What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yep, no offers here.  Must be geolocated to the poors. 

I'm visiting my son in DFW area and he had the offer, but I didn't.  Who knows?

And, because he did, i just had my first green hatch chile burger and substituted creamy pepper for mayo like many suggested. They are as good as advertised. Haven't lived in Texas for over 20 years and Whataburger is just now coming to our area.  It's never been on the menu when I've visited Texas in the past, and I don't ever remember it being available at this time of the year before. It was great. 

I had not had a legit burger since 2016 as of the other day, as I became dedicated to limiting carbs and not eating bread. The other day I had to go pick up a cheeseburger for my mom, so I figured I would make it a special occasion and get my favorite Monterrey Melt. I ordered and the girl up front had no idea what the hell I was talking about. Apparently, they discontinued the Monterrey Melt a while back after serving it and pumping it in ads for several years.

OK, so plan B was chosen when I saw the promo poster for the hatch chili bacon burger, which is somewhat similar but with bacon. It was pretty good, but really missing that ranch peppercorn mayo dressing that used to really pull the MM all together.

Edited by DougO

1 hour ago, DougO said:

I had not had a legit burger since 2016 as of the other day, as I became dedicated to limiting carbs and not eating bread. The other day I had to go pick up a cheeseburger for my mom, so I figured I would make it a special occasion and get my favorite Monterrey Melt. I ordered and the girl up front had no idea what the hell I was talking about. Apparently, they discontinued the Monterrey Melt a while back after serving it and pumping it in ads for several years.

OK, so plan B was chosen when I saw the promo poster for the hatch chili bacon burger, which is somewhat similar but with bacon. It was pretty good, but really missing that ranch peppercorn mayo dressing that used to really pull the MM all together.

lots of people in this thread are subbing jalapeno ranch (the monty melt sauce) for mayo. 

they have all the ingredients back there for a monty melt, you might need a shift manager to help the cashier out if the cashier is new, but they can make one. 

37 minutes ago, elfenix said:

lots of people in this thread are subbing jalapeno ranch (the monty melt sauce) for mayo. 

they have all the ingredients back there for a monty melt, you might need a shift manager to help the cashier out if the cashier is new, but they can make one. 

I subbed creamy pepper for the mayo when I tried it. Tasted just fine to me. 

15 hours ago, DougO said:

use the app. whataburger and chic fil have great apps 

Edited by tx 3 putt

19 hours ago, elfenix said:

The clerk chick actually offered to ask the shift manager if they could still make one, and returned negative. I probably won't try again any time soon because I gotta get back on course. But I am disappoint that my one burger order for 2020 was fail. I was really hankering a MM. The burger I got was still good, though.

Edited by DougO

2 minutes ago, DougO said:

The clerk chick actually offered to ask the shift manager if they could still make one, and returned negative. I probably won't try again any time soon because I gotta get back on course. But I am disappoint that my one burger order for 2020 was fail. I was really hankering a MM. The burger I got was still good, though.

so this is too late to help you now, but in the future:

#2 plain/dry, add grilled peppers/onions, add american and jack cheese, add jalapeno ranch.  walla.  if you start with a patty melt and get grilled peppers/onions instead of just grilled onions it's pretty much there and slightly cheaper, tho it's 2 slices of jack instead of 1 of each. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

so this is too late to help you now, but in the future:

#2 plain/dry, add grilled peppers/onions, add american and jack cheese, add jalapeno ranch.  walla.  if you start with a patty melt and get grilled peppers/onions instead of just grilled onions it's pretty much there and slightly cheaper, tho it's 2 slices of jack instead of 1 of each. 

Or basically just get the hatch burger with jap ranch. I don't really go for the toast with the patty melt. I like the traditional bun.

59 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Has anyone tried their sticky chicken sandwich yet?

i assume you mean spicy, and yes, several in this thread have.  i don't think i'll be ordering it again.  it's pre-fried and flash frozen just like the  usual fried chicken sandwich at whataburger, so it's not particularly high quality, they want more for it than CFA or popeye's, and even after getting it with buffalo sauce it wasn't particularly spicy. 

that said, if you like the regular fried chicken sandwich at whataburger you might like this one. 

Edited by elfenix

17 hours ago, elfenix said:

i assume you mean spicy, and yes, several in this thread have.  i don't think i'll be ordering it again.  it's pre-fried and flash frozen just like the  usual fried chicken sandwich at whataburger, so it's not particularly high quality, they want more for it than CFA or popeye's, and even after getting it with buffalo sauce it wasn't particularly spicy. 

that said, if you like the regular fried chicken sandwich at whataburger you might like this one. 

Glad I didn't waste money on it then. 

27 minutes ago, Mac8111 said:

The spicy chicken sandwich is the weakest out of all the chain restaurants. Tried it again last night and it was boring and not great.

whataBURGER.  it’s in the name!  don’t get chicken.  unless it’s the honey butter chicken biscuit.  and even that isn’t as good as the other breakfast offerings.  but it’s decent. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

whataBURGER.  it’s in the name!  don’t get chicken.  unless it’s the honey butter chicken biscuit.  and even that isn’t as good as the other breakfast offerings.  but it’s decent. 

Getting a regular or jalapeno cheddar biscuit with the honey butter is so much better than the honey butter chicken biscuit. The chicken isn't so much unnecesarry as it is a negative...and I LIKE the honey butter chicken biscuit.

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Getting a regular or jalapeno cheddar biscuit with the honey butter is so much better than the honey butter chicken biscuit. The chicken isn't so much unnecesarry as it is a negative...and I LIKE the honey butter chicken biscuit.

I agree.  whataburger chicken just isn’t that good.  but then, that’s not why we go. 

• Fuck You 1

15 hours ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Getting a regular or jalapeno cheddar biscuit with the honey butter is so much better than the honey butter chicken biscuit. 

Yep.  You can find Whataburger Honey Butter at CM or HEB (if it's open), and slathering it on Pillsbury Grand's biscuits is a damn tasty home breffiss.

Got the number 2 add bacon cheese japs and yes Mayo, onion rings, and a Dr Pepper. Was great and I’m ashamed to say I didn’t finish the burger. They gave me a ton of perfectly cooked onion rings. 4 hours later on reheat the last remaining 1/3 of the burger was still great. Whataburger > *

I need to try adding honey butter to the sausage egg and cheese jalapeño biscuit sandwich, that’s the best breakfast biscuit sandwich already so curious if it can actually be improved.

On 12/11/2020 at 9:54 PM, Covri said:

Got the number 2 add bacon cheese japs and yes Mayo, onion rings, and a Dr Pepper. Was great and I’m ashamed to say I didn’t finish the burger. They gave me a ton of perfectly cooked onion rings. 4 hours later on reheat the last remaining 1/3 of the burger was still great. Whataburger > *

I need to try adding honey butter to the sausage egg and cheese jalapeño biscuit sandwich, that’s the best breakfast biscuit sandwich already so curious if it can actually be improved.

Add bacon to the biscuit sandwich.   

My kids are a half-generation apart (8 years, son is 23 and daughter 16 [fuck no, no pics]) and they both still insist on Whataburger over all other fast food and then order BBQ chicken sandwiches. They don't agree on much else and they are both so wrong about that.

Bay City downtown Whataburger the other night was fucking weird. Ordered a mushroom / Swiss burger w/ grilled jalapenos meal and it was like I stopped time...I could hear the chick on the drive thru mike telling people what I'd ordered and then there were all these hushed whispers among the staff like I was asking them to pull off some amazing task they'd never been presented with but were willing to try. And meal comes out in reasonable time, fries were amazing, and it was the worst Whataburger burger I've ever had. Dry as fuck, cold as Saban's heart. I guess that particular option is a little too much for Matagorda County. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...