Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

Beginning to wonder

Two potted plants stolen! What makes this interesting to me is they were bolted to a cement slab at the end of our drive way. The thief or thieves had to work hard and long because they actually broke the pots off at the base, which makes them worthless. There were 4 pots just sitting on my neighbors drive way and have for about 2 or 3 years, unbolted down. There is also a kids swing toy that hangs 2 feet from the street on a branch that nobody seems to bother on the other side of us. They were also very neat thieves, no dirt was left. They left the smallest pot, which I had not planted anything in??? Does Fort Worth patrol our neighbor? ever.? This crime would have taken time and strength, they were heavy. There might have been another attempt on these a year ago, but they broke the pot or someone backed over it and left it. These are just pots from Calloways, with a couple of succulents in them? Really? What would some do with a pot that has no bottom on it? I guess I will call it in, I would rather the police try and come through the neighborhood every once in a while. Just because we are not a hotbed of criminal activity does not mean that the neighborhood is a safe place to come steal! I am always wondering why our house gets hit? Lucky I guess. Person 1 Hair: Thief!

#Thief

Gotdayum renters

Neighbors

So glad that this gang will not be allowed to renew their lease. Happy for me, sorry for you. That being said, they are moving. Be warned though, they will make your nice quiet hood a not so quiet one. And by all means, enjoy the party favors that the always leave behind. These wonderful humanitarians have zero adult supervision while they run rampant spewing their destruction of peaceful areas. And yes, the police have been called no less than 10 times in the past two months, they have better things to do than to worry about underage drinkers. Anyhoo, Enjoy what just very well might be headed your way. *The pic of their motor vehicles are for you to recognize the little terrorists. Happy Monday indeed!!!!!!

Concern is at a new high:

Noticing that there isn't much interest in your "Free" or "For Sale" items, or that you don't receive emails for items in these categories anymore? Well, that's because Nextdoor has a bug. Several months ago, I posted a free item in the new "For Sale & Free" category on Nextdoor. Nobody came to get it, ever. I thought that was weird, because usually a "Free" item, no matter what is is, is gone in a matter of minutes to hours. I also realized that I was no longer getting emails about "Free" or "For Sale" items. Nextdoor's bug: If you post in "For Sale & Free", no one is receiving email notifications about your items if they use custom settings. The only people that will see your items are those who actually go onto Nextdoor and browse (guessing not that many people), or people who elect to receive email notifications for every type of post on Nextdoor (again, maybe not that many people), or those who elected to receive the "Daily Digest" or the weekly "For Sale & Free Digest" and actually read through them. Why it's happening: Nextdoor used to have post categories called "Classifieds" and "Free Items". At some point (Oct/Nov timeframe), Nextdoor rolled out Classifieds 2.0, which created a new posting category called "For Sale & Free" and got rid of the "Classifieds" and "Free Items" posting categories (oddly, you can still post in these categories on the mobile app, just not on your computer). However, Nextdoor forgot to update the custom email notification settings to match. You can choose whether to receive notifications for the old categories, "Classifieds" and "Free Items", which no longer exist as categories and no one can create posts for on their computers (just on the mobile app), but have no option to select to receive email notifications for the new posting category of "For Sale & Free". I notified Nextdoor about this over a month ago, but they have been too busy to fix it. When I last checked in with them on April 19th, they said they were very busy and hoped to have it fixed soon, but that they could not give me a definite date.

On 4/20/2018 at 8:04 PM, Call said:

Tresspassing/Landscape Theft

“Last night, someone trespassed in our front yard and cut several blooming rose bushes. If anyone has any information, or has experienced this recently, please respond. DNA evidence was left behind. Roses have thorns, dumb ass.”

cops will definitely be working overtime to solve this case.

Lol.  I wonder if they ever caught that deer.

Hey, Roy, much as I would love to comply with your utterly moronic post, the laws of man and nature constrain me from doing so. Since you are clearly someone who thinks the Orange Orangutan is right in wanting to jail journalists who criticize him and his utterly insane policies, practices and tweets, I can only say that, if anyone should resign from this site, it is you. In that regard, I feel compelled, on behalf of my neighbors and the First Amendment, to suggest that you take your mindless and highly offensive notions and shove them up where the sun don't shine. The rest of us who live here would be most grateful.

Touchy.

We live in the foothills, so wildlife in the neighborhood is not unusual.  Lately there have been a number of bears cruising around:

3d5a6688ecddf1d2303783b2d6144c22.jpg.max

739ae71955209289ac0297ffd36ba48b.jpg.max

People's reactions range from "call the national guard/won't someone think of the children" to "leave them alone, they were here first".  This even made the Today show last week.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5634807/Grandmother-quickly-grabs-granddaughter-runs-inside-bear-romps-California-yard.html

On 4/24/2018 at 2:30 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

No one wants your Free Used Mattress, Betty.

au contraire, amigo.  

we got a new mattress, and the wife put the old one up on Craigslist for free and it was gone in about 3 hours.  a group of of seemingly educated, fun-loving, young white folk wanted it for a big party they were having that same evening.  it would make Pancho's head explode.

but on Nextdoor?  who the fuck would want to sell old crap to anyone they might see on a semi-regular basis?

Long thread on my Nextdoor at the moment which began with someone reported hearing a gunshot and has devolved into the argument that it might be racist to assume it was a gunshot. You know just because it happened off of Rundberg and 35 doesn't mean it's a gunshot. One person suggested looking for shell casings. Another wondered if it might have just been someone popping bubble wrap, because sometimes when they pop bubble wrap, it can be loud. 

On 4/25/2018 at 6:12 PM, Sbbruin said:

We live in the foothills, so wildlife in the neighborhood is not unusual.  Lately there have been a number of bears cruising around:

People's reactions range from "call the national guard/won't someone think of the children" to "leave them alone, they were here first".  This even made the Today show last week.  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5634807/Grandmother-quickly-grabs-granddaughter-runs-inside-bear-romps-California-yard.html

• Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 6:12 PM, Sbbruin said:

User name checks out.

20 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Bullets like these?

18a178dee50bb03bea78da6a2fa6c6f0.jpg

I've heard of nail guns, but drill bit guns?

I don't even know what to make of this.  How do you lose a large turtle?  "Bruce" weighs 50 lb and is larger than most throw pillows, but somehow he sped away.

Our 6yr old sulcata tortoise got out in greenbelt last night (4/25), at end of Day Star Cove cul de sac which is between Fawn Trail / Davenport hidden park & Riva Ridge. He is about 50 pounds and measures 18” -20 “ in length, 10” wide and about 8” tall. Please call 512-771-5892. $500 reward for his safe return. Thank you!

• Like 1