Things not going well for USPS

Celery Man

Trump walking to Marine One in one those off the cuff interviews:

Said the Post Office has been horribly operated.  Reporter asked him if people should feel worry about getting their meds through the mail.  Instantly said Post Office was operating great.

Reporter then asked about mail in ballots.  He said it was horrible but absentees were very secure.

Lulz.

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Trump walking to Marine One in one those off the cuff interviews:

Said the Post Office has been horribly operated.  Reporter asked him if people should feel worry about getting their meds through the mail.  Instantly said Post Office was operating great.

Reporter then asked about mail in ballots.  He said it was horrible but absentees were very secure.

Lulz.

Goddamn are you serious? That sounds extreme even for his stupid ass.

27 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Goddamn are you serious? That sounds extreme even for his stupid ass.

Why not? It's not like there's ever any repercussions. Motherfucker has said some of the dumbest things any elected official has ever said in history and still has a stunning amount of support.

Finding new ways to  kill off the olds, as if covid-19 wasn't quite enough.

82-year-old Houston-area man left without heart medicine for a week due to USPS delays

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/82-year-old-houston-area-man-left-without-heart-medicine-for-a-week-due-to-usps-delays

Note: no deaths in this instance, but not hard to imagine it taking place soon.

3 minutes ago, Pasken said:

$10 says that fat piece of shit is going to spend time in Florida during their early voting week meaning that he could have voted in person.

Pasken, Pasken.... you just don't get it do you. Mail in voting is the worst thing to ever happen to this country and will lead to a rigged 2020 election. Unless you're in Florida. There it's super awesome.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Finding new ways to  kill off the olds, as if covid-19 wasn't quite enough.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/82-year-old-houston-area-man-left-without-heart-medicine-for-a-week-due-to-usps-delays

Note: no deaths in this instance, but not hard to imagine it taking place soon.

It is what it is

Lulz at this whole thing.  They really stepped on their own dicks.  They didn't realize how much product the post office moves and how many people depend on it.  Despite being a punchline to the point it was a plot on Seinfeld, the USPS is relative reliable, cheap, and well liked.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Lulz at this whole thing.  They really stepped on their own dicks.  They didn't realize how much product the post office moves and how many people depend on it.  Despite being a punchline to the point it was a plot on Seinfeld, the USPS is relative reliable, cheap, and well liked.

USPS has something like 91% approval I think I saw posted on here? It's going to be a race to see if the WH can beat the mental midgets who suddenly realize that when it says "free shipping" it doesn't mean you don't pay for it.

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Remove the fully funded pension requirement and you can save billions and keep service levels as is instead of reducing service levels to save less.  Dummy.  

This seems like the most reasonable and best option. Take the fully funded pension handcuff off the USPS and they will be just fine, I'd assume. If the pension fails, it fails. If not, awesome.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

The postal service has been failing for decades. So we're going to reduce their capacity to sort mail and make them fail even further. And people wondered why his businesses all go bankrupt. 

Its the standard Republican MO even though Trump is like the steroid version of it.

1) Yell X government agency is shitty! (Even though X government agency is mostly fine, but inefficient or underfunded)

2) Get power and make X government agency as shitty as possible.

3) Yell, see I told you it was shitty!  I was right, look how shitty it is!  Lets give its funding to the DoD instead so it can buy a few more thousand dollar hammers with no oversight. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Its the standard Republican MO even though Trump is like the steroid version of it.

1) Yell X government agency is shitty! (Even though X government agency is mostly fine, but inefficient or underfunded)

2) Get power and make X government agency as shitty as possible.

3) Yell, see I told you it was shitty!  I was right, look how shitty it is!  Lets give its funding to the DoD instead so it can buy a few more thousand dollar hammers with no oversight. 

When your chief strategist calls for the deconstruction of the administrative state - you sort of waive your right to moan about the lousy state of administration.  amirite?