What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

• 1 month later...
Just now, Landomatic said:

Would make living in Kansas City suck less.  Still not enough to actually live there though.

Been here almost 11 years and it's not bad. Better than some other places I've lived. It's not Texas, and we'll move back when we retire. 

On 12/27/2020 at 6:18 PM, Covri said:

A1 Thick and Hearty is the goat, surprised it hasn’t been back in awhile. I did see Dairy Queen offering their own A1T&H sauced burger last year,  but I doubt something like A1T&H sauced burgers would be exclusives.

The other day I ordered a double meat with shredded cheddar, grilled onions and bacon. Supplied my own A1 thick and hearty sauce to the top bun and added their jalapeno ranch to the bottom bun. It was absolute heaven. 

I made sure to get an extra workout in that week. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I never knew it took 175 people to staff a Whataburger. Seems a bit high.

Open 24/7. Easily 10 people per shift. Figuring they’re all full time and working 8 hours that’s 21 shits to cover a week. Never thought of it that way but 175 seems about right.

2 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Open 24/7. Easily 10 people per shift. Figuring they’re all full time and working 8 hours that’s 21 shits to cover a week. Never thought of it that way but 175 seems about right.

So, first, there is no way that most shifts have 10 people working there. 

2nd, even if there is, your math is way off.

Not what I ordered at WB. How is it off? 24 hours in a day so calling it three shifts a day. So 21 shifts a week. Maybe 10 is high for all day but even at 6 people per shift that’s 126 man shifts a week.

20 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Not what I ordered at WB. How is it off? 24 hours in a day so calling it three shifts a day. So 21 shifts a week. Maybe 10 is high for all day but even at 6 people per shift that’s 126 man shifts a week.

Because employees will work more than 1 shift a week. You’ve just multiplied the number of shifts by six. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide

Sister who was an assistant manager at Whataburger for a while says main shift at Cinco Ranch had 15-16 on staff. Rural areas and overnight have fewer, of course.

2 hours ago, elfenix said:
3 hours ago, Both Tacos said:
Does it automatically come on Texas toast or you sub out? Looks better than the other pic above.

Sub. Nearly all specialty burgers are better on toast, I've found.

Yep. Going with Texas Toast is a must, IMHO. 

13 hours ago, castolon said:

2 things

https://www.expressnews.com/business/local/article/San-Antonio-based-Whataburger-gives-employees-16070098.php

Also the buffalo chicken strip sandwich is back. Upon further review you can probably order that at all times by making your own in the app, but that's not important right now. 

Most of the time they’ll just make it for you if you ask. Sometimes they get all proper and say it’s not on the menu and you have to do the substitutions song and dance. It’s better on Texas toast, too.