CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

17 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

You are all right. Party All the Time was transcendentally bad to the point of goodness. It was as if William Shatner’s vanity album had Rick James in the recording studio.

I’ll see your William Shatner and raise you Leonard Nimoy.

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

This is headed for the unpopular opinions thread.

I hate that song. And now I have a fucking earworm thanks to you assholes.

I thought that song was cheesy even back when it came out in the 80s and basically everything was cheesy but it somehow managed to stand out anyway. 

On 8/13/2021 at 4:21 PM, MC Fresh Breath said:

spacer.png

I wish people would frame this as:

"Tod Tucker was killed by the China Virus, even though President Donald J. Trump worked tirelessly to make sure that an American vaccine was developed to defeat the China Virus.  God acted through President Donald J. Trump tp save his children, and his children rejected President Donald J. Trump's efforts to defeat the China Virus."

Edited by atomheartbevo

On 8/14/2021 at 9:22 AM, Ojo Rojo said:

Many claim this is not about intelligence, but I'm not so sure.  There are plenty of indicators as to which position is objectively, logically wrong.  A certain level of intelligence should be able to see them.  For instance, the state is simultaneously fighting mask mandates and also taking drastic steps to fight the virus.

"Rather than try and prevent COVID with local mask mandates, we're going to treat the outcome of that order by bringing in thousands from out-of-state to help treat the victims."

bold GIF

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Remember, just a couple of pages back, we were told our boy Pressley chose to go on the ventilator.

I do sincerely hope his followers take Lin's advice, however:

spacer.png

I think that was written by Kramer. Probably wants to send him to Tor Eckman. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Remember, just a couple of pages back, we were told our boy Pressley chose to go on the ventilator.

I do sincerely hope his followers take Lin's advice, however:

spacer.png

So his hospital and physicians are insisting on following standard of care despite his family and lawyers demands to the contrary?  Lol.  As a physician I fully support Mr. Wood’s advice that anti-vaxers, science deniers, and those who want to “speak to the manager” about deviating from standard of care should definitely avoid the ‘medical prisons’,  stay home, and exercise their medical freedom.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

So his hospital and physicians are insisting on following standard of care despite his family and lawyers demands to the contrary?  Lol.  As a physician I fully support Mr. Wood’s advice that anti-vaxers, science deniers, and those who want to “speak to the manager” about deviating from standard of care should definitely avoid the ‘medical prisons’,  stay home, and exercise their medical freedom.

My wife was telling me about an acquaintance of hers — the daughter of one of her parents’ good friends — who is in Hawaii and got Covid. She’s in her mid 40’s and she’s struggling. Her sister has apparently posted updates on FB that the doctors finally relented and started treating her with the ivermectin she’d been asking for. Jesus these people.
  • Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I am guessing the Mississippi folks read this and come to the conclusion that you only die from COVID if you are involved with middle school band.  In all seriousness it’s a sad story and I wonder if the band director and his wife that died refused to get vaccinated.  

It's Mississippi. 

Their conclusion could very well be that her death is totally due to "too much book larnin'" and start a "6 years of skool is enuf" movement. 

Apparently this was one of the early Ivermectin blurbs.   May of this year?   I had wondered how this got started.  It was probably posted here, but i missed it.  I wouldn't doubt that Wood is talking about a treatment like this or bleach or something.   Probably figuring there's a malpractice case if the guy dies and they didn't give him Ivermectin or hydrochloroquinine, or bleach, or lysol, or stick a candle up his ass or something.  When they do listen to science, it's always bogus science.

NEWS RELEASE 7-MAY-2021

Latest peer-reviewed research: Immediate global ivermectin use will end COVID-19 pandemic

Peer-Reviewed Publication

FRONTLINE COVID-19 CRITICAL CARE ALLIANCE (FLCCC ALLIANCE)

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Peer reviewed by medical experts that included three U.S. government senior scientists and published in the American Journal of Therapeutics, the research is the most comprehensive review of the available data taken from clinical, in vitro, animal, and real-world studies. Led by the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC), a group of medical and scientific experts reviewed published peer-reviewed studies, manuscripts, expert meta-analyses, and epidemiological analyses of regions with ivermectin distribution efforts all showing that ivermectin is an effective prophylaxis and treatment for COVID-19.

"We did the work that the medical authorities failed to do, we conducted the most comprehensive review of the available data on ivermectin," said Pierre Kory, M.P.A., MD, president and chief medical officer of the FLCCC. "We applied the gold standard to qualify the data reviewed before concluding that ivermectin can end this pandemic."

A focus of the manuscript was on the 27 controlled trials available in January 2021, 15 of which were randomized controlled trials (RCT's), the preferred trial of the World Health Organization, U.S. National Institutes of Health, and the European Medicines Agency. Consistent with numerous meta-analyses of ivermectin RCT's since published by expert panels from the UK, Italy, Spain, and Japan, they found large, statistically significant reduction in mortality, time to recovery and viral clearance in COVID-19 patients treated with ivermectin.

To evaluate the efficacy of ivermectin in preventing COVID-19, 3 RCT's and 5 observational controlled trial's including almost 2,500 patients all reported that ivermectin significantly reduces the risk of contracting COVID-19 when used regularly.

Many regions around the world now recognize that ivermectin is a powerful prophylaxis and treatment for COVID-19. South Africa, Zimbabwe, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Mexico, and now, India, have approved the drug for use by medical professionals. The results as seen in this latest study demonstrate that the ivermectin distribution campaigns repeatedly led to "rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality."

"Our latest research shows, once again, that when the totality of the evidence is examined, there is no doubt that ivermectin is highly effective as a safe prophylaxis and treatment for COVID-19," said Paul E. Marik, M.D., FCCM, FCCP, founding member of the FLCCC and Chief, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at Eastern Virginia Medical School. "We can no longer rely on many of the larger health authorities to make an honest examination of the medical and scientific evidence. So, we are calling on regional public health authorities and medical professionals around the world to demand that ivermectin be included in their standard of care right away so we can end this pandemic once and for all."

###

The published research can be found in the latest edition of the American Journal of Therapeutics: https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/Fulltext/2021/00000/Review_of_the_Emerging_Evidence_Demonstrating_the.4.aspx

https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/666564

Plus this:

Thousands Of Fake Vaccine Cards Seized On Way To New Orleans From China: Feds

Buying, selling or using a counterfeit COVID-19 vaccination card that features an official government agency seal can result in a fine and up to five years in prison.

Thousands of counterfeit COVID-19 vaccination cards have been seized by federal officials in Memphis, Tennessee, over the last year, according to U.S. border patrol officials, as the Senate’s top Democrat urges a broader federal crackdown on the fake cards.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has reported confiscating 3,017 of the fraudulent paper cards from 121 shipments that had arrived at a Memphis port from China as of Friday.

The cards, which authorities said were destined for New Orleans, feature the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) logo in the upper right corner and are blank to allow the recipient to fill in their name, birthdate, and information about the vaccine they are alleging to have received. But there are a number of typos and unfinished words, and some of the Spanish verbiage on the back is misspelled, the CBP said in a release.

Buying, selling or using a fake vaccination card that features an official government agency seal ― like that of the CDC or the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) ― can result in a fine and up to five years in prison, the CBP said.

“If you do not wish to receive a vaccine, that is your decision. But don’t order a counterfeit, waste my officer’s time, break the law, and misrepresent yourself,” Michael Neipert, Area Port Director of Memphis, said in a statement. “When you order a fake vaxx card, you are using my officers time as they also seize fentanyl and methamphetamines.”

Similar seizures have been reported across the country, prompting Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Sunday to call upon the CBP to team up with the FBI and officials with the HHS to better crack down on these cards, The Associated Press reported.

Schumer further requested that the Justice Department prioritize cases involving these cards and for the CBP to strengthen its efforts detecting them upon their overseas arrival.

Last month, a homeopathic doctor in California was charged with one count of wire fraud and one count of making false statements related to health care matters after being accused of selling fraudulent COVID-19 vaccination cards and “immunization pellets” to patients. It was the first federal case of fraud relating to fake COVID-19 inoculations and vaccination cards. If convicted, she faces up to 25 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

15 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Tonight we have about five open beds, but no nursing staff to cover them. We could have had two of the patients with ICU orders admitted, but I had only agreed to come in to help the unit from midnight to four, specifically so I wouldn't have to take patients and double admit. Sorry, Austin. Couldn't do it tonight.

Standard boilerplate text for the following platforms.  Just copy and paste and watch the replies roll in:

Message Board:

[MAGA/COVIDTRUTHER/QANON/TRUMPWON]SEE, IT'S ALL A HOAX! THEY DO HAVE OPEN BEDS! NO VAX EVAR![/MAGA/COVIDTRUTHER/QANON/TRUMPWON]

Social Media:

"Apparently, I heard from a trauma nurse that there was plenty of beds, but the hospital was turning people away, because they want the public to be scared and get the shot"

Email:

My friend (the one that went to Texas, you know, you met him in that bar one time) is friends with some trauma nurse here in Austin, and she says that they had plenty of beds for people with other issues than Covid, but they are turning people away because they can charge more money for Covid patients. Plus, it's all a hoax because they are making so much money they raised the pay for nurses to $100 an hour!  Can you imagine that?  

Note:  Trauma Babe, hang in there.  

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

7 minutes ago, WBT said:

Vaccine cards from China?  Why?  Pretty sure you could gin one up in Word without much problem.  I didn't notice a lot of holograms and security ribbons in mine.

Dude, you know.  It's far cheaper to just order something printed out than to, you know, actually print it yourself.

Plus, just a hunch, and it is strictly observational.  The folks who want a fake vaccine card are probably the folks who can't afford to purchase the replacement ink cartridges for their printer at home, or replace their busted piece of shit 2007 HP inkjet they bought at Wal-Mart that one time with the tax refund or have no idea how to actually connect the printer or even print something.

22 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Tonight we have about five open beds, but no nursing staff to cover them. We could have had two of the patients with ICU orders admitted, but I had only agreed to come in to help the unit from midnight to four, specifically so I wouldn't have to take patients and double admit. Sorry, Austin. Couldn't do it tonight.

Others have said this, but just wanted to  add that I appreciate you weighing in here and vent away of you need.  From my perspective it doesn’t seem you owe anyone an apology.  Take care of yourself.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Apparently this was one of the early Ivermectin blurbs.   May of this year?   I had wondered how this got started.  It was probably posted here, but i missed it.  I wouldn't doubt that Wood is talking about a treatment like this or bleach or something.   Probably figuring there's a malpractice case if the guy dies and they didn't give him Ivermectin or hydrochloroquinine, or bleach, or lysol, or stick a candle up his ass or something.  When they do listen to science, it's always bogus science.

NEWS RELEASE 7-MAY-2021

Latest peer-reviewed research: Immediate global ivermectin use will end COVID-19 pandemic

Plus this:

Buying, selling or using a counterfeit COVID-19 vaccination card that features an official government agency seal can result in a fine and up to five years in prison.

So, when you try and go to that Ivermectin “study,” the link is dead.  Assuming this was recalled.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Dude, you know.  It's far cheaper to just order something printed out than to, you know, actually print it yourself.

Plus, just a hunch, and it is strictly observational.  The folks who want a fake vaccine card are probably the folks who can't afford to purchase the replacement ink cartridges for their printer at home, or replace their busted piece of shit 2007 HP inkjet they bought at Wal-Mart that one time with the tax refund or have no idea how to actually connect the printer or even print something.

Operating my printer would be the least of my difficulties if I wanted to make a fake vaccine card. The first would be finding the heavy paper stock it’s printed on. That probably wouldn’t be too difficult. I could probably find it at Staples. The heavy stock I used to get at Kinko’s to use for making labels for cassette tapes isn’t quite as sturdy but it would probably pass. The hardest thing would be to reproduce the little stickers they stuck to my card after each shot. I’m not sure where I’d get sheets of an adhesive paper but I’m sure it’s out there. Then I’d need to find a way to cut it down. Using a scissors or an X-Acto knife wouldn’t do the trick so I’d probably need to purchase a cutting tool for that, not to mention for cutting down the heavy stock I’d have to use for the fake card in the first place. Plus I’d need a rubber stamp like they used after I got my first shot to stamp the date of when I should get my second shot.

All-in-all, that would be a pretty big hassle. I’m sure it would be easier to just buy one online.  But the cheapest thing to do would be to JUST GET YOUR FUCKING SHOTS! Fucking morons. It’s fast, easy, safe, and effective. Also, quit Facebook. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Operating my printer would be the least of my difficulties if I wanted to make a fake vaccine card. The first would be finding the heavy paper stock it’s printed on. That probably wouldn’t be too difficult. I could probably find it at Staples. The heavy stock I used to get at Kinko’s to use for making labels for cassette tapes isn’t quite as sturdy but it would probably pass. The hardest thing would be to reproduce the little stickers they stuck to my card after each shot. I’m not sure where I’d get sheets of an adhesive paper but I’m sure it’s out there. Then I’d need to find a way to cut it down. Using a scissors or an X-Acto knife wouldn’t do the trick so I’d probably need to purchase a cutting tool for that, not to mention for cutting down the heavy stock I’d have to use for the fake card in the first place. Plus I’d need a rubber stamp like they used after I got my first shot to stamp the date of when I should get my second shot.

All-in-all, that would be a pretty big hassle. I’m sure it would be easier to just buy one online.  But the cheapest thing to do would be to JUST GET YOUR FUCKING SHOTS! Fucking morons. It’s fast, easy, safe, and effective. Also, quit Facebook. 

Sure, everything needed to make your own is at an office supply store: 67# card stock, adhesive label, cutting tool, and the rubber stamp and pad. Regardless, there's a couple of psychological benefits at play here, IMO. For the hustler-easy enough money to find folks who don't want to bother. For the individual creator/purchaser-the thought of putting one over on authority/libs/etc is not to be discounted. It's the Jason Bourne of document creation fantasy of moving through society as the "did my own research" operative. Unlike Bourne, however, most can't help from bragging about it.

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

NEWS RELEASE 7-MAY-2021

Plus this:

Link to study

This is intriguing. I only read the abstract.  Meta-analyses are only as good as the studies they include but can take several level 2 and 3 studies and compile level 1 data. I don’t have time to dig in to the included studies maybe @Anastasis can. 

10 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

I read on a blog that one of his friends told the reporter that none of what Wood said is true (although stutts is doing worse and is on vent). He also called wood “disgusting”. I wonder if that’s why he went to the trouble of posting he was voluntarily going on vent bc he knew Wood was going to pull some shit like this

Edited by Sawbonz
Fat fingers

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Sure, everything needed to make your own is at an office supply store: 67# card stock, adhesive label, cutting tool, and the rubber stamp and pad. Regardless, there's a couple of psychological benefits at play here, IMO. For the hustler-easy enough money to find folks who don't want to bother. For the individual creator/purchaser-the thought of putting one over on authority/libs/etc is not to be discounted. It's the Jason Bourne of document creation fantasy of moving through society as the "did my own research" operative. Unlike Bourne, however, most can't help from bragging about it.

I don't think authorities anticipated a situation where we'd have so much vaccine reluctance in the US so the cards have nothing really to keep them from being produced by shit-heads that want fake cards. But here we are. Plus, whoever is checking the things in NYC or wherever that has a requirement to be vaxxed or COVID negative to enter has no clue how to spot fakes yet, I'm sure. I think the information on them is being logged into some central database, right? At some point, if the vaccine "passports" get to be more of a widespread requirement we'll need to produce something else that serves as your entry card. Maybe it's like a credit card that can be swiped, which will make sure you're up to date on your COVID vaccinations. But the easiest thing is to just, you know, get the fucking shot.

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

@PenelopeWitherspoon might want check your blood pressure before watching this. 

I would have pulled my phone out, recorded that asshole, and hoped he touched me.  He touched me, I would have pressed charges.

Also, that is, I believe, in NYC.  Asshole is supposed to be wearing a mask.  It is still required on all public transport.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I don't think authorities anticipated a situation where we'd have so much vaccine reluctance in the US so the cards have nothing really to keep them from being produced by shit-heads that want fake cards. But here we are. Plus, whoever is checking the things in NYC or wherever that has a requirement to be vaxxed or COVID negative to enter has no clue how to spot fakes yet, I'm sure. I think the information on them is being logged into some central database, right? At some point, if the vaccine "passports" get to be more of a widespread requirement we'll need to produce something else that serves as your entry card. Maybe it's like a credit card that can be swiped, which will make sure you're up to date on your COVID vaccinations. But the easiest thing is to just, you know, get the fucking shot.

Most folks that got vaccinated in NYC have a QR code, and the businesses have scanners to validate it.  So that takes care of a lot of it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I would have pulled my phone out, recorded that asshole, and hoped he touched me.  He touched me, I would have pressed charges.

Also, that is, I believe, in NYC.  Asshole is supposed to be wearing a mask.  It is still required on all public transport.

That guy is breaking the punchable faces meter. Off the charts. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

This is intriguing. I only read the abstract.  Meta-analyses are only as good as the studies they include but can take several level 2 and 3 studies and compile level 1 data. I don’t have time to dig in to the included studies maybe @Anastasis can. 

Just skimmed the outpatient treatment section.  Uncompelling results and some case series. 

Clinical studies on the efficacy of ivermectin in treating mildly ill outpatients

Currently, 7 trials that include a total of more than 3000 patients with mild outpatient illness have been completed, a set composed of 7 RCTs and 4 case series.49–60

The largest, a double-blinded RCT by Mahmud49 was conducted in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and targeted 400 patients with 363 patients completing the study. In this study, as in many other of the clinical studies to be reviewed, either a tetracycline (doxycycline) or macrolide antibiotic (azithromycin) was included as part of the treatment. The importance of including antibiotics such as doxycycline or azithromycin is unclear; however, both tetracycline and macrolide antibiotics have recognized anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, and even antiviral effects (58–61). Although the posted data from this study does not specify the amount of mildly ill outpatients versus hospitalized patients treated, important clinical outcomes were profoundly affected, with increased rates of early improvement (60.7% vs. 44.4% P < 0.03) and decreased rates of clinical deterioration (8.7% vs. 17.8%, P < 0.02). Given that mildly ill outpatients mainly comprised the study cohort, only 2 deaths were observed (both in the control group).

Ravikirti performed a double-blinded RCT of 115 patients, and although the primary outcome of PCR positivity on day 6 was no different, the secondary outcome of mortality was 0% versus 6.9%, P = .019.60 Babalola in Nigeria also performed a double-blinded RCT of 62 patients, and in contrast to Ravikirti, they found a significant difference in viral clearance between both the low-dose and high-dose treatment groups and controls in a dose dependent fashion, P = .006.59

Another RCT by Hashim et al53 in Baghdad, Iraq, included 140 patients equally divided; the control group received standard care, and the treated group included a combination of both outpatient and hospitalized patients. In the 96 patients with mild-to-moderate outpatient illness, they treated 48 patients with a combination of ivermectin/doxycycline and standard of care and compared outcomes with the 48 patients treated with standard of care alone. The standard of care in this trial included medicines such as dexamethasone 6 mg/d or methylprednisolone 40 mg twice per day if needed, vitamin C 1000 mg twice/day, zinc 75–125 mg/d, vitamin D3 5000 IU/day, azithromycin 250 mg/d for 5 days, and acetaminophen 500 mg as needed. Although no patients in either group progressed or died, the time to recovery was significantly shorter in the ivermectin-treated group (6.3 days vs. 13.7 days, P < 0.0001).

Chaccour et al conducted a small, double-blinded RCT in Spain where they randomized 24 patients to ivermectin versus placebo, and although they found no difference in PCR positivity at day 7, they did find statistically significant decreases in viral loads, patient days of anosmia (76 vs. 158, P < 0.05), and patient days with cough (68 vs. 98, P < 0.05).57

Another RCT of ivermectin treatment in 116 outpatients was performed by Chowdhury et al in Bangladesh where they compared a group of 60 patients treated with the combination of ivermectin/doxycycline to a group of 60 patients treated with hydroxychloroquine/doxycycline with a primary outcome of time to negative PCR.54 Although they found no difference in this outcome, in the treatment group, the time to symptomatic recovery approached statistical significance (5.9 days vs. 7.0 days, P = 0.07). In another smaller RCT of 62 patients by Podder et al, they also found a shorter time to symptomatic recovery that approached statistical significance (10.1 days vs. 11.5 days, P > 0.05, 95% CI, 0.86–3.67).55

A medical group in the Dominican Republic reported a case series of 2688 consecutive symptomatic outpatients seeking treatment in the emergency department, most whom were diagnosed using a clinical algorithm. The patients were treated with a high-dose ivermectin of 0.4 mg/kg for one dose along with 5 days of azithromycin. Remarkably, only 16 of the 2688 patients (0.59%) required subsequent hospitalization with only a single death recorded.61

In another case series of 100 patients in Bangladesh, all treated with a combination of 0.2 mg/kg ivermectin and doxycycline, they found that no patient required hospitalization nor died, and all patients' symptoms improved within 72 hours.62

A case series from Argentina reported on a combination protocol that used ivermectin, aspirin, dexamethasone, and enoxaparin. In the 135 mild illness patients, all survived.50 Similarly, a case series from Mexico of 28 consecutively treated patients with ivermectin, all were reported to have recovered with an average time to full recovery of only 3.6 days.58

• Hook 'Em 1

I knew a guy in the 90’s who could fake any document using the technology of the day.  Drivers licenses were obviously his go to item, but he could do grade reports and diplomas as well.  The vaccine cards would have been child’s play for him 25 years ago.