Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

21 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

BLUE

I got that.

It seems like such an anachronism to me. We’re in the 2020’s and young people have been getting their freak on for 60-70 years. I myself went through a Flock of Seagulls phase in the 80’s. Full mullet with a couple of bleached-blonde streaks and a dangly earring in my (LEFT) ear.

14 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

We all see it.  We all see it.

Then I discovered the Grateful Dead. Get your freak on, brothers and sisters. I don’t care about the length or the color of your hair. I don’t care about the clothes that you wear. Men in skirts, women with hairy legs and armpits, I don’t care. You’re cool  

I’ve been a hippie dude hanging out with Goth freaks all dressed in black with piercings and pioneering the tattoo revolution. (At the time as tame as my left ear piercing was. Just a Celtic design on an arm or leg to start.) I’ve been pretty average-looking and forgettable for most of my life but there was a time when my hair was long and old ladies locked their car door when I crossed the street.

The last time I went to Taco Bell, the guy at the window had blue hair. He may have been disappointed by how much I wasn’t shocked and didn’t care. I mean, seriously, who fucking cares about hair color in this day and age? Certainly no one who supports Trump. He’s not blonde. 

• Like 1

You should hope in one hand and shit in the other.  Trump isn't resigning with a week to go.

This man's boundless ego and lack of morals are not done grifting the American people and his supporters for the next 7 days.  If he resigns, he'll have to cover his own travel costs to go golfing and moving costs to Mar-a-Lago for his shit. 

• Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If I had to make an optimistic guess, I’d say McConnell will be using every tool available to force Trump to resign without having a Senate trial. 

you're like aggy and next year w/ this Trump resignation shit.  He's a malignant narcissist who, literally, thinks he's never made a mistake.  He. Won't. Quit.  

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
you're
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

you're like aggy and next year w/ this Trump resignation shit.  He's a malignant narcissist who, literally, thinks he's never made a mistake.  He. Won't. Quit.  

Exactly. He’s not capable. If you don’t get that then you haven’t figured him out. You still don’t understand him. And that’s sad because he’s so easy to understand. 

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You should hope in one hand and shit in the other.  Trump isn't resigning with a week to go.

This man's boundless ego and lack of morals are not done grifting the American people and his supporters for the next 7 days.  If he resigns, he'll have to cover his own travel costs to go golfing and moving costs to Mar-a-Lago for his shit. 

Yup, he will hold out expressly as a giant fuck you to Mitch and the Republican Party. He gives zero fucks about decorum, the office of the president, or the constitution. He is driven by greed, power, and grudges. If Mitch wants him out, he’s going to have to get his hands dirty. 

36 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Donald Trump has been the most divisive president, and maybe the most devisive person period, in this history of our country. Fuck the republicans calling for "unity" now. The man used his social media to berate literally everyone he didn't like, including grade school insult names. I just don't understand how people can see this and still think the republicans have any moral ground to stand on, but this is 'murica.

there is no moral ground.  republicans are dishonest.

So I just heard Rudy is going to be trying the case in the Senate should it get there?  Please, please, please tell me the defense table will be Rudy, Sydney, and Jenna.  The fact that these are the only people willing to stand in for him is comical.  Cippilone would at least appear legitimate, but Trump has already burned that bridge.  

46 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The drama coming:  When McConnell is delivered the article of impeachment and watching how fast he moves will tell us a lot.  

If he moves quickly, it means he understands. 

If he stalls, he’s betraying the country.

I honestly don’t know how to handicap this. 

The odds of McConnell bringing impeachment to a vote prior to 1/20 are the same as the odds of Trump resigning: 0%.

30 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If I had to make an optimistic guess, I’d say McConnell will be using every tool available to force Trump to resign without having a Senate trial. 

McConnell wants Trump out of the Republican party. This isn't just revenge for losing the senate; this is reclaiming control of his own party.

McConnell doesn't want leverage to get Trump to do something else. He wants Trump unable to run for office and ejected from the GOP. He's fine and able to weather a few years of voter discontent in the aftermath. Point is, he thinks he knows what he's doing, and that's why he'll do it.

It has nothing to do with the good of the country or anything noble like that. It's about power.

So basically, according to the Republicans are saying is this crime should not be punished because he only has another week left in office. Hmmm, so if a school principal assaults a child a week before he is due to retire he should be allowed to finish out the school year. Sounds about right...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The drama coming:  When McConnell is delivered the article of impeachment and watching how fast he moves will tell us a lot.  

If he moves quickly, it means he understands. 

If he stalls, he’s betraying the country.

I honestly don’t know how to handicap this. 

He's already burned his bridge with Trump and his mob base.  I don't think he's any more at risk by bringing things to a vote quickly.

Listening to the Republican house members arguments about not impeaching, I’m just laughing my balls off. 

this one fucker said doing so would mean we are a banana republic. I just can’t even

Ha this new guy is saying you are only strengthening the trump movement 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1