CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

I wish I had words that could make it any better, or take away any of the trauma and pain you are going through. It kills me that y'all have to bear so much pain, when all you ever wanted to do was help people. Anyone who has been in a hospital, or had a relative in one, knows y'all are the glue that holds that place together and the only human thing about the hospital experience for many patients. You don't deserve this and must feel incredibly betrayed by society. It's shameful that y'all are being subjected to so much unnecessary abuse and trauma. 
The only thing I can tell you is, you're not alone. PTSD feels like you are, but you aren't. Never forget that, no matter how low you get. You matter to us. We are proud of you. We are grateful. Fuck the haters, you're a rock star. 

This.

@trauma babe, I’m so fucking angry FOR you. Keep fighting the good fight. Know that there are a shitload of people who DO believe in what you’re doing, and support you in spirit.

And….we can support you in other ways too. Let us know what we can do to help out you and your fellow nurses. Something as simple as having some grub delivered, or something else. Or maybe just promising to open up a healthy bar tab for you and your peers when it’s safer for y’all to get together, take a deep breath, and bitch about this shit.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

This headline pisses me off and is a huge part of the problem. The headline shouldn't be 3 teachers died within 24 hours. It should be 3 UNVACCINATED teachers died within 24 hours. If they had gotten the vaccine, they would still be alive. That's the problem. The f'ing media needs to stop playing both sides. Put the people's vaccine status in the f'ing headline. Stop pussy footing around this. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

She needs to be on a respirator.  Stat.  
Given her stances and beliefs, it's possible she will get there in due time.

Respirators are fake. She just needs to go out and if she gets a bad cold, stay home, call trump and god to help out.

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

If y'all want to know why we are completely and utterly fucked, understand that a healthy chunk of the anti-vax, anti-mask crowd shares this kind of thinking:

These people are among us.  The majority political party in the entire southern US panders to them completely.  

We are an aircraft that had a wing completely fall off.  I don't care if our pilot is the love child of Sully and Chuck Yeager, you don't recover from that.

The most terrifying thing to me about this video is the phrase "my children".

Meaning that as willfully ignorant of an abomination as she is, someone out there was even dumber and thought breeding with her was a good idea.

(as has been spoke from the days of yore- It truly is undefeated)

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

If y'all want to know why we are completely and utterly fucked, understand that a healthy chunk of the anti-vax, anti-mask crowd shares this kind of thinking:

These people are among us.  The majority political party in the entire southern US panders to them completely.  

We are an aircraft that had a wing completely fall off.  I don't care if our pilot is the love child of Sully and Chuck Yeager, you don't recover from that.

God is watching this woman and thinking, “Where the fuck did I go wrong.  I sent them a vaccine, for My Son’s sake!’

Blink 182 Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, NWBuck said:

The most terrifying thing to me about this video is the phrase "my children".

Meaning that as willfully ignorant of an abomination as she is, someone out there was even dumber and thought breeding with her was a good idea.

(as has been spoke from the days of yore- It truly is undefeated)

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

• Hook 'Em 1

Many claim this is not about intelligence, but I'm not so sure.  There are plenty of indicators as to which position is objectively, logically wrong.  A certain level of intelligence should be able to see them.  For instance, the state is simultaneously fighting mask mandates and also taking drastic steps to fight the virus.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

And yet they think God was acting through Trump.

Maybe God was acting through Trump.  Let’s look at it through God’s eyes. He probably looked at the people on Earth destroying his creation (climate change, over population, etc….) and said I will send down a plague to kill off a bunch of people so they stop harming my planet.  God then remembers that he unfortunately created scientists that will probably come up with a vaccine to stop his pandemic so he figures, “I know, I will make Trump president and he will make sure all these idiots don’t take the vaccine and slowly die off”.  If we are talking about Fairy Tales we can make one up like that and it seems more plausible than two of every animal on a boat or a burning bush.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Maybe God was acting through Trump.  Let’s look at it through God’s eyes. He probably looked at the people on Earth destroying his creation (climate change, over population, etc….) and said I will send down a plague to kill off a bunch of people so they stop harming my planet.  God then remembers that he unfortunately created scientists that will probably come up with a vaccine to stop his pandemic so he figures, “I know, I will make Trump president and he will make sure all these idiots don’t take the vaccine and slowly die off”.  If we are talking about Fairy Tales we can make one up like that and it seems more plausible than two of every animal on a boat or a burning bush.

Covid : biblical plague :: MAGA : Egyptians

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

He did promise he’d never use a flood again. But plagues have always been part of His toolkit. So He gave us Trump and a plague. Makes perfect sense. 

55 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

The guy's got some stones, that's for sure.

It's fucking mind-boggling all this consternation over wearing a mask for a few weeks while we get shit back under control. Or, you know what -- go get the fucking shot!

54 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

^^^^ Baylor undergrad & law school, BTW.

46 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

If you were single issue pro life and not using that as cover for being a piece of shit you’d at least pick one of the two out of mask and vaccination

And if you truly believe that God will protect you, then you have no need for a gun, right?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

And if you truly believe that God will protect you, then you have no need for a gun, right?

That’s a logic puzzle that they’ve never, ever been able to work through. They are all about their right to protect themselves, it’s sacred….but for this thing that you actually need protection from (you are statistically a jillion times more likely to get a bad case of COVID than you are to be a victim of a violent crime)….well, Jesus will protect me!

Bad at logic. Bad at math. Bad at life. They’re just awful.
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

We really need to drastically expand involuntary commitments. 

9 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

"Eddie Murphy: Delirious begins with the exhortation “Faggots are not allowed to look at my ass while I am onstage.” This gets an applause break. It is a joke in and of itself. What follows are four minutes of exhaustive detail about everything that is gross about gay men. He declares that he has nightmares about gay people; he does impressions of popular celebrities, imagining how ridiculous it would be if they were gay. He expresses concern that his girlfriend will “carry AIDS home with her” after a tennis date with a gay man."

• Fuck You 5

10 minutes ago, lmao said:

"Eddie Murphy: Delirious begins with the exhortation “Faggots are not allowed to look at my ass while I am onstage.” This gets an applause break. It is a joke in and of itself. What follows are four minutes of exhaustive detail about everything that is gross about gay men. He declares that he has nightmares about gay people; he does impressions of popular celebrities, imagining how ridiculous it would be if they were gay. He expresses concern that his girlfriend will “carry AIDS home with her” after a tennis date with a gay man."

Almost 40 years ago, dude.  Things change.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

So 1) There is absolutely no evidence that Covid-19 exists in the world  and 2) she believes in God

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have to admit, the inside of the Oklahoma Capitol is rather nice looking.  I was expecting it to look like a Cracker Barrel got a makeover from Garden Ridge.  Not bad.