Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

2 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

What's weird is that growing up in a town, population 25,000 and dropping, seemed like I met more Jewish people than folks here from veritable metropoles. Granted, we were an old river town that for some reason more than 100 years ago appealed to a mob of folks fleeing the Austro-Hungarian Empire, but they thrived for a good while, starting with nothing, skipping grades in school, turning umbrella repair shops into an entire business district, being mayor quite a few times.

Those days are gone now, you won't hear any Yiddish, the kids ran off to big towns to do something else or just blended in. Remarkable percentage of brunette Episcopalians there now.

There is a very old and suspiciously olive-skinned aristocratic Southern family by the name of Marks. In TN they are Episcopalian and in Louisiana they are Papists. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

At Jesuit, the one kid we thought was Jewish (I mean, his name is Melvin Marx) is now an archdeadon in the Antiochan Orthodox Church, which is much fancier then both Episcopal and Catholic.

He's at left in this pic.

https://www.pravoslavie.ru/sas/image/101909/190991.p.jpg?mtime=1416402466  

As a civilian, he's still Melvin, but when he puts on those vestments, he becomes Meletios. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

At Jesuit, the one kid we thought was Jewish (I mean, his name is Melvin Marx) is now an archdeadon in the Antiochan Orthodox Church, which is much fancier then both Episcopal and Catholic.

He's at left in this pic.

https://www.pravoslavie.ru/sas/image/101909/190991.p.jpg?mtime=1416402466  

Yeah, that's where it's at, clouds of incense. 

Big disappointment that protestant churches interpret "frankincense and myrrh" as "drop ceilings and fluorescent lights."

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Yeah, that's where it's at, clouds of incense. 
Big disappointment that protestant churches interpret "frankincense and myrrh" as "drop ceilings and fluorescent lights."
As a recovering Catholic I always enjoyed my dad's alter boy stories about spinning the incense overhead in a 360 pretty funny.

The probable molestation stories - less so.

carpet bagging fuck stain . . . Texas Republican party to a tee.
go back to Florida Allen West
go back to Canada (or Cancun) Ted Cruz
go back to Maryland Danny Patrick (Goeb)
go back to Virgina Ken Paxton (and stop fucking every member of Donna Campbell's staff, you horny cross-eyed little fucker)
The Texas I grew up in was a good place before you culture war cocksuckers showed up.   Please leave.
You should go take Texas history on the 40.
Rough times for sure
But...

Ross Ramsey hints in this column, along with Patrick Svitek in a tweet that Sid Miller is keeping things very close to the vest and could be his primary opponent. He was with West at the protest outside the Governor’s mansion. Personally, I don’t think he has it in him, and could just as easily continue to try and hide under the radar in Ag, get a check and do nothing but shitpost on the internet.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/08/texas-power-outages-2022-elections-sid-miller-greg-abbott/

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

Ross Ramsey hints in this column, along with Patrick Svitek in a tweet that Sid Miller is keeping things very close to the vest and could be his primary opponent. He was with West at the protest outside the Governor’s mansion. Personally, I don’t think he has it in him, and could just as easily continue to try and hide under the radar in Ag, get a check and do nothing but shitpost on the internet.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/08/texas-power-outages-2022-elections-sid-miller-greg-abbott/

Good god. The Texas GOP governors just keep getting worse and worse and worse. We go from W, how do you do worse than W? Rick Perry! How do you do worse than Rick Perry? Why Greg Abbott is how. How do you do worse than Abbott? Well, Sid Miller or Allan West would surely qualify there.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

This would be fucking insane.

On 3/7/2021 at 9:03 PM, Disco Strangler said:

carpet bagging fuck stain . . . Texas Republican party to a tee.

go back to Florida Allen West

go back to Canada (or Cancun) Ted Cruz

go back to Maryland Danny Patrick (Goeb)

go back to Virgina Ken Paxton (and stop fucking every member of Donna Campbell's staff, you horny cross-eyed little fucker)

The Texas I grew up in was a good place before you culture war cocksuckers showed up.   Please leave.

I have a good friend who was drafted to run against West's wife for a seat on the Garland City Council. Very good, very smart, thoroughly decent progressive. Working to get him elected.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:
If Sid Miller becomes governor of Texas; I'm out. 

Sid Miller's campaign will have him championing the "Jesus shot" he got on the taxpayers' dime because the Texas GQP will eat it up as proof that he's been selected by God to be governor.

Sid and Art Briles go way back. 

I would be surprised if it was Miller.  He has been quiet for a long time and not trying to get his name in the news.  He seems content to collect a 6 figure paycheck for doing absolutely nothing.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I would be surprised if it was Miller.  He has been quiet for a long time and not trying to get his name in the news.  He seems content to collect a 6 figure paycheck for doing absolutely nothing.

He even gave up getting his name on every gas pump. Kinda sad about that one. I got a lot of satisfaction changing it to STD Miller when filling up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Imagine the stupidest, most counter-productive, self-destructive thing that Texas could do.

That's what we'll do.  We are hell-bent on shooting our own dick clean off, and if there's one thing we're good at, it's pulling the trigger till the gun goes "click."

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Imagine the stupidest, most counter-productive, self-destructive thing that Texas could do.

That's what we'll do.  We are hell-bent on shooting our own dick clean off, and if there's one thing we're good at, it's pulling the trigger till the gun goes "click."

Yep.  Now that I only have to see Texas politics from afar, the superiority complex of Texans is laughable.  You're a joke of a state government, fucking FitLump is on the city council of Austin and you're in the bottom third in healthcare, education, opportunity, crime and natural environment.

• Double the national average for uninsured
  • Fatter than the county as a whole
  • Sit in traffic for hours a day because the state doesn't seriously invest in public transportation
  • Roads are worse than the national average
  • Median household income is lower than the national average
  • Higher poverty rate
  • Incarceration rate is over 100/100k residents higher than the national average
  • Violent crime rate higher than the national average
  • Days with unhealthy air quality higher than average
  • Drinking water violation points higher than the national average

But MUH TEXAS ECONOMY! 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

15 hours ago, pantone159 said:

Good god. The Texas GOP governors just keep getting worse and worse and worse. We go from W, how do you do worse than W? Rick Perry! How do you do worse than Rick Perry? Why Greg Abbott is how. How do you do worse than Abbott? Well, Sid Miller or Allan West would surely qualify there.

W was a much better governor than he was president. If you offered me a deal where every Texas governor from here forward is an exact clone of W during his governorship here and there's no risk of any more Abbott's or any of the insane Texas GOP being governor, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

• Hook 'Em 5

49 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yep.  Now that I only have to see Texas politics from afar, the superiority complex of Texans is laughable.  You're a joke of a state government, fucking FitLump is on the city council of Austin and you're in the bottom third in healthcare, education, opportunity, crime and natural environment.

• Sit in traffic for hours a day because the state doesn't seriously invest in public transportation
  • Higher poverty rate
  • Incarceration rate is over 100/100k residents higher than the national average

But MUH TEXAS ECONOMY! 

What you fail to acknowledge is its carpetbaggers causing most of this.

Edited by RPM
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

If Sid Miller becomes governor of Texas; I'm out. 

My wife is a Canadian citizen and we’re having serious discussions about her and a couple of my kids (16 and 22) becoming Canadian citizens and possibly packing up and moving to Canada.

I would have to stay here though since my job doesn’t really exist in Canada and I don’t think I can become a citizen there anyway. I suppose I can western union money to them like the illegals here send back to their families in Mexico. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

You’d like to think so, but you’d be wrong. Plenty of shitheel natives to blame too.

Oh, they need accessories to the crime, no doubt.  Let's never pretend that we don't have plenty of shitheels born and raised.  But For fuck's sake....Texas politics is about to be completely owned by this utterly non-Texan piece of shit:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, RPM said:

What you fail to acknowledge is its carpetbaggers causing most of this.

Carpetbaggers couldn't cause this if we weren't busy voting them into office.  So no. Texans can't tell the difference between a Texan and a caricature of a Texan.  That's on us as Texans.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

13 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

My wife is a Canadian citizen and we’re having serious discussions about her and a couple of my kids (16 and 22) becoming Canadian citizens and possibly packing up and moving to Canada.

I would have to stay here though since my job doesn’t really exist in Canada and I don’t think I can become a citizen there anyway. I suppose I can western union money to them like the illegals here send back to their families in Mexico. 

If you move to Canada with your wife, you can reside, work, and have a path to citizenship.  But if your career isn't available in Canada that would make it difficult to get by. 

I've been thinking about moving to Europe the same way, but I also feel too damn old to fuck around with that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

• Higher poverty rate

But MUH TEXAS ECONOMY! 

No way our roads are worse than the national average.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, they need accessories to the crime, no doubt.  Let's never pretend that we don't have plenty of shitheels born and raised.  But For fuck's sake....Texas politics is about to be completely owned by this utterly non-Texan piece of shit:

maxresdefault.jpg

100% he bought that hat at some truck stop on I45 with a McDonalds and a Subway and 3" of piss on the bathroom floor. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

With your wife and kids gone to Canada you might want to save that Western Union cash for sugar babies 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

That’s essentially the Governor’s job description

Anyone involved with religion will share this wisdom with you: "converts are the worst."  Carpetbaggers coming in and being hyped-up, pretend caricatures of what real Texans are is killing us.  We're not being governed by Texans, we're being governed by cartoon versions of them.

Well Texans are electing them. That’s a fairly watered down excuse.

When I was younger, "Take me Home Country Roads," was a song that, despite it being about WV, I always associated with Texas country and ranches. It would be played loudly and often when I was with friends hunting or just fucking about. For 20 years, every time I have heard that song, I'm instantly transported back to evening skies over hard-scrabbled Texas brush. I was driving yesterday and the song came on. For the first time in my life I felt a disconnect with Texas that I realized is likely irreversible. The nostalgia has been irrevocably tainted by the political stench and the institutionalized hatred for our fellow human beings.

". . . to the place, I belong."

I don't belong there. Perhaps I never did.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1