey for all.  He was an incredibly laid back, cool guy, especially for a rock star.

rick-allen-02.jpg

Doug Wimbish of Living Colour performs at Lollapalooza (8/16/91 ...

Dude I was at that show at the Starplex too.  People started lighting piles of wax cups and shit on fire.  And that one guy shot off a shotgun on stage, with a blank I presume.  I was kinda out of it. 

• Like 1

This guy isn't wrong on the culture war problems. The original war was over immigration and that really stuck with people (build the wall). Fighting over beans and mask usage while Americans are dying is absurd. Although it's funny this guy undermines his premise by suggesting Biden would be more harmful for democracy than a Republican presidency, much less Trump. 

3 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Here's the Yoo DACA article. I guess I'm going to have to read the SCOTUS opinion. 

The gist of it is based on the incorrect notion that DACA was solely an executive order of Obama. If that were the case, Trump could undo it by executive order.

But the reality is that DACA is a fairly comprehensive rulemaking by DHS, subject to the APA.  It was initiated based on a memo from Obama, but there were actual rules made and implemented by DHS to bring it into being. Thus, its repeal is subject to the APA and can't be arbitrary and capricious.

And because everything Trump does is arbitrary and capricious, it fails to pass muster.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Dude I was at that show at the Starplex too.  People started lighting piles of wax cups and shit on fire.  And that one guy shot off a shotgun on stage, with a blank I presume.  I was kinda out of it. 

That was Gibby of Butthole Surfers.  My drummer was his AA sponsor.  That didn't work out so well.  Gibby showed up at one of our rehearsals one night, which was cool, except it was about an hour past the point at which he was supposed to be on air at his local radio gig.  "Hey Gibby, aren't you supposed to be on the radio right now?"  "Oh,  yeah, I'll head over there in a bit."

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Well. Get ready for the Faceless Federal Stormtroopers in more American cities.

Big bunch of horseshit nothing.

Except it has provisions defunding police.  Lmao.

Start with the proposition that federal LEO could be dispatched to "defend" federal property.  There didn't need to be an EO to establish that.  And that US Attorneys can prosecute vandalism to federal property.  Didn't need an EO for that either.

The only new thing this purports to do is defund local and state police that don't adequately defend federal property.

Just political posturing.  I doubt there has ever been a more politically worded and phrased EO in the history of the country.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

I will piss on trumps grave before I die. I promise you that. 

Hopefully they have to keep digging him up and planting him somewhere else every time people catch wind of where he is and turn his gravesite into a sewage dump.  Rest In Peace, asshole.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

sending a message?

That’s a stupid message.  Threatening them?  Ok.  Killing them both?  

Seems the husband may survive but they definitely tried to kill him.  What does she have to live for?  

Id make sure I fucked them extra hard.  There’s your message, assholes.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Skyline said:

This guy isn't wrong on the culture war problems. The original war was over immigration and that really stuck with people (build the wall). Fighting over beans and mask usage while Americans are dying is absurd. Although it's funny this guy undermines his premise by suggesting Biden would be more harmful for democracy than a Republican presidency, much less Trump. 

Yeah trump ain’t taking no advice from some damned foreigner. That guy might as well be pissing into the wind. 

9 hours ago, Skyline said:

Even in their attempts to be reasonable the hypocrisy, obliviousness and craziness seeps through

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Eh, that was the end of the "drummers wore little more than track shorts" era.  See below (irony intended).

I caught Living Colour on the first Lollapalooza tour in Dallas.  They were far from my favorite band in the world at the time, but they sure could play.  After their set my friends and I were chillin' on the hillside, perhaps a bit inebriated, and their bassist Doug Wimbish wandered by.  I am inclined to get even more mouthy on alcohol than not, and I shouted "hey, aren't you that dude from Living Colour?"  He said "yeah, you got anything to drink?" and then sat down and hung with us for a couple of hours, as we had more than enough beer and whiskey for all.  He was an incredibly laid back, cool guy, especially for a rock star.

rick-allen-02.jpg

Doug Wimbish of Living Colour performs at Lollapalooza (8/16/91 ...

Yep. At the height of their popularity he just strolled into the Black Cat for a Little Sister show one night. Cool guy. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Kind of not a laughing matter.

Well Trump and his minions are gonna do what they're gonna do.  An EO can't make this more or less "legitimate" and it doesn't really change any law.  The executive has minimal say over even funding of PDs it doesn't like.

If you read the thing it's like a gotdam op-ed.

It's ludicrous.

A governor needs to send state forces out to keep the feds on their own property.  

8 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

sending a message?

The lawsuit was filed a few days ago. Wouldn't it make more sense to take out the plaintiff rather than the judge if you were sending a message?

I have no idea what happened but I am a bit shocked that so many people have gone full Qanon over this incident. Shit, Q folks are already blaming Hillary.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

The lawsuit was filed a few days ago. Wouldn't it make more sense to take out the plaintiff rather than the judge if you were sending a message?

I have no idea what happened but I am a bit shocked that so many people have gone full Qanon over this incident. Shit, Q folks are already blaming Hillary.

I saw that (the Clinton reference). It's like, geez, people can you just let Memaw Clinton alone?

13 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

The place in Deep Ellum was Trees. Pretty great club as well. 

one of the 3 most famous concerts in the history of Dallas.  you had the Beatles at Memorial Coliseum in 1964, the Sex Pistols at the Longhorn Ballroom in 1978, and Nirvana at Trees in 1991.  then everything else.  

here's a good article about the Nirvana show.  the video is on YouTube.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/music/the-night-nirvana-played-trees-6425928

• Like 3

9 hours ago, shnsajax said:

What the fuck!

I was told Jeffrey Epstein killed himself while in Federal custody, too, despite guards and surveillance cameras (neither seemed to work).  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Hopefully they have to keep digging him up and planting him somewhere else every time people catch wind of where he is and turn his gravesite into a sewage dump.  Rest In Peace, asshole.  

They’ll build a big glass wall around his grave. That way they can just hose down the piss every morning. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

They’ll build a big glass wall around his grave. That way they can just hose down the piss every morning. 

I think something more like what they do for the Giant Sequoias with strategic piss holes cut in the fence.  The whole cabinet should be buried there and you could just weave through the graves doing the Lord's work.

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

There are advantages to being the bass player.

Here's my very embarrassing story about that night. It was close to 1AM and I was pretty fucked up. Somebody pointed him out to me and said "isn't that guy from In Living Color?", and I said I thought so. So I walk over to him and said "hey man, aren't you Vernon Reid?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Here's my very embarrassing story about that night. It was close to 1AM and I was pretty fucked up. Somebody pointed him out to me and said "isn't that guy from In Living Color?", and I said I thought so. So I walk over to him and said "hey man, aren't you Vernon Reid?"

Also In Living Color was the sketch comedy show. Living Colour was the band.  They probably heard that all the time though.

How did you even know the guitarist's name?  The only one I could pick out of a lineup or know their name is Corey Glover.

25 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

They all look alike.

10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That’s a stupid message.  Threatening them?  Ok.  Killing them both?  

Seems the husband may survive but they definitely tried to kill him.  What does she have to live for?  

Id make sure I fucked them extra hard.  There’s your message, assholes.  

2 hours ago, F250 said:

Yeah, targeting a judge for simply being assigned a case doesn't make much sense. Husband is a criminal defense attorney. It makes a lot more sense to me that he was actually the target.