Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×

5 hours ago, GRHorn said:

On the athletic front, don’t know if it’s been posted, but TAAF cancelled all summer sports (track, swimming etc). Bummed but not surprised. 

you know, i had to put phlegm on ignore a long time ago to just avoid his silliness to some extent...but more importantly so i did not have to vomit every time he posted those fucking longcat food pic walls of disgusting shit.  your avatar has me contemplating that for you as the second ever.  what in god's fucking name is that?  a fucking hot dog surrounded by the world's shittiest steak and dogshit that someone vomited?  i sure hope i'm missing something here.

1 minute ago, sidis said:

you know, i had to put phlegm on ignore a long time ago to just avoid his silliness to some extent...but more importantly so i did not have to vomit every time he posted those fucking longcat food pic walls of disgusting shit.  your avatar has me contemplating that for you as the second ever.  what in god's fucking name is that?  a fucking hot dog surrounded by the world's shittiest steak and dogshit that someone vomited?  i sure hope i'm missing something here.

do you know what you have done?

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

do you know what you have done?

no.  hate being the guy who hasn't looked at shit in a while and isn't in on whatever nonsense insider stuff is going on but that's obviously me on this one.

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

no.  hate being the guy who hasn't looked at shit in a while and isn't in on whatever nonsense insider stuff is going on but that's obviously me on this one.

9 minutes ago, sidis said:

Not only did he pay top $$$ for that plate of shit, he risked his and his family's lives to do so. 

100 percent grade A made in America MORON

42 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
2 hours ago, Lobo said:
Didn't stop them from contemplating it.  According to a document, it's a possible recommendation.  I'm sure they'll buy all they can and then realize the rest isn't possible.  
Our school is about to announce a 50/50 model that most are.  But they're trying something different where you pick a particular tract for 9 weeks and you have to stick to it one way or the other.  

Just have half go MWF and the other half TuesThurs. Then the next week flip it. One way hallways, wear masks, unfortunately no sports.

To do that, you'd also have to have every parent's employer and daycare provider align themselves with the ISD's calendar staggering.  That seems really easy.

9 minutes ago, sidis said:

He went out to Bob’s on the first day of restaurant openings and posted that as some sort of brag. He got slammed for it for a few days so like a petulant child he has doubled down. 

9 hours ago, BradInATX said:

It's maddening to me that nobody has collected any good data on this. We can nitpick about shutting down a week earlier or whatever, but this is the type of stuff where leadership has completely failed. As things are re-opening, people are going to have to start making decisions where they're balancing their livelihood against their health and their children's health. And leadership, on all levels, has completely failed to provide us with any real data around where the real risks are. I mean, we're two-plus months into this motherfucker and we still don't know for sure whether we really need to wipe down our groceries or not. 

We are relying on Korea and France and China to give us the science and data behind the disease that we need to make decisions that are best for our families.

That is fucked up.

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

The offspring of Appalachian Cousin-Marriages feel sorry for Bexar County politicians.

Edited by RDCanecutter

35 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Wasn't the DT thread making fun of the Italian mayor and his hug a Chinese initiative back in February?

I'm sure pointing this out in that thread would earn me a vacation though.

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Wasn't the DT thread making fun of the Italian mayor and his hug a Chinese initiative back in February?

It's not worth it.  I just clicked on that to see if there were any signs of intelligent life over there.  There aren't.

(P.S. I find it fascinating that some of the stupidest posters on this site have very high rep points -- cheeseweasel)

3 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

They can all be stupid, and quite often are.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

He went out to Bob’s on the first day of restaurant openings and posted that as some sort of brag. He got slammed for it for a few days so like a petulant child he has doubled down. 

Or I know that is what I am known for most here now, and I’m able to laugh about it. 

2 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Not only did he pay top $$$ for that plate of shit, he risked his and his family's lives to do so. 

100 percent grade A made in America MORON

My God, you’re a drama queen. 

Went to a public park yesterday, and Target a few days ago. Was that risking their lives too?

Heights beer garden and Superica appear busy.

Just when it's probably safe to be out in a patio the weather gets hot

you are a weird dude
Best raconteur on here because of it, tho

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you are a weird dude

You couldn’t recognize Merle Haggard. That’s weird. 

The local shithole bar had a full parking lot tonight.  I was getting takeout from the mexican place next door.

5 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

The local shithole bar had a full parking lot tonight.  I was getting takeout from the mexican place next door.

Ours have been slammed.  I like to drink in bars (alot), but going to wait it out a bit.  Don't like it when they are that damn crowded anyhow.  Even the real hole in the walls are filled.  

7 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

The offspring of Appalachian Cousin-Marriages feel sorry for Bexar County politicians.

Bexar County GOP remembers the Alamo and wants to relive it. Sam Houston is not walking through that door with reinforcements...or a miracle cure. 

Went to Float inn in New Braunfels today cause I was in the area. Someone let their kid off the leash and let them jump in a big ass puddle next to me three times and was in a spot it kept hitting me in the eye over a 5 minute period. Told the kid to stop, and apparently that set off alarms to the people around me I was” yelling” at a kid.

“Why come to the river if youre gonna yell about getting wet? “

No fat bitch, I’m yelling cause for the last 5 minutes this kids parents have been delinquent and letting them do whatever the fuck they want. When I did that as a kid, I got my fucking ass whooped and I didn’t repeat it. Your fat fucking ass is not their parent, and doesn’t need to talk shit to me with your tatted up, trashy fat ass getting fingerbanged in the water.

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Went to Float inn in New Braunfels today cause I was in the area. Someone let their kid off the leash and let them jump in a big ass puddle next to me three times and was in a spot it kept hitting me in the eye over a 5 minute period. Told the kid to stop, and apparently that set off alarms to the people around me I was” yelling” at a kid.

No fat bitch, I’m yelling cause for the last 5 minutes this kids parents have been delinquent and letting them do whatever the fuck they want. When I did that as a kid, I got my fucking ass whooped and I didn’t repeat it. Your fat fucking ass is not their parent, and doesn’t need to talk shit to me with your tatted up, trashy fat ass getting fingerbanged in the water.

Well first off, move away from where that was happening? And they have a pretty fucking good point. As to the rest I agree about general parenting skills but I’m not sure why it would fit on this thread. You sound like an asshole.

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

Well first off, move away from where that was happening? And they have a pretty fucking good point. As to the rest I agree about general parenting skills but I’m not sure why it would fit on this thread. You sound like an asshole.

Well it reopened today so yea that’s why I put it here. In a reopening thread.

could I have moved? Yea. I was in the water next to the curb standing on top of jagged rocks with no shoes. Could they have moved? Yea.

TLDR, suck my dick

18 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Well it reopened today so yea that’s why I put it here. In a reopening thread.

could I have moved? Yea. I was in the water next to the curb standing on top of jagged rocks with no shoes. Could they have moved? Yea.

TLDR, suck my dick

In five minutes you couldn’t move? I’m sorry you went to the river with no shoes and you are too lazy to actually do anything about your situation. You put yourself there, figure it out.

Posted (edited)

Seriously, this is the version of fuck these assholes they are crowding up my river/lake/beach and I don’t like it but it’s fine for me to be there. We are a country of assholes and idiots. Do what you gotta do but don’t complain when other people aren’t meeting your expectations of social distancing. You put yourself there. You could have stayed home. You should have stayed home. But just like you nobody listens to what should be done. It’s their fault. Fuck off with your sob story.

or, again if you are just trying to complain about unruly kids and their bad parents - something that has bothered me forever - I’m not sure why this has anything to do with Texas reopening. Clue me in.

Edited by justhookit

5 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

5 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Can't really shoulder check children because of their size but you can throw a hip into them.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, justhookit said:

Seriously, this is the version of fuck these assholes they are crowding up my river/lake/beach and I don’t like it but it’s fine for me to be there. We are a country of assholes and idiots. Do what you gotta do but don’t complain when other people aren’t meeting your expectations of social distancing. You put yourself there. You could have stayed home. You should have stayed home. But just like you nobody listens to what should be done. It’s their fault. Fuck off with your sob story.

or, again if you are just trying to complain about unruly kids and their bad parents - something that has bothered me forever - I’m not sure why this has anything to do with Texas reopening. Clue me in.

No, not really. You’re projecting quite a bit. I clearly don’t care about the physical distancing part or I wouldn’t have gone to the river on MDW. Not a sob story to sarcastically report on the river and the bars reopening on what is historically its busiest weekend. Pretend like you’ve been on this site before.

Edited by StassneyHorn

My neighbor's kid drives for doordash for spending cash and last night I was out front talking to his dad for a minute when he drove up and walked up to us exasperated. The dad asked what happened and the kid said he wasn't going to do any more for the night because he kept getting orders at chains and every one he went to was full of people waiting outside with no masks and no distance. Before there would never be anyone outside and you'd just call and they'd bring the order to your car. 

I was intrigued so I drove down the street to Watters Creek shopping center which in normal times is packed full but lately has been a ghost town. It looked just as it would have on a May Friday night in 2019. Looks like my theory that after a reopen people would at first feel a little distance is necessary then quickly fall back into old habits once they see social media posts of their friends/relatives/colleagues doing it may have even been too optimistic. If what I heard and saw last night is indicative of the state as a whole we switched on a massive change this week. 

4 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

My neighbor's kid drives for doordash for spending cash and last night I was out front talking to his dad for a minute when he drove up and walked up to us exasperated. The dad asked what happened and the kid said he wasn't going to do any more for the night because he kept getting orders at chains and every one he went to was full of people waiting outside with no masks and no distance. Before there would never be anyone outside and you'd just call and they'd bring the order to your car. 

I was intrigued so I drove down the street to Watters Creek shopping center which in normal times is packed full but lately has been a ghost town. It looked just as it would have on a May Friday night in 2019. Looks like my theory that after a reopen people would at first feel a little distance is necessary then quickly fall back into old habits once they see social media posts of their friends/relatives/colleagues doing it may have even been too optimistic. If what I heard and saw last night is indicative of the state as a whole we switched on a massive change this week. 

yeah you could see the changes here in Allen the last few weeks with places starting to get busy again. There was a line to get into tj maxx two weeks ago when they first opened so out of curiosity I drove by last weekend and yep still a line. Masks being worn by some but definitely not all. I drove through waters crossing about a month ago and there were only a handful of people on that lawn area that’s normally packed.

really really curios, what would make one stand in line to get inside a tj maxx...

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

No, not really. You’re projecting quite a bit. I clearly don’t care about the physical distancing part or I wouldn’t have gone to the river on MDW. Not a sob story to sarcastically report on the river and the bars reopening on what is historically its busiest weekend. Pretend like you’ve been on this site before.

wear a mask and practice social distancing idiot. 

I wear a mask and have a bandana in my car when I make trips to HEB.

You want me to wear a mask in the water? Get real.

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

No, I just wanted to call you an idiot. 

29 minutes ago, texas08 said:

really really curios, what would make one stand in line to get inside a tj maxx...

the savings!!!!!

I really like that store but I can't imagine making that my first post-lockdown visit.  Basically the same thing as Chili's.  Nothing wrong with either outlet, just bizarre that's your preference after being homebound.  

16 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Or I know that is what I am known for most here now, and I’m able to laugh about it. 

That’s not what you’re most known for on here, btw

That’s not what you’re most known for on here, btw

Nope, it’s not. It’s just perfectly on-brand for what he’s known for.

Took a walk up and down Magnolia Ave. here in Ft. Worth yesterday evening. Magnolia is a cool area but has always been pretty dead. Yeah some folks here and there waking around going to restaurants or bars around. Yesterday there were a ton of people out and about. On the one hand it was nice to see people out and about, but on the other hand it amuses me that none of these people ever frequented these places before pre-covid. We had thought about stopping at this new bar and having a drink in their outdoor space. But it was SLAMMED when we walked by and said “no thanks”. 

Meant to post this here and not the Dotard thread. 

I’m at a gas station in Boerne right now. Not a mask in sight. 

Went to pick up some Thai take-out yesterday on Cedar Springs in Dallas. Tons of people out, not one with a mask on besides me and the restaurant employees. Patio at Cafe Brazil was slammed. I got crazy looks too presumably for wearing a mask(or just getting checked out by the Gheys). Guards got let down too quickly. This Won’t end well.

2 hours ago, texas08 said:

No fucking clue. 

1 hour ago, Stunns38 said:

Went to pick up some Thai take-out yesterday on Cedar Springs in Dallas. Tons of people out, not one with a mask on besides me and the restaurant employees. Patio at Cafe Brazil was slammed. I got crazy looks too presumably for wearing a mask(or just getting checked out by the Gheys). Guards got let down too quickly. This Won’t end well.

I've been out and about in Austin a bit more this this week than normal. But still wearing a mask whenever I enter a building. I would say the majority of people I see are doing the same. Many wearing masks when they're outside. I don't even do that. Usually take it off once outside and away from other people. Austin *might* be fine in all of this.

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

I wear a mask and have a bandana in my car when I make trips to HEB.

Complaining about social distancing while leaving your house for an entirely non-essential trip. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Hey Brisket, has what you've seen so far brought you down to my level of "lack of faith" in Texans yet? I'm wondering if I gave Texans too much credit by even saying the majority will last a weekend before being pulled out by peer/social media pressure. 

All for a virus that in 2 months the has killed over 30 percent of the number of Texans that died in WW1. And has probably only infected 5-10 percent of the state yet.

Land of the brainwashed and too stupid to be cautious during the "1st quarter" of a pandemic

Edited by Wanker Bob

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Complaining about social distancing while leaving your house for an entirely non-essential trip. 

Where did I complain about social distancing protocol? Nowhere. I complained about shitty parents letting kids run wild. Was also already in New Braunfels for school that day. Some of you need to recognize a drunk post at midnight and have a good MDW.

8 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Took a walk up and down Magnolia Ave. here in Ft. Worth yesterday evening. Magnolia is a cool area but has always been pretty dead. Yeah some folks here and there waking around going to restaurants or bars around. Yesterday there were a ton of people out and about. On the one hand it was nice to see people out and about, but on the other hand it amuses me that none of these people ever frequented these places before pre-covid. We had thought about stopping at this new bar and having a drink in their outdoor space. But it was SLAMMED when we walked by and said “no thanks”. 

I googled that stretch and man it has really changed down there.   Used to be a wonderful old school pharmacy at the southwest corner of Hemphill and Magnolia.   Couple by the name of Hamra ran it.  Modern Drug.   I see Paris Coffee is still there.  Excellent.  But so many new little bars and eateries.  Certainly has been gentrified.  Ah well, thanks for reminding me of that great little part of Ft Worth.

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion